General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I will be very surprised if we have anyone in before Sat

That's why I specifically asked about the window closing as opposed to Saturday's first game. I don't know why someone would honestly think there won't be a single player transaction before the window closes. If nothing else, leaving Warnock at home tells me Lambert is looking for a left back. With Gabby out we're looking at strikers. In the meantime we have to listen to baseless negativity in what has been a fairly decent summer all things considered. I only hope the climbdown is as vocal as the negativity that preceded it.

I m just saying what I think. I don't think we will sign anyone before sat. I am sure 99% of would like us to - as fans we always want more.

Thats not being negative - I am still delighted to have Lambo with us - and lets be honest his appeal was the job he done at Norwich with limited funds. Not seen any of his signings yet - but on the face of it - and from what people have said he seems to have done well for the outlay.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard has inside info so maybe has a reason not to be negative

The rest of us will just have to wait and see. And so far it's all waiting and no seeing

I bet you were the sort of kid that peeked at his Christmas presents too weren't you?

Jeez. The transfer window closes in 2 1/2 weeks time. If the squad is the same at that point bitch away and in fact, I'll join you but until such point please refrain from bringing the rest of us down with you.

McLeish signed Holman :lol:

Lambert joined Villa on 2nd June.

Holman joined Villa on 1st July.

Lambert signed Holman. If he didn't want him he had a month to say so. :thumb:

Holman started work here after Lambert.

The deal was already done by then, wasn't it?

haha huge debate going on here... However im more to the negative side i would have to admit. i am worried about going into saturday with the likes of Stevens or Delph at left back considering Clark could be partnering Vlaar and Warnocks been left out in the cold.

I think it will more than likely be Lichaj at LB with Lowton at RB. I am comfortable with that. Also ok with Delph filling in as an emergency.

Idk why but i cant see him starting Lichaj at LB idk why. However he is basically our only good option. Enda could be given a chance but idk if hes ready just yet + delph played there before and his positioning wasn't the greatest.

I will be very surprised if we have anyone in before Sat

That's why I specifically asked about the window closing as opposed to Saturday's first game. I don't know why someone would honestly think there won't be a single player transaction before the window closes. If nothing else, leaving Warnock at home tells me Lambert is looking for a left back. With Gabby out we're looking at strikers. In the meantime we have to listen to baseless negativity in what has been a fairly decent summer all things considered. I only hope the climbdown is as vocal as the negativity that preceded it.

I m just saying what I think. I don't think we will sign anyone before sat. I am sure 99% of would like us to - as fans we always want more.

Thats not being negative - I am still delighted to have Lambo with us - and lets be honest his appeal was the job he done at Norwich with limited funds. Not seen any of his signings yet - but on the face of it - and from what people have said he seems to have done well for the outlay.

I'm not on about Saturday and neither was CI

haha huge debate going on here... However im more to the negative side i would have to admit. i am worried about going into saturday with the likes of Stevens or Delph at left back considering Clark could be partnering Vlaar and Warnocks been left out in the cold.

I think it will more than likely be Lichaj at LB with Lowton at RB. I am comfortable with that. Also ok with Delph filling in as an emergency.

Idk why but i cant see him starting Lichaj at LB idk why. .

He played at Leeds mainly in that position and the Leeds fans wanted him back. And he plays there internationally too.

i lied about ramis, get over it. I did not lie about a call to flores sanchez, i was sat in the room. 8-10mill plus half player sales. Hope this still isnt the case as gabby and dunne are injured and makoun is in no mans land, so sales wont be as anticipated.

Idk why but i cant see him starting Lichaj at LB idk why. .

He played at Leeds mainly in that position and the Leeds fans wanted him back. And he plays there internationally too.

Ooohh well you learn something new every day... id be happy enough with lichaj however getting another LB in is a must before the deadline.

i lied about ramis, get over it. I did not lie about a call to flores sanchez, i was sat in the room. 8-10mill plus half player sales. Hope this still isnt the case as gabby and dunne are injured and makoun is in no mans land, so sales wont be as anticipated.

No one will believes you beacuse you lied. Whats to stop you lieing again?

cry_wolf3.jpg

Don't know about the ITK element. But the figures hold up. I thought we would sell a 'big' players to raise funds - for whatever reason that hasn't happened - If\when this happens we will be in the market again.

Apologies for the bold text. It just seemed like what I was typing wasn't actually being read :?

people see what they want to see, in the same way everyone ignored the IF in lamberts interview a couple of pages back and went into instant panic mode.

personally i think we will see a couple of more arrivals before the end of the window, maybe not of the size we have been hoping, but this was always going to be a transitional period. Hopefully the players we have and will get over the summer will keep us safe until the next window.

Not Exactly - he aggreed a pre-contract and signed well before Lambert came in - Villa had committed so there was probably no getting out so Lambert would be stuck with Holman either way
That's immaterial. The discussion is over Lerner backing his manager. Holman was Lerner backing his manager in the summer of 2012. The fact it was the previous manager changes nothing. Holman, along with KEA, Lowton & Vlaar is an example of Lerner backing his manager.

So signing anyone means we have to be happy and praise Lerner?

If we sign 3 players next week from non league football then Lerner has still backed the manager but would anyone be impressed or pleased?

When people question Lerner backing the manager i don't think anyone literally means not signing a single player. But there are always levels of backing and I think it's perfectly acceptable to question the level of backing lambert is being given and how this relates to the plan Lerner has for us.

I still think its wrong that McLeish has spent more than Lambert so far.

We sold nearly £40million worth of players last summer and McLeash only got about £15m of that.

This summer Lerner has spent more than last summer.

KEA-2m

Vlaar-4-6m??

Lowton-3m

Vlaar wasnt even 4m mate. bargain bucket right there.