Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Its a travesty that wasn't a contender for the beebs GOTS!

Unbelievable. 

Lowtons was better than all of the contenders. It just so happened to occur in the same month as RVP's offside 'wonder' goal that he scored almost identically in the season before when he was at arsenal. Not so rare...

also they didn't take into consideration the fact he is a defender!

Stop reacting like the BBC interprets your reality for you. It's embarrassing the rest of us.

If you want a third party to decide your reality for you, there is no better pundit than Neville, and yes he is an ex-Man Utd player.

Gary Neville on Sky's Monday Night Football gave the goal of the season to Lowton. 

The reality is Lowton's goal was goal of the season and the BBC is just ass-kissing Man Utd fans because they are an irrelevant and corrupt institution.

Lets face it

It doesn't matter about his position, or whether it helped us stay up, the thing that mattered was how he got it through two people closing him down, where-as RVP had a clean strike.

Yet, Van Persies was coming over his head.

Lets face it if Lowton scores Van Persies and Van Persie wins GOTS with Lowtons, were all saying Lowton should have won.

RVP won because it was a fantastic goal and he plays for Man Utd. It just so happens it was a goal in the game that won them the title. More people will care and will have taken note of RVP's - time to move on I think.

Edited by Woodytom

Stop reacting like the BBC interprets your reality for you. It's embarrassing the rest of us.

If you want a third party to decide your reality for you, there is no better pundit than Neville, and yes he is an ex-Man Utd player.

Gary Neville on Sky's Monday Night Football gave the goal of the season to Lowton. 

The reality is Lowton's goal was goal of the season and the BBC is just ass-kissing Man Utd fans because they are an irrelevant and corrupt institution.

Bloody hell Con what's up? Have you failed to pay for your TV License?.............Yeah, Me too :)

I can hear the TV detector vans outside your door & mine as I post.............Or should that be the VT Detector van ;):)

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant news. Absolutely adore him.

I've say this a million times in a million threads but I think we have a genuine top class talent in out hands here. That performance against Sunderland in particular was the best I've ever seen by a Villa full back, one of the best I've seen from any full back.

Hope he's here his entire career. He'll go down as a legend.

Baker, Weimann, Clark, Guzan, Westwood and then Lowton next up!

I wonder who, if any, will be next? Delph and Sylla?

(Sylla's contract was only signed in Jan tho)

Delph has another chance.

Don't think he is the player a lot of fans are demanding he bes.

BTW I don't think I've ever written a sentence ending in bes.

It's good that players like Lowton are rewarded for their development. Positive encouragement for the rest.

Vlaar must be a bit miffed

Considering he's the most established signing I'd wager he's already on a fair bit and was expected to perform to a certain level. Whereas the others were gambles and have come on leaps and bounds since they originally signed.

Vlaar must be a bit miffed

Considering he's the most established signing I'd wager he's already on a fair bit and was expected to perform to a certain level. Whereas the others were gambles and have come on leaps and bounds since they originally signed.

I wouldn't say he was on that much, though you're right that he would likely have been far out-earning the other signings for the most part. Plus I don't actually think he did enough to warrant a raise. The younger guys are probably earning close to what he is now though

Â