Confirmed: Culverhouse and Karsa join villa from Norwich

abc123cox

I don't see that he is on the wind. We've also seen players leave who thought the grass was greener. In some cases it was (Barry, Milner) but in plenty of other cases it wasn't. And I've no doubt our game against them was chosen by Sky because of the managerial appointment. Sometimes the reader sees something in a post that simply isn't there.

It seems to me we paid **** all to get them. I'm pretty sure McNally would have made sure the world knew he'd won if they'd had a penny out of us. Nice of him to help keep our wage bill down for a few weeks.

And by the by, I see our game at your place is live on Sky...............I can't think why?

They're no doubt hoping Delia will stagger on to the pitch and attack Lambert & co with an empty sherry bottle, crying "bastards".

Oh also Norwich will undoubtedly stuff us - we have a long and noble record in that field, don't we?

A few others who left us thought the grass was greener, they soon found out it wasn't!

And by the by, I see our game at your place is live on Sky...............I can't think why?

Yeah Im sure Martin O'Neil, Steve Bruce, Chris Sutton, Andy, Townsend, Chris Woods, Scott Parker (Cheating here as he was on Loan), Robert Green, Andy Linighan, Danny Mills, Dave Watson, John Fashanu and best of all RON SAUNDERS all regret leaving Norwich.

To be fair to Wiz, he said "a few". Out of the hundreds of people who have left Norwich over their complete history.... a few have regretted it :winkold:

A few others who left us thought the grass was greener, they soon found out it wasn't!

Yeah Im sure Martin O'Neil, Steve Bruce, Chris Sutton, Andy, Townsend, Chris Woods, Scott Parker (Cheating here as he was on Loan), Robert Green, Andy Linighan, Danny Mills, Dave Watson, John Fashanu and best of all RON SAUNDERS all regret leaving Norwich.

Couldn't have put it better myself. The mighty Norwich. :lol:

Give me a break. They aren't even a yoyo club going up and down from the PL to the Champiionship. They dropped like a brick, and our manager saved their sorry asses alongside his fine associates - Karsa, Culverhouse.

With essentially a league 1/championship side it was.

Sorry but i wholly disagree. Last season we stayed up by the skin of our teeth with probably one of the worst villa squads in some time so finishing above us was nothing to write home about!

If we've got all these for free then I will laugh. Up yours McNally. I had a lot of time for Norwich beforehand as I thought their fans were more humble than your average PL fan, but their last few years have really gone to their heads it seems.

Welcome Culverhouse and Karsa.

What, our success has gone to our heads because we don't think we should just roll over and let an (admittedly slightly bigger) club who we finished above last season poach all of our management team for no compensation?

You guys would have reacted exactly the same if the boot was on the other foot and I have no doubt you will do when lambert walks out on you at some point in the future.

For the time being though we can all move on. We've both got new managers the fans are happy with and we are both making new signings and looking forward to the new season. Bit of a shame though we have to have a lunchtime kick-off for our game at Villa Park. Still at least it should be on the saturday as i would expect Liverpool to get through in the Europa League.

More your refusal to accept that your former manager had done a great job getting you to the Prem, and that Villa is a good challenge for him to move up to, seeing us as a sideways (or lower) step, and that perhaps maybe a Premier League ever present might tempt away your manager..

If Lambert walks out on us for a bigger club then he'll have done a great job. The attacks on Villa and the chairman by your club and your fans have been lacking in class, particularly as you bullied Colchester and illegally took Lambert in the first place.

If your chairman had undergone it all legally, I have no doubt you'd be sitting on some nice compensation money. As it stands you have got £0 from losing Lambert/Culverhouse/Karsa to us. In fact you paid their wags for a couple of months and paid Birmingham for Hughton and co.

Of course I don't think you should have 'rolled over', instead you tried to tear our hand off and ended up in the red on the deal as a result. Justice served for McNally i think.

Brilliant!

With these appointments it makes all the Norwich fans look like retards believing their clubs propaganda that Cully and Karsa were "staying"

but most of all it makes Mcnasty look like an utter spastic :P Fantastic :D

Sorry but i wholly disagree. Last season we stayed up by the skin of our teeth with probably one of the worst villa squads in some time so finishing above us was nothing to write home about!

You can disagree all you like. He/they didnt just finish above Villa. Finishing 12th with a Norwich squad made up largely of championship and league 1 standard players is some achievement and yes, although we were shit, we still have/had a much better squad. So did most if not all the teams they finished above.

Dont forget, they took a team in dire straits in league 1 up twice, although the way to the Premiership. Then, with very meagre resources, finished comfortably mid table. Scoring more goals than anybody outside the top 6. You dont think that was a good achievement?

I can understand why fans are optimistic.

Mazrim my main point was that finishing above a team that has flirted with relegation for the past two seasons was not such an achievement as to lord our new manager as some sort of messiah and i wholly stand by that point. I do not think he deserves our 100% trust based on that achievement. I would rather wait until he earns it.

I actually feel a bit for Norwich

We've plundered their management team and they now face the inevitability of R

ele

gation?

Nah, I think they'll be OK with Hughton.

Our squad is 'better' than Norwichs.

But I agree, finishing above us in nothing to write home about last season. However finishing above all of those other clubs with the displays they had last season certainly was something to write home about. It's the third season in a row he's done that and I think Lambert will be a superb choice for us

Our squad is 'better' than Norwichs.

But I agree, finishing above us in nothing to write home about last season. However finishing above all of those other clubs with the displays they had last season certainly was something to write home about. It's the third season in a row he's done that and I think Lambert will be a superb choice for us

Yeah but let's wait and see how he performs here first before making statements such as 'in Lambert we trust.' He has done nothing to earn that trust at our club. Given time he very well might but we have higher expectation levels than Norwich so let's just wait and see.

Â