Confirmed: Culverhouse and Karsa join villa from Norwich

abc123cox

Wizz has said all along that he thinks these two would join up with Lambert. So it's not as if he's been proved wrong or anything....

Sounds like we haven't paid a penny for these two either :D:D:D

"Pawns in a game" he said.. "Holding out for compensation" he said.. What I see is Norwich just paid the weekly salary of these guys for last 3 weeks and handed them to us on a plate for free, how lovely.

Wizz has said all along that he thinks these two would join up with Lambert. So it's not as if he's been proved wrong or anything....

Sounds like we haven't paid a penny for these two either :D:D:D

And that's what I'd say he got wrong.

canaries.co.uk"]CITY can confirm Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have left the Club by mutual consent, with immediate effect.

The duo played their full part in three tremendous seasons after joining the Canaries from Colchester United when Paul Lambert took charge at Carrow Road in August 2009. A former Canary playing legend with 369 appearances from 1985 to 1994 already under his belt, Culverhouse's second spell at the Club was as Assistant Manager to Lambert.

Meanwhile Karsa joined as Head of Football Operations, assisting Lambert and Culverhouse with administrative and player liaison duties at the Club's Colney Training Centre.

City Chief Executive David McNally commented: "We'd certainly like to place on record our sincere gratitude and appreciation of the work that Ian and Gary did with Paul to help lift us from the foot of League One to the Barclays Premier League. "They've played a full part in a memorable and exciting era for the Club and I'm sure all Norwich fans will join everybody at Carrow Road and Colney in wishing them all the best for the future."

So, um, call me crazy but doesn't that mean that once more Norwich aren't actually entitled to any compensation from us?

The phrase "my mutual consent" implies that some sort of agreement has been reached to enable them to terminate their contract so i suspect we have been paid something by Villa. Doubt we will all ever find out the details but wouldn;t think it will be a huge sum.

Despite what many of you think I don;t think any Norwich fans (including Wiz) ever seriously thought that either of them would stay with us. Hughton has brought his own guys in and would not have wanted them around. Their ongoing employment with us was clearly just for the purposes of the negotiations ongoing behind the scene with Villa. Nobody knows what Karsa does but Culverhouse is key in the Lambert set up and Lambert acknowledges as much. Culverhouse takes virtually all the training and indeed for the first couple of years they were with us i understand Lambert used to go back to Scotland for 2-3 days a week to see his family so Cully pretty much ran things at the training ground. Similar approach to MON and his coaches in that regard.

Anyway time to move on now. Hughton is impressing our end with his early actions and i can tell from here that you guys are pleased with Lambert. Will be interesting to see how the season pans out.

canaries.co.uk"]CITY can confirm Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have left the Club by mutual consent, with immediate effect.

The duo played their full part in three tremendous seasons after joining the Canaries from Colchester United when Paul Lambert took charge at Carrow Road in August 2009. A former Canary playing legend with 369 appearances from 1985 to 1994 already under his belt, Culverhouse's second spell at the Club was as Assistant Manager to Lambert.

Meanwhile Karsa joined as Head of Football Operations, assisting Lambert and Culverhouse with administrative and player liaison duties at the Club's Colney Training Centre.

City Chief Executive David McNally commented: "We'd certainly like to place on record our sincere gratitude and appreciation of the work that Ian and Gary did with Paul to help lift us from the foot of League One to the Barclays Premier League. "They've played a full part in a memorable and exciting era for the Club and I'm sure all Norwich fans will join everybody at Carrow Road and Colney in wishing them all the best for the future."

So, um, call me crazy but doesn't that mean that once more Norwich aren't actually entitled to any compensation from us?

The phrase "my mutual consent" implies that some sort of agreement has been reached to enable them to terminate their contract so i suspect we have been paid something by Villa. Doubt we will all ever find out the details but wouldn;t think it will be a huge sum.

Despite what many of you think I don;t think any Norwich fans (including Wiz) ever seriously thought that either of them would stay with us. Hughton has brought his own guys in and would not have wanted them around. Their ongoing employment with us was clearly just for the purposes of the negotiations ongoing behind the scene with Villa. Nobody knows what Karsa does but Culverhouse is key in the Lambert set up and Lambert acknowledges as much. Culverhouse takes virtually all the training and indeed for the first couple of years they were with us i understand Lambert used to go back to Scotland for 2-3 days a week to see his family so Cully pretty much ran things at the training ground. Similar approach to MON and his coaches in that regard.

Anyway time to move on now. Hughton is impressing our end with his early actions and i can tell from here that you guys are pleased with Lambert. Will be interesting to see how the season pans out.

or "by mutual consent" even!

As a gesture of good will, you're welcome to Alan Hutton on a free. :thumb:

Thanks but will pass on that one. We've actually just signed the guy who replaced him at Rangers. Based on the comments in here re Hutton lets hope he was an improvement!

Interesting to see who you bring in this summer. Its a bit like the "here's what you could have won" bit at the end of Bulleye! Pleased with our signing of Butterfield though. Quite a Lambertesque signing.

As a gesture of good will, you're welcome to Alan Hutton on a free. :thumb:

Thanks but will pass on that one. We've actually just signed the guy who replaced him at Rangers. Based on the comments in here re Hutton lets hope he was an improvement!

Interesting to see who you bring in this summer. Its a bit like the "here's what you could have won" bit at the end of Bulleye! Pleased with our signing of Butterfield though. Quite a Lambertesque signing.

What?!?! Do you say no to the scottish Cafu? :shock:

Ok so here we go then. Nicked a complete management team on the cheap after years of paying painful compensation due to Randy's mistakes. Before we all rub our hands in glee just remember its Norwich's management team so I won't glote just yet until I see how they do?

Actually Smithy, the "mutual consent" phrase could and most likely does apply to an agreement between Karsa, Culverhouse and Norwich. In so much as that both parties are withdrawing any claims to anything owed and cut their ties. It doesnt mean Villa have paid anything.

With their boss gone and new people brought in to do their jobs they probably had claims for some sort of pay off from Norwich and similarly Norwich sought compensation from Villa for two of their employees under contract. So in my opinion all thats happened is that all claims have been dropped and everybody goes about their (new) business.

Ok so here we go then. Nicked a complete management team on the cheap after years of paying painful compensation due to Randy's mistakes. Before we all rub our hands in glee just remember its Norwich's management team so I won't glote just yet until I see how they do?

well it cant be worse than the Eck and Grant combo.

also f we did get them on cheap i think credit should go to Faulkner an easy target for people on here

The management team that got Norwich from shit to good in 3 seasons and had them finish above us in the league? I think we are in good hands and that isn't blind faith that is using past history and the fact it's so much harder to get Norwich to where they are now than to get us into the top 10 again.

well it cant be worse than the Eck and Grant combo.

also f we did get them on cheap i think credit should go to Faulkner an easy target for people on here

That's exactly the attitude that concerns me the most. Can't be any worse than our previous management team so we should be over the moon with this appointment. I think we should all be a little more cautious and just have a wait and see policy. It's a big step up for Lambert with much higher expectations at our club than Norwich.

Â