General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

What is it with the media hate for Villa seriously

Whenever Dempsey to villa is mentioned on Talksport or any other station they say it with such hate as if he's not allowed to come to Villa they are all saying he's going to Sunderland instead

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm anyone else think this morning has made us look a bit small-time.

Why put in an offer for a player without sounding out if he was interested in us.

I fear it was an Ellis style ploy sadly.

We bid in good faith ..Fulham has obviously leaked it to give Liverpool the hurry up.Transfer seems a bit ''Barry'' like ,Liverpool make poor bid, then try to part ex players they don't want.Player goes public with desire to leave and still no deal done.

If Chelsea sign the kid from Bayen L today then it looks like Sturrige would be available on a year loan. Liverpool interested but would also love to see us go head to head with them on this one as I think we would have more chance than the Dempsey situation. Also think Chelsea would rather loan him to us than potential rivals

If Liverpool don't come in maybe we could launch a very late bid as he may panic being as he looks pretty finished at Fulham. Can't see him fancying a season in the reserves.

Not the best circumstances to sign a player on but hey I'd take anything now.

Probably old now but

Eurobot: Sky Sports News are reporting that Aston Villa have ended their interest in Clint Dempsey after the player told them that he wants to sign Liverpool.

Rory-Delap.jpg

Maybe a little harsh :P

Dempsey got his head in the clouds.

Of course, it could mean that Lamberts shown his hand early on and there is a few quid to chuck around. Genk will probably up the ante for Benteke again just to make matters worse.

Still 11 1/2 hours to go. Maybe we are confident of agreeing a deal for Benteke now.

Really hope we do see some more deals come in though as the likes of Bowery and Stephens are now experienced enough to be thrown into our current predicament of being shit.

Teams light years ahead

Man City, Man United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea.

Teams miles ahead

Newcastle, Everton, Stoke, West Brom, Fulham, Sunderland, Liverpool.

Teams pulling away very quickly

QPR, Swansea, West Ham, Reading (backed with money)

Teams at our level

Wigan, Reading, Southampton

We are in a lot of trouble.

Smoke and mirrors

Bid for players we haven't a chance of signing to make us appear ambitious while we sneak in the likes of Bowery and Stephens in through the fire exit?

Conspiracy theorists are rife i see