General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa boss Paul Lambert has confirmed that a deal for Chesterfield striker Jordan Bowery is "nearly done", with the 21-year-old set to complete a £500,000 move plus add-ons. Lambert said: "He has signed, just about." I'm assuming that means he's written his first name and is just taking a coffee break before adding his second.

Lambert seems pretty chuffed with the player, though. "It (the signing) might have surprised a few people but it is a great opportunity for him. He is one for the future, but if he steps up to the plate I have no fear about playing him."

Any reason why we didn't go for Rhodes? Surely he fits the profile of player we're going for?

£8million, that's why.

Bit disingenuous that figure. The actual transfer fee was probably closer to 4m, the rest included add ons presumably based on appearances and wages I'd imagine.

In terms of profile I'd say he was what we were after: young, has a proven record at a lower level, hungry to prove himself at the top (well, mid-table) and not too expensive.

Just passing on my snippet of info.

This morning my mate that works at villa has been told to expect 5 new arrivals, and that the chestefield kid had signed.

Thought it was rubbish, but after all this movement this morning I'm trying to keep the faith!!!

What is it with the media hate for Villa seriously

Whenever Dempsey to villa is mentioned on Talksport or any other station they say it with such hate as if he's not allowed to come to Villa they are all saying he's going to Sunderland instead

What is it with the media hate for Villa seriously

Whenever Dempsey to villa is mentioned on Talksport or any other station they say it with such hate as if he's not allowed to come to Villa they are all saying he's going to Sunderland instead