General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Of course we have money.

Lerner is rich, he has just gained $1 billion and our wage bill is at a fairly low level.

For what ever reason, we are not prepared to spend a decent amount of money on improving an incredibly weak squad.

Lerner might be rich but the club isnt. He doesnt have to spend millions of his own money just so he can please some gobshite on the internet. The money he got from the Browns is his money not Villa's money.

The sense of entitlement among people here is amazing.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Dempsey bid, shows we have money.. Why not just go out and put in a bid for Zarate??

Because we are talking about millions of pounds going out of a business which is still trying to balance out its finances.

Its not a kiddies game where you just lob around millions of pounds and get players. Unless you are martin o`neill.

The way I see it ...

We may have bid for Dempsey, but my head tells me we've just agreed with them to say we did to benefit both parties. From our side it tells Genk we're looking elsewhere, from Fulham's side it tells Liverpool to hurry the **** up

Either way we've been left looking daft if the player's leaked he isnt interested as Genk will no doubt have rumbled us too

We've signed a very young and very unproven lad with no record of being a future star. He may well come good, he may not. Just wish him well as the shitstorm thats going to hit the club after 11pm tonight could be MASSIVE

We'll probably sign this lad Stephens too, and he's mooted to be a good prospect. But he'll just be joining a squad full of other prospects when we're severely lacking in leaders with experience

I seriously believe (and its only my opinion) that Randy & Faulkner had no intention of strengthening the squad until the Everton loss. I believe they've wasted all summer twiddling their thumbs hoping we'd be ok and now are left frantically running around like a pair of prize clearings in the woods on deadline day when in reality they could've been sitting with their feet up if they'd done their jobs this summer

Pair of words removed.

Of course we have money.

Lerner is rich, he has just gained $1 billion and our wage bill is at a fairly low level.

For what ever reason, we are not prepared to spend a decent amount of money on improving an incredibly weak squad.

Lerner might be rich but the club isnt. He doesnt have to spend millions of his own money just so he can please some gobshite on the internet. The money he got from the Browns is his money not Villa's money.

I bet you were dead against the £ sign protest to doug weren't you.

I think the pathetic acceptance is more amazing than people who want to see their team as more than just one that fights relegation.

Of course we have money.

There is an NFL meeiting in October that has to accept the proposed takeover so he hasnt got it yet. He will get £700m if its accepted (it is expected to be approved) and he gets another £300m further down the line.

I doubt wether any of the proceeds will go anywhere near Aston Villa and I thinki its more to cover the huge losses he incurred with his BOA shares.

Of course we have money.

THIS!

Lerner has done more than enough for this club with the hundereds of millions he has put into the club, some people are really ungreatful. Why dont you spunk all of your money over and over again and get no results, a bt of perspective jesus.

My god.

We have to be grateful for what Lerner has done?

For what? Running the clubs finances in an appalling manner? Hiring Mcleish? Seeing us drop down the league?

He's spent some money. That's what football owners are meant to do. If he wasn't prepared to do that then he shouldn't have purchased the club.

I believe we are in for a...well for us "big name" striker, but we want to make sure we get the best deal for our money. What i dont understand is why we dont seem to go for one player but seem to be "covering our bases" bidding for multiple players in the same position at once... Surely one of the strikers is the one PL think is the better option?

Hopefully we will see a link for a bad ass fighting midfielder also...please...

When it comes to players like Bowery and such, well we have been complaining about the size of our squad for some years, he is a player capable to do a job when needed and also with potential.

Lerner has done more than enough for this club

Yeah the hiring of McLeish was great, nearly got us relegated.

but at least he had the balls to admit his mistake and take action, bringing in the fans favourite in to replace him.

The finances were ****, really ****, so he has to put a stop to it. a couplöe more years and he will try it again, if he doesnt thats when ill get annoyed, but it takes time!

Lerner still has a hell of alot to do to get the fans back on side

He's started to build the bridges by appointing a decent manager like Lambert but he's gambling with our PL status at the minute by not backing the manager