General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Nowadays, we pray for an Nzonzi or an Adam. We used to crave a whole different sort of player. I don't know whether it's been done on purpose, but the club have been brilliant about getting the expectations lowered. Anything better than finishing in the bottom three is fantastic at the moment. No wonder Gazton's done a bit of a Strauss and retired from football!! We could really do with a boost today.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benyaoun , I see his name and cant help thinking Nzogbia

Always liked Benyaoun, won't set the world on fire, but he makes things happen and like Osman at Everton is low profile but always has energy and contributes positively. Would make a very decent squad player at the very least when we are bemoaning our lack of depth?

14 hours left. All in all very concerned we have added no DCM, no midfield creativity and not strengthened the attack. & yes here we are on the final day scrapping it out with the west hams, QPRs and Stokes of this world.

14 hours left. All in all very concerned we have added no DCM, no midfield creativity and not strengthened the attack. & yes here we are on the final day scrapping it out with the west hams, QPRs and Stokes of this world.

Cant expect to be anywhere else right now, we are where we deserve to be. Our stock is at an all time low, but it will rise again

Re West Ham, Stoke and QPR - we need to put the ego back in the box, take a look at the table over the past two seasons, it has a habit of not lying - this is our level nowadays unless Randy sells to the Quataries. We need two solid seasons of steady growth and a change in playing style. Take a positive from Swansea and Norwich, not many big names there, but they have raised a few eyebrows with unfashionable names and hard work.

Solid mid table would be more than acceptable this season. Oh, and finishing above Sunderland too.

Benayoun would offer both creativity and strengthen the attack, I think he'd be a great loan addition. Bowery should be done today with hopefully Benteke as well, which would really change our attacking options.

I think we'll leave the defence as it is now - at CB we've got 4 who can play, we may as well let Dunne's contract play out rather than fanny around signing somebody else now, or just let him go in Jan and get someone else in.

We're left with getting in a DCM to appease you CI. I'd like to see one come in too, mind.

Nowadays, we pray for an Nzonzi or an Adam. We used to crave a whole different sort of player. I don't know whether it's been done on purpose, but the club have been brilliant about getting the expectations lowered. Anything better than finishing in the bottom three is fantastic at the moment. No wonder Gazton's done a bit of a Strauss and retired from football!! We could really do with a boost today.

To be honest I think that level of acceptance and lowered expectations is mainly on here.

I don't get the same impression at villa park.

It's not hat we're 3 levels behind QPR just as we weren't 3 levels behind City when they started spunking cash like the world was about to end. But in this world money translates to ambition. Club's lik QPR can talk about ambition whilst offering decent players very good wages, and the players can talk about joining for ambition safe in the knowledge their bank account is about to look an aweful lot healthier.

But there's no chance they're complying with the UEFA FFP regs, so it's a bit of a gamble these days if you ask me. It's yet to be seen if UEFA will have the balls to implement the regs properly, but if they do where would that leave QPR?

Well if we go down, we go down. It won't be Lambert's fault. The board dictate his budget and financial strategy and he has to work within that.

I think most fans realise this.

And if the atmosphere at the everton game is anything to go by i don't think it will take long for the fans to turn on lerner this season.

Not sure in Lambert's case this is correct. I don't think Lerner or the board were in the position to dictate anything to Lambert. They had to put forward a package to entice Lambert to us so if anything, it could have been the opposite with Lambert insisting on certain conditions before leaving Norwich for us. Those conditions which will hopefully come to fruition before the close of the window today?

Well if we go down, we go down. It won't be Lambert's fault. The board dictate his budget and financial strategy and he has to work within that.

I think most fans realise this.

And if the atmosphere at the everton game is anything to go by i don't think it will take long for the fans to turn on lerner this season.

Edit

NRC? Are we REALLY that desperate?

Yes we are, and yes I would prefer De Jong, but we need a stronger squad and he would only cost us in wages as a free agent - what if Herd gets injured or struggles with consistency - we have a team of kids who will be world beaters one week and pub players the next. I was all for moving NRC on, especially with his (agent driven) wage demands, but he always put in a shift even though he had his limits - I'd rather him take a shirt than CNZ, you'd get a better return over a season of that I'm sure.