Confirmed: Culverhouse and Karsa join villa from Norwich

abc123cox

Ok so here we go then. Nicked a complete management team on the cheap after years of paying painful compensation due to Randy's mistakes. Before we all rub our hands in glee just remember its Norwich's management team so I won't glote just yet until I see how they do?

The management team that got Norwich from shit to good in 3 seasons and had them finish above us in the league? I think we are in good hands and that isn't blind faith that is using past history and the fact it's so much harder to get Norwich to where they are now than to get us into the top 10 again.

With all due respect it wasn't much of an achievement to finish above us last season.

Am I the only one who doesn't feel like rubbing their fans' noses in it. I'll celebrate for us, but I don't want to lord it over them. The asshole in all of this is McNally and he got his. The fans are rightly upset at losing the best manager they've had in donkeys years. I feel a little sorry for them, only them. They love their club and they're hurting. Yes, that's the way the Premier League works but at the same time; as is usually the case; it's the fans that suffer. So, it's fantastic that we've got the final pieces in our jigsaw. Let's get on with moving up the table. I don't want to be razzing the likes of Wiz when they come in here. They've enough on their plate. Not to mention what goes around comes around, but that's another matter.

Am I the only one who doesn't feel like rubbing their fans' noses in it. I'll celebrate for us, but I don't want to lord it over them. The asshole in all of this is McNally and he got his. The fans are rightly upset at losing the best manager they've had in donkeys years. I feel a little sorry for them, only them. They love their club and they're hurting. Yes, that's the way the Premier League works but at the same time; as is usually the case; it's the fans that suffer. So, it's fantastic that we've got the final pieces in our jigsaw. Let's get on with moving up the table. I don't want to be razzing the likes of Wiz when they come in here. They've enough on their plate. Not to mention what goes around comes around, but that's another matter.

I admire your stance however compared to their forum the stuff on here is extremely mild there are some real vitriolic comments about us

Welcome Cully and Karsa.

Wiz gives as good as he gets. I wouldn't seek Norwich fans out to rub it in as I like their club. If they come on here they're fair game.

I really dont mind it to be honest. I have no hard feelings towards them, can understand their frustration and they're a club I have time for. It's all gravy.

But Wiz is getting a bit of stick due to his smug self confidence and comedy like naivety. Its nothing more than that I reckon.

He's not a bad bloke and as far as I'm concerned he's welcome here.

Welcome chaps!

INCOGNITO AVFC did say it would be a busy week. Even if we have just signed El Ahmadi and the backroom staff, I still think that's a fairly busy week in football terms.

Welcome chaps!

INCOGNITO AVFC did say it would be a busy week. Even if we have just signed El Ahmadi and the backroom staff, I still think that's a fairly busy week in football terms.

rubbish, I signed 14 players, released 20 and signed a new backroom staff in 1 week in FM 2012 :P

I admire your stance however compared to their forum the stuff on here is extremely mild there are some real vitriolic comments about us
But that's just fans and the nature of forums isn't it? Of course it'll be vitriolic. They've lost and we've (in their eyes) robbed them. They'll be spitting fire on their forum. Let them do their 'grieving'. Hopefully Hughton will do well for them but I think it'll take a while before they forgive us!

Welcome chaps!

rubbish, I signed 14 players, released 20 and signed a new backroom staff in 1 week in FM 2012 :P

:lol:

1) Start game

2) Get rid of Heskey, Beye, Petrov, Grant, Collins, Dunne & Cuellar

3) REALLY start the game! :twisted:

Welcome to the greatest club in the world if only in our own minds.

Hugely important appointments in terms of the overall success of Lambert.

Their arrival was never in doubt and was always going to follow in the days following July 1st but with the players returning to training it is nice to have them confirmed.

We should still rise above it.

We have the signings we wanted, no need to rub it in their faces.

How many times have we been the feeder club over the years?

Good news that the boss has his two amigos alongside him now. I wish their replacements well for all but their games against us next season and look forward to the friendly banter between our 2 clubs in our games with them. We have the best of the moves but they have found a decent team to replace them. Now we need to get some more players to fill our shirts.

canaries.co.uk"]CITY can confirm Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have left the Club by mutual consent, with immediate effect.

The duo played their full part in three tremendous seasons after joining the Canaries from Colchester United when Paul Lambert took charge at Carrow Road in August 2009. A former Canary playing legend with 369 appearances from 1985 to 1994 already under his belt, Culverhouse's second spell at the Club was as Assistant Manager to Lambert.

Meanwhile Karsa joined as Head of Football Operations, assisting Lambert and Culverhouse with administrative and player liaison duties at the Club's Colney Training Centre.

City Chief Executive David McNally commented: "We'd certainly like to place on record our sincere gratitude and appreciation of the work that Ian and Gary did with Paul to help lift us from the foot of League One to the Barclays Premier League. "They've played a full part in a memorable and exciting era for the Club and I'm sure all Norwich fans will join everybody at Carrow Road and Colney in wishing them all the best for the future."

So, um, call me crazy but doesn't that mean that once more Norwich aren't actually entitled to any compensation from us?

The phrase "my mutual consent" implies that some sort of agreement has been reached to enable them to terminate their contract so i suspect we have been paid something by Villa. Doubt we will all ever find out the details but wouldn;t think it will be a huge sum.

Despite what many of you think I don;t think any Norwich fans (including Wiz) ever seriously thought that either of them would stay with us. Hughton has brought his own guys in and would not have wanted them around. Their ongoing employment with us was clearly just for the purposes of the negotiations ongoing behind the scene with Villa. Nobody knows what Karsa does but Culverhouse is key in the Lambert set up and Lambert acknowledges as much. Culverhouse takes virtually all the training and indeed for the first couple of years they were with us i understand Lambert used to go back to Scotland for 2-3 days a week to see his family so Cully pretty much ran things at the training ground. Similar approach to MON and his coaches in that regard.

Anyway time to move on now. Hughton is impressing our end with his early actions and i can tell from here that you guys are pleased with Lambert. Will be interesting to see how the season pans out.

"by mutual consent" is far more likely to mean that an agreement was reached between Narwich and the two individuals rather than having anything to do with Villa, so sorry, but I think you're wrong.

Actually Smithy, the "mutual consent" phrase could and most likely does apply to an agreement between Karsa, Culverhouse and Norwich. In so much as that both parties are withdrawing any claims to anything owed and cut their ties. It doesnt mean Villa have paid anything.

With their boss gone and new people brought in to do their jobs they probably had claims for some sort of pay off from Norwich and similarly Norwich sought compensation from Villa for two of their employees under contract. So in my opinion all thats happened is that all claims have been dropped and everybody goes about their (new) business.

:thumb:

I said at the time we appointed PL that it may be jumping the gun a bit but welcome to these two as well.

It was always going to happen, but just take a little longer.

Â