Confirmed: Culverhouse and Karsa join villa from Norwich

abc123cox

With essentially a league 1/championship side it was.
Sorry but i wholly disagree. Last season we stayed up by the skin of our teeth with probably one of the worst villa squads in some time so finishing above us was nothing to write home about!
Our squad is 'better' than Norwichs.

But I agree, finishing above us in nothing to write home about last season. However finishing above all of those other clubs with the displays they had last season certainly was something to write home about. It's the third season in a row he's done that and I think Lambert will be a superb choice for us

Yeah but let's wait and see how he performs here first before making statements such as 'in Lambert we trust.' He has done nothing to earn that trust at our club. Given time he very well might but we have higher expectation levels than Norwich so let's just wait and see.

Is 'trust' and 'wait and see' that different? I 'trust' PL to manage our club and will 'wait and see' how he performs before considering criticism of some of his decisions I might not initially agree with. I think Morpheus may be reading more into others statements of 'trust' than they intended; I'd read it as simple as giving the bloke a chance. :)

With essentially a league 1/championship side it was.
Sorry but i wholly disagree. Last season we stayed up by the skin of our teeth with probably one of the worst villa squads in some time so finishing above us was nothing to write home about!
Our squad is 'better' than Norwichs.

But I agree, finishing above us in nothing to write home about last season. However finishing above all of those other clubs with the displays they had last season certainly was something to write home about. It's the third season in a row he's done that and I think Lambert will be a superb choice for us

Yeah but let's wait and see how he performs here first before making statements such as 'in Lambert we trust.' He has done nothing to earn that trust at our club. Given time he very well might but we have higher expectation levels than Norwich so let's just wait and see.

Is 'trust' and 'wait and see' that different? I 'trust' PL to manage our club and will 'wait and see' how he performs before considering criticism of some of his decisions I might not initially agree with. I think Morpheus may be reading more into others statements of 'trust' than they intended; I'd read it as simple as giving the bloke a chance. :)

Ok we'll wait and see then. :lol:

Norwich will do well to stay up next year, 2nd season syndrome, a new manager, there will be a lot of changes and as we have said that team is not exactly littered with quality. I dont doubt that Hughton is a good manager but has he really be under much pressure? Had a newcastle team full of Premiership players and a soon to be £36mil striker, got sacked while doing ok, and didnt even get promoted with a strong blues team.

I think it's clear he's doing his impression of an elephant.

No, sir, he is clearly a little teapot.

Ah you might be onto something there chap. I can definitely see his handle... and his spout :oops:

Norwich will do well to stay up next year, 2nd season syndrome, a new manager, there will be a lot of changes and as we have said that team is not exactly littered with quality. I dont doubt that Hughton is a good manager but has he really be under much pressure? Had a newcastle team full of Premiership players and a soon to be £36mil striker, got sacked while doing ok, and didnt even get promoted with a strong blues team.

Strong Blues team, that is a contradiction in itself surely :) . Have to say I thought Hughton did very well to get that rabble to the play offs

Sportinglife papertalk section says Cowans has moved to control of the youth team

Anyone know if this is true ?

Mentioned in the Sunday Mirror (not the best source) that he's taking control of youth and reserve sides. An unnamed quote saying it's key to our future bringing young players into the first team.

If we've got all these for free then I will laugh. Up yours McNally. I had a lot of time for Norwich beforehand as I thought their fans were more humble than your average PL fan, but their last few years have really gone to their heads it seems.

Welcome Culverhouse and Karsa.

What, our success has gone to our heads because we don't think we should just roll over and let an (admittedly slightly bigger) club who we finished above last season poach all of our management team for no compensation?

You guys would have reacted exactly the same if the boot was on the other foot and I have no doubt you will do when lambert walks out on you at some point in the future.

Thanks for underlining his point.

Slightly bigger club? Pur-leese.

As for your second paragraph, wishing it won't make it so. Unfortunately.

It's a numbers game, there are probably only about 5 genuinely bigger jobs than the Villa one in this country (admittedly a few are about par). Unlike Norwich, where there are probably about 20-25 odd clubs with better resources, infrastructure and fanbases.

The last manager to leave us and go on to better things was Graham Taylor way back in 1990. Since then, names like BFR, O'Leary and O'Neill - all of whom were/are big names in the game and arrived with decent reputations- found their career heading in a downward trajectory on leaving VP. Two of those three were a long, long way from failures during their time here too. It's just they didn't do anywhere near enough to land one of the few jobs bigger in this country than the Villa one.*

Maybe Lambert will buck the trend in that regard. But I can't honestly see him being considered by the likes of Man U, Arsenal and co anytime soon. If he does though, it will mean he's done an incredible job here so -unlike you bitter lot- I think most of us would acknowledge that and wish him well.

*BFR had already managed Man U, of course.

Â