General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

So signing anyone means we have to be happy and praise Lerner?

If we sign 3 players next week from non league football then Lerner has still backed the manager but would anyone be impressed or pleased?

In an attempt to make your point you've compared signing 3 non-league players with signing a 50-odd cap Aussie international and Aussie player of the year from one of the Netherlands' bigger clubs. And, by the by, one of; if not our best player in pre-season. Lerner backed his manager in buying a fairly good player, not a nobody. A player who might become key for us. Of course you can question Lerner. We've already established that no matter what the hell he does, there will be people in here who will question him. I'm just saying that those questions, at some point, will fall on deaf ears because whatever credibility is there will be long gone. Can Lerner do more? Of course he can. Until he signs Messi technically he can always 'do more'. But is Holman, Vlaar, KEA and a promising youngster the kind of signing we at Villa should be seeing at this stage? Yes I think it is, and for that I think Lerner is backing his manager. If we were habitually signing non-league players then no I don't think that would be the case.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard has inside info so maybe has a reason not to be negative

No he doesn't, nobody does. Same as all the ITK on Twitter too, full of rubbish.

So because theres a lot of bullshit on Twitter, everybody who claims to know something is bullshitting?

Not so I'm affraid. Getting info out of Villa is extremely difficult but not impossible.

And Richard is genuine. As are a select few others.

If you dont think so it's your problem.

If we sign 3 players next week from non league football then Lerner has still backed the manager but would anyone be impressed or pleased?

In an attempt to make your point you've compared signing 3 non-league players with signing a 50-odd cap Aussie international and Aussie player of the year from one of the Netherlands' bigger clubs. And, by the by, one of; if not our best player in pre-season. Lerner backed his manager in buying a fairly good player, not a nobody. A player who might become key for us. Of course you can question Lerner. We've already established that no matter what the hell he does, there will be people in here who will question him. I'm just saying that those questions, at some point, will fall on deaf ears because whatever credibility is there will be long gone. Can Lerner do more? Of course he can. Until he signs Messi technically he can always 'do more'. But is Holman, Vlaar, KEA and a promising youngster the kind of signing we at Villa should be seeing at this stage? Yes I think it is, and for that I think Lerner is backing his manager. If we were habitually signing non-league players then no I don't think that would be the case.

14817_thisthis.jpg

When people question Lerner backing the manager i don't think anyone literally means not signing a single player. But there are always levels of backing and I think it's perfectly acceptable to question the level of backing lambert is being given and how this relates to the plan Lerner has for us.

We shouldn't praise Lerner yet not, but then we also shouldn't criticize him either for not backing the manager.

I've not seen Lowton, KEA or Vlaar play, but just because they didn't cost a combined amount of £20 million + like in the past, it doesn't mean that they won't be better players for us than Warnock, Cueller and NRC.

i lied about ramis, get over it. I did not lie about a call to flores sanchez, i was sat in the room. 8-10mill plus half player sales. Hope this still isnt the case as gabby and dunne are injured and makoun is in no mans land, so sales wont be as anticipated.

Really, you were in the room?

So Paul Faulkner says to QSF representatives that he can have between £8m and £10m plus 1/2 player sales?

Between £8m and £10m? Not £8m or £10m but somewhere in between. Brilliant. You would think that the CEO of a big football club would be able to give more definitive figures than this. No wonder he didn't want to come to the club.

Did Faulkner also say he could have a 2-4 year contract on £10k-£40k per week?

Vlaar wasnt even 4m mate. bargain bucket right there.
Are you criticising the money or the player there? Stating 'bargain bucket' suggests you are doing one or both.

I know the season is almost on us but people need to take a Valium and not be so tetchy

My point about disruption is, we have a group of players who have now played 6 or 7 games together and bedding down together

To add someone in now could be counter productive

Maybe lambert wants to go as we are and review in Jan ?

No he doesn't, nobody does. Same as all the ITK on Twitter too, full of rubbish.

So because theres a lot of bullshit on Twitter, everybody who claims to know something is bullshitting?

Not so I'm affraid. Getting info out of Villa is extremely difficult but not impossible.

Easy then, 'there will be movement towards the end of the week'

I'm genuine, well about as genuine as someone with no track record apart from stating the obvious.

:lol:

Easy then, 'there will be movement towards the end of the week'

I'm genuine, well about as genuine as someone with no track record apart from stating the obvious.

:lol:

Yes, thats exactly the same as somebody who has given specific information that has proven to be correct. Nice one.

In an attempt to make your point you've compared signing 3 non-league players with signing a 50-odd cap Aussie international and Aussie player of the year from one of the Netherlands' bigger clubs. And, by the by, one of; if not our best player in pre-season. Lerner backed his manager in buying a fairly good player, not a nobody. A player who might become key for us.

And this was a Pre contract agreement signed last January. So while we were in real danger of going down last season the level of backing Lerner gave the manager during January was this. Now you seem to suggest that signing a player is backing and therefore we should all be happy.

We've already established that no matter what the hell he does, there will be people in here who will question him. I'm just saying that those questions, at some point, will fall on deaf ears because whatever credibility is there will be long gone.

And on the flip side after the last two seasons some still can't criticise the owner.

But is Holman, Vlaar, KEA and a promising youngster the kind of signing we at Villa should be seeing at this stage? Yes I think it is, and for that I think Lerner is backing his manager.

Agreed, exact kind of signings I want to see. But we'll have to see if that continues towards the end of the window. For the record I'm not saying that it won't.

I think it's fine people want to just wait and have faith, I was exactly the same during the window when MoN was here, but I also think its fine for people to be feeling negative and unsure right now.