General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£7m bid accepted.......I'm shocked

@iantaylor7 just confirmed it via twitter. Then again, maybe he just read it in the mail like the rest of us (not that I'm claiming anyone on here is a mail reader of course)

Pete Colley‏@petecolley

Paul Lambert denies any interest in Clinton Dempsey...........

If i had a bid accepted for an in demand player, i wouldnt let the whole country (including opposing clubs) know about it!

From the Daily Mail

"10.08: Regarding the Clint Dempsey to Aston Villa move: The deal was agreed last night. Around the £7m mark, but cash only - no add-ons or swap deal - as in Liverpool and Jordan Henderson. Over to you, Brendan Rodgers!"

Excellent business by Lerner and Lambert, sign a bunch of kids and purposely lose the first two games to make everybody doubt us, and then at 10am on deadline day bid for Dempsey with the likes of Sunderland in talks with Tottenham over Jermaine Jenas because they've done their budget :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah **** we can hope. Fernando Llorente next yeah.

on SSN "Sunderland are eyeing a double swoop on Tottenham, having agreed a loan for Danny Rose they are also in talks over a permanent deal for Jermaine Jenas."

Wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo thats more like it MON!!!!

Can't help but feel this Dempsey bid is just for the club to say 'well look we tried' They know that if Liverpool come in for him we'll stand no chance.

We'll end up with this Bowery lad and that'll be our lot lol.

I hope this is the start.. I don't think we'll get Dempsey but the fact we have put a bid in (£7m) apparently bodes well for the rest of the 12 hours remaining.

Yes or Deadly Doug could be teaching Lerner some of his old tricks.