Confirmed: Culverhouse and Karsa join villa from Norwich

abc123cox

From the Official Club Site

Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have joined Paul Lambert at Bodymoor Heath in their respective roles as assistant manager and head of football operations as the Villa first team players report back for pre-season training.

Culverhouse and Karsa have worked with Lambert for the past six years in spells at Wycombe, Colchester and Norwich and officially take up their roles in the new Villa manager's backroom team as of today.

"It's great for them to be here at the club and I'm delighted they have joined me," Lambert said.

"They have been with me for the past six years which is a long time and we've built up an understanding and a trust. I trust them and they have been great for me.

"We have always bounced well off each other and we're all looking forward to the job at hand here at Villa."

Culverhouse played at right back for Tottenham, Norwich, Swindon, Kingstonian and Brighton, spending 10 years at Carrow Road and playing 369 games for the Canaries.

He began his coaching career with Brighton in early 2000, serving first as reserve team manager before moving to Barnet where he first worked alongside Karsa as youth team manager in the summer of 2000.

Following Barnet's relegation he joined Leyton Orient as a youth coach and was promoted to assistant manager.

He then moved to Wycombe Wanderers as youth team coach in 2005.

He began working with Lambert at Wycombe in 2006, becoming assistant manager at Adams Park in 2007 and retaining that role under Lambert's management of Colchester and Norwich.

Karsa took up his first coaching job at Enfield in 1998 where he was appointed football and community officer.

He moved to a similar role with Barnet where he worked with Culverhouse before joining Charlton Athletic as head of academy recruitment.

He was reunited with Culverhouse at Leyton Orient before he joined Wycombe Wanderers in 2006 in a youth role.

He has continued to work with Lambert and Culverhouse as football operations manager at Colchester and Norwich.

Click here to buy season tickets for the new term as Villa embark on a vibrant new era.

Great! Probably two of the most important signings this summer for Lambert. Now on for more players. One more player this week and it has indeed been a little busy.

Relieved.

Not that I really doubted it, but still good to have them in place, and obviously they're getting the exact same job titles as they've had before.

canaries.co.uk"]CITY can confirm Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have left the Club by mutual consent, with immediate effect.

The duo played their full part in three tremendous seasons after joining the Canaries from Colchester United when Paul Lambert took charge at Carrow Road in August 2009. A former Canary playing legend with 369 appearances from 1985 to 1994 already under his belt, Culverhouse's second spell at the Club was as Assistant Manager to Lambert.

Meanwhile Karsa joined as Head of Football Operations, assisting Lambert and Culverhouse with administrative and player liaison duties at the Club's Colney Training Centre.

City Chief Executive David McNally commented: "We'd certainly like to place on record our sincere gratitude and appreciation of the work that Ian and Gary did with Paul to help lift us from the foot of League One to the Barclays Premier League. "They've played a full part in a memorable and exciting era for the Club and I'm sure all Norwich fans will join everybody at Carrow Road and Colney in wishing them all the best for the future."

So, um, call me crazy but doesn't that mean that once more Norwich aren't actually entitled to any compensation from us?

Â