Confirmed: Culverhouse and Karsa join villa from Norwich

abc123cox

Am I the only one who doesn't feel like rubbing their fans' noses in it. I'll celebrate for us, but I don't want to lord it over them. The asshole in all of this is McNally and he got his. The fans are rightly upset at losing the best manager they've had in donkeys years. I feel a little sorry for them, only them. They love their club and they're hurting. Yes, that's the way the Premier League works but at the same time; as is usually the case; it's the fans that suffer. So, it's fantastic that we've got the final pieces in our jigsaw. Let's get on with moving up the table. I don't want to be razzing the likes of Wiz when they come in here. They've enough on their plate. Not to mention what goes around comes around, but that's another matter.

I'm not so sure anyone wants to rub their fans' noses in it, at least not collectively, just certain elements of their fan base who have made themselves known to us over recent times.

I personally had nothing against Norwich upon the season ending, couple of close(ish) friends are Norwich fans however, the way in which elements of their fan base conducted themselves throughout the past couple of months has been embarrassing and they're now up there with West Ham and Liverpool in my hated teams.

If we've got all these for free then I will laugh. Up yours McNally. I had a lot of time for Norwich beforehand as I thought their fans were more humble than your average PL fan, but their last few years have really gone to their heads it seems.

Welcome Culverhouse and Karsa.

Little known facts about Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa.

* Ian Culverhouse has a UEFA Cup Winner's medal (he was an unplayed substitute in Spurs's 1984 final against Anderlecht).

* His middle name is Brett

* The Norwich fans were never really very clear what Gary Karsa's role was. The club themselves decscribe it as "Head of Football Operations, assisting Lambert and Culverhouse with administrative and player liaison duties at the Club's Colney Training Centre."

* He is rumoured to be Paul Lambert's bro-in-law.

He is rumoured to be Paul Lambert's bro-in-law.

Surely that's a fairly easily verifiable rumour.
Quite, I'm suprised Dave Whelan hasn't mentioned it already

If we've got all these for free then I will laugh. Up yours McNally. I had a lot of time for Norwich beforehand as I thought their fans were more humble than your average PL fan, but their last few years have really gone to their heads it seems.

What, our success has gone to our heads because we don't think we should just roll over and let an (admittedly slightly bigger) club who we finished above last season poach all of our management team for no compensation?

You guys would have reacted exactly the same if the boot was on the other foot and I have no doubt you will do when lambert walks out on you at some point in the future.

For the time being though we can all move on. We've both got new managers the fans are happy with and we are both making new signings and looking forward to the new season. Bit of a shame though we have to have a lunchtime kick-off for our game at Villa Park. Still at least it should be on the saturday as i would expect Liverpool to get through in the Europa League.

What, our success has gone to our heads because we don't think we should just roll over and let an (admittedly much bigger) club who we finished above last season poach all of our management team for no compensation?

You guys would have reacted exactly the same if the boot was on the other foot and I have no doubt you will do when lambert walks out on you at some point in the future.

For the time being though we can all move on. We've both got new managers the fans are happy with and we are both making new signings and looking forward to the new season. Bit of a shame though we have to have a lunchtime kick-off for our game at Villa Park. Still at least it should be on the saturday as i would expect Liverpool to get through in the Europa League.

Fixed.

What, our success has gone to our heads because we don't think we should just roll over and let an (admittedly slightly bigger) club who we finished above last season poach all of our management team for no compensation?

Agree with every word of that FWIW. All except for your 'slightly bigger' comparison. C'mon son!

I don't think you can blame us really, had McNally and co not reneged on their contractual promise that they would allow Lambert to speak with us directly, Norwich would have been entitled to a good deal of compensation. Blame the Norwich executives, not us.

Fair enough protesting if you have a strong case for crying foul but that's not true is it?

I don't think you can blame us really, had McNally and co not reneged on their contractual promise that they would allow Lambert to speak with us directly, Norwich would have been entitled to a good deal of compensation. Blame the Norwich executives, not us.

Fair enough protesting if you have a strong case for crying foul but that's not true is it?

To be honest none of us know what went on, if the clause in question even exists or if it does what it says so its very hard for any of us to judge whether anyone went back on promises or who was in the wrong. McNally is a hard nosed operator but by the same token he;s no fool so i would be amazed if he breach a term of Lambert's contract to the extent that Lambert was simply able to walk away. If he did then its out of character.

With the way football is these things are never clear cut and i am sure that there is barely a transfer or managerial move that is done by the book these daysl Everyone is tapped up and regardless of whether or not McNally gave Lambert permission to speak with Villa I would be amazed if things hadn;p;t already been agreed between lambert's agent and Villa well before any formal approach to Norwich was even made.

Anyway as said above, we move on and will be interesting to see how we both get on next season. I have a feeling we will both do ok. For us the change could be what we need to freshen things up and avoid "second season syndrome" and I think lambert will have you in the top half.

But you would have got compensation if your CEO hadn't broken Lambert contract by refusing him permission to talk to us, DESPITE it being in his contract

Just read to bottom of page 5 - point already made

0,,10265~11019048,00.jpg

Sieg heil tbh

Either that or he wants it played over the top

He's playing that game you play with kids, where you try and get them to touch your hand to get the ball.

And he's doing it to Bannan.

A few others who left us thought the grass was greener, they soon found out it wasn't!

And by the by, I see our game at your place is live on Sky...............I can't think why?

Â