Confirmed: Culverhouse and Karsa join villa from Norwich

abc123cox

Am I the only one who thinks Norwich should get compo, and even hopes they do?

If we were in Norwich's position I think we'd all feel entitled to something for having to cough up our entire management team to a bigger club the minute they come knocking.

I really don't see the need for a war of words with Norwich fans either. We have no axe to grind with them as a club. They are a proper club. We are bigger, they know it, we know it, and really I think the real clubs ought to stand together against the truly dreadful clubs such as Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and possibly QPR, Newcastle and Liverpool.

Confirmed where? Do you have a link?

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62

In response to a number of questions from supporters, I can confirm that compensation was agreed between the two clubs for Ian and Gary.

I'd do a proper twitter link in a red hyper link but your mods told me off for using red.

Am I the only one who thinks Norwich should get compo, and even hopes they do?

Not if it was their own mis doing that left them without a manager no

He had a contract with them, they broke it

Why should we pay for that ?

In response to a number of questions from supporters, I can confirm that compensation was agreed between the two clubs for Ian and Gary.

I'd do a proper twitter link in a red hyper link but your mods told me off for using red.

Yes a small price to pay for such a brilliant Coach & backroom member a years salary thats all they have to pay.

You will be lucky to cover David Watson's compensation with that,anyway who cares we got Lambert & Co thats all what matters.

Thanks.

That was a couple of days ago so odd that none of the press have picked up on it.

As for the use of red, yes I know it was me that pm'd you about it ;)

It does seem if that account is genuine that compo has been paid so as you say you can go spend it wisely, it seems that could be on Curtis Davies who we shipped out a couple of years ago.

Enjoy.

I don't have any issue with Norwich as a club at all -even in their recent dealings with us.

I also wouldn't have a huge issue with them getting some kind of settlement/ payout in all this.

But not many people with business savy would make a payment that wasn't required. And if Culverhouse and Karsa were out of contract that's exactly how it looks.

I have to say that some of the stuff I have heard of Norwich fans in recent weeks - clogging up phone in's and even coming on Villa websites to let us all know that this is a sideways move at best for PL and how he's nailed on to walk out on us- has been comedy gold though.

So what are the yokels going to do with a bag of marbles and£3.50?

Exactly.

Who gives a ****? It might be important to these small time 12 fingered freaks but we're Aston Villa, we have more important matters to deal with.

You're welcome to your cash, I'm rather pleased with what we got in return.

Now jog on. Thanks.

Well that's proof enough for me!

HAHA

McNally has just tweeted compensation was agreed with Villa over Cully and Karsa. There smoke some of that.

david mcnally‏@davidmcnally62

Tim Allman has just asked McNally what position on Lambert was - we'll see what he responds with.

Tim Allman‏@kentoncanary@davidmcnally62

Please could you clarify the position with regard to compensation for Paul Lambert? Thanks, Tim

I used to like Naaaaarrrrrich, well perhaps not like s much as ignore due to the fact that they were largely an irrelevance. But just to say that they have acted disgracefully in all of this, utterly disgracefully believe me

I used to have zero opinion on Norwich. Didn't like them, didn't hate them.

All they were were a Championship Club put into the big time because they had a brilliant manager.

But this whole thing has really put them down in my estimation. Bitter, small time club.

Lambert is at a real club now

HAHA

McNally has just tweeted compensation was agreed with Villa over Cully and Karsa. There smoke some of that.

Tim Allman has just asked McNally what position on Lambert was - we'll see what he responds with.

Please could you clarify the position with regard to compensation for Paul Lambert? Thanks, Tim

Twitter evidence? The font in phpbb doesn't go big enough to correctly emphasise my "meh's" or "looooool's"...

HAHA

Hey Wiz,

It was confirmed that Lambert was only on 750k per year at Norwich via Mat Kendrick (Birmingham mail press reporter) so if he was on that what would you think Culverhouse and Karsa would be on??

Maybe Culverhouse 300 to 400k per year and karsa 200 to 300k per year??

Then if compensation was agreed it wouldn't be for the full yearly amount...maybe £600k compo maximum would have been agreed! If that...

Then you have just paid up to £500k for Dave Watson

Then Hughton and his back room staff was reported as £2m

So i make that a negative £1.9m and with that you have lost your best manager ever and also his reliable (brains) assistant Culverhouse and then a great player communicator in Karsa

Yes Hughton is a good choice for a manager and I’m sure a lot of Villa fans if being honest would have accepted him at Villa! However you judge the 2 and we've got the best deal overall. In so many more ways...

I hope Norwich do have a good season though even though i have £20.00 at 6/4 odds on that Norwich will get relegated this year!

But seriously good luck!

One of my best mates is a Norwich fan, but to be fair to him he's thought that McNasty has acted like a complete prick about things.

I think the final straw for me has been reading that Pink 'Un forum of theirs - Talk about deluded and bitter, some of them actually think they've got a better manager now in Hughton!

We'll see who finishes higher come next May, I have a feeling Norwich might be converting to npower......

Thanks for the compo, at last!

Just confirmed, we'll spend it wisely rest assured.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since you've started posting on this forum you have been saying:

PL wont be coming.

PL is coming but he is shit without his sidekicks.

PL sidekicks aren't coming.

PL sidekicks are coming but Villa just spent half of Britain's tax chambers on them so the laugh is on them.

There's no way we paid Norwich the remaining wages of these pair for their transfer to our club. Just no chance whatsoever.

Their contracts were terminated by mutual consent. Culverhouse and Karsa's job titles were changed and their positions replaced, making them surplus to requirements at the club. It's more likely Norwich paid off their contracts to avoid a conciliation/tribunal.

I firmly believe this was potáto-potàto. We don't need you any more - you don't want to be here any more - let's agree to part ways and not drag it through the courts.

Â