General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i lied about ramis, get over it. I did not lie about a call to flores sanchez, i was sat in the room. 8-10mill plus half player sales. Hope this still isnt the case as gabby and dunne are injured and makoun is in no mans land, so sales wont be as anticipated.

Really, you were in the room?

So Paul Faulkner says to QSF representatives that he can have between £8m and £10m plus 1/2 player sales?

Between £8m and £10m? Not £8m or £10m but somewhere in between. Brilliant. You would think that the CEO of a big football club would be able to give more definitive figures than this. No wonder he didn't want to come to the club.

Did Faulkner also say he could have a 2-4 year contract on £10k-£40k per week?

Your car will be between an Audi A7 and a Rolls Royce Phantom, we can provide a house between Cheshire and Oxford and if you like I can give you the number of a lady between Sue Barker and Gabby Logan, who you can take to dinner between Knightsbridge and Westminster, plus what you make on sandwiches.

Richard has inside info so maybe has a reason not to be negative

No he doesn't, nobody does. Same as all the ITK on Twitter too, full of rubbish.

So because theres a lot of bullshit on Twitter, everybody who claims to know something is bullshitting?

Not so I'm affraid. Getting info out of Villa is extremely difficult but not impossible.

And Richard is genuine. As are a select few others.

If you dont think so it's your problem.

Easy then, 'there will be movement towards the end of the week'

I'm genuine, well about as genuine as someone with no track record apart from stating the obvious.

:lol:

Yes, thats exactly the same as somebody who has given specific information that has proven to be correct. Nice one.

What specific information, show me where Richard has said we will sign 'player name' their actual name?

Its never that, its always vague nonsense like on Twitter; movement this week, welcome Bob oh thats the next player we sign's nickname etc etc, nonsense.

If your gullible enough to believe it, more fool you.

Richard has inside info so maybe has a reason not to be negative

No he doesn't, nobody does. Same as all the ITK on Twitter too, full of rubbish.

So because theres a lot of bullshit on Twitter, everybody who claims to know something is bullshitting?

Not so I'm affraid. Getting info out of Villa is extremely difficult but not impossible.

And Richard is genuine. As are a select few others.

If you dont think so it's your problem.

Easy then, 'there will be movement towards the end of the week'

I'm genuine, well about as genuine as someone with no track record apart from stating the obvious.

:lol:

Yes, thats exactly the same as somebody who has given specific information that has proven to be correct. Nice one.

It's ok Mazrim, he probably just wants some attention.

Do you want some attention sweetie!? come on you can be the ITK if you want.

Dont know what your problem is mate - but just cool it on trying to have a pop at Richard, that kind of behaviour has gotten rid of everyone who knew anything and Richard is all we have left.

If was actually on the inside of the club, and found out someone I knew was passing over information as ITK, I'd actually feed them all amounts of unimaginable bull, just to see how long they'd keep passing it on.

i lied about ramis, get over it. I did not lie about a call to flores sanchez, i was sat in the room. 8-10mill plus half player sales. Hope this still isnt the case as gabby and dunne are injured and makoun is in no mans land, so sales wont be as anticipated.

So Paul Faulkner says to QSF representatives that he can have between £8m and £10m plus 1/2 player sales?

Between £8m and £10m? Not £8m or £10m but somewhere in between. Brilliant. You would think that the CEO of a big football club would be able to give more definitive figures than this. No wonder he didn't want to come to the club.

Your car will be between an Audi A7 and a Rolls Royce Phantom, we can provide a house between Cheshire and Oxford and if you like I can give you the number of a lady between Sue Barker and Gabby Logan, who you can take to dinner between Knightsbridge and Westminster, plus what you make on sandwiches.

:|

Seems perfectly reasonable to me that a manager could be offered an 8-10mil transfer fund... Not saying it's true either way but, come on.

PS, this is the same 'CEO of a big football club' that has completely botched every appointment he's made, until the Villa fans virtually demanded Lambert on the final day of last season. Fair play to him getting it right this time, but Faulkner is hardly a pillar of footballing wisdom.

quote]

I'm not really sure of your discussion here...why would the ceo give an exact amount? Transfers don't just involve the fee, they include stuff like signing on fees, agent fees, wages etc. As such I think it would be pretty impossible to be exact. So for expamle (all hypothetical opbviiously), if a transfer budget was set at £8m and the fee had been agreed at £7.5m, but the players agent wanted a cut of 7.5%, plus the player wanted a signing on fee of 4%, thus putting the deal over the £8m would the deal be pulled? Unlikely, therefore by giving a transfer bracket ie budget of £8m-10m, in my eyes is fairly reasonable.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me that a manager could be offered an 8-10mil transfer fund... Not saying it's true either way but, come on.

PS, this is the same 'CEO of a big football club' that has completely botched every appointment he's made, until the Villa fans virtually demanded Lambert on the final day of last season. Fair play to him getting it right this time, but Faulkner is hardly a pillar of footballing wisdom.

Right... erm, whats that got to do with me taking the piss out of Villaonsea and his bullshitting?

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

#MCFC interest in #SCFC Swansea's Scott Sinclair growing. Mancini wants to replace Adam Johnson. Doesn't rate his discipline on or off pitch

I know it hasn't got anything to do with Villa, but it seems like alot of people want AJ. So Mancini is getting rid of Johnson over Tevez and Balotelli. His discipline must be bad.

Right... erm, whats that got to do with me taking the piss out of Villaonsea and his bullshitting?

It's a fairly straightforward logical step. You accuse him of bullshitting on the grounds that you think an 8-10mil offer is too vague (with the aid of some truly great gags, I might add). I disagree - it's perfectly realistic.

My more general point about Faulkner is that nothing would really surprise me about the way he went about running AVFC, given his previous record.

I'm not arguing about the feasibility of the transfer kitty. Although I doubt its is that amount. Or that it was vague (although that was an opportunity for a good pisstake) but that Villaonsea was in any room where it was being discussed in any official capacity.