General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the manager being backed and then some?

He has been hasn't he?

Holman, KEA, Lowton, Vlaar and Guzan all in.

Do you seriously call that being backed and then some ? :lol:

He's only got those in as we've got rid of Heskey, Cuellar, Collins, Beye off the wage bill

I think we've spent about 5m net tops so far. Unbelievable after the horseshit Faulkner fed about the club learning from their mistakes and knowing what they had to do this summer.

This side has nearly been relegated in the last two seasons. Yet we're still not trying to replace the quality that Randy sold off.

The fact the club are still ringing around asking folks if they're renewing worries me too. Doesn't sound like all is well does it

Roll on Saturday

He has been hasn't he?

He's only got those in as we've got rid of Heskey, Cuellar, Collins, Beye off the wage bill

I think we've spent about 5m net tops so far. Unbelievable after the horseshit Faulkner fed about the club learning from their mistakes and knowing what they had to do this summer.

This side has nearly been relegated in the last two seasons. Yet we're still not trying to replace the quality that Randy sold off.

The fact the club are still ringing around asking folks if they're renewing worries me too. Doesn't sound like all is well does it

Roll on Saturday

Totally agree with this. Lot of PR bull earlier to get people to renew season tickets. I know the window isn't closed but they have hardly got the pulses racing with the ambition shown so far.

Is that not standard business practice, though? Do you really expect the club to sit around and say, "Oh, well they will come if they want, we will not bother soliciting the tickets to them at all."

He has been hasn't he?

Roll on Saturday

1) He's got rif off crap deadwood. Positive.

2) Amount of money is spent it irrelevant. Its what he does with what he CAN spend that matters. Exhibit A - David Moyes at Everton manages to perform consistently on **** all money.

3) The clubs top players were sold predominantly because they wanted to go. Not one was sold against their will. The club made an operating loss of what £54m? That is not sustainable and nor should it be. I would also hazard a guess that poor managers and injuries are more responsible for the relegation battle than the loss of Milner/Young and Downing.

4) A business trying to maximise sales of its product? Christ you're right, we're ****. The end is nigh. :bonk:

I get frustrated when people trot this line out.

Aston Villa, as well as being a football club, is also a business.

They have a sales department, whose staff are no doubt paid a commission or bonus on the number of Season tickets that they sell. The fact they are ringing round is to try and maximise revenue from the sale of these tickets. Any business that didn't do the same would be foolish.

It is not a sign of anything other than a business with a sales department operating as they should.

Good lord was I ever this negative?

Lambert has said if he doesn't get anyone in by Saturday he will be happy to go with what he has for that game. In fairness what do you expect him to say ? "if I dont get anybody by Saturday I am bricking it as this lot are shite" ?

That does not mean we have completed our transfer dealings. I know it was felt that only MON left it to the end of a transfer window but reality does not support that statement.

So we're not counting examples where the chairman backed the manager, because that was a different manager? Shouldn't Holman be another example that Lerner has started to loosen the strings again? Holman may not be a Lambert signing, but in a discussion about Lerner spending a few quid, Holman is still a signing that Aston Villa has completed in the 2012 summer window.

Totally agree with this. Lot of PR bull earlier to get people to renew season tickets. I know the window isn't closed but they have hardly got the pulses racing with the ambition shown so far.

Can you name a club that we will compete with that has got "pulses racing" with their ambition in the market this summer?

Is that not standard business practice, though? Do you really expect the club to sit around and say, "Oh, well they will come if they want, we will not bother soliciting the tickets to them at all."

They're rung me at least 6 times now. Someone claimed we'd sold 25k not long ago, dream on

The only way they'll shift tickets is by showing some ambition. Getting a new manager is one thing, but if you don't give him the tools to do his job there's not much point

I think a lot of supporters have simply just heard it all before, and have finally decided to sit back and say 'impress me'. My money is hard earned, show me why i should put it in your pocket Randy

We don't have millions, or even billions of inheritance to make up for another season of football depression sadly

They have a sales department, whose staff are no doubt paid a commission or bonus on the number of Season tickets that they sell. The fact they are ringing round is to try and maximise revenue from the sale of these tickets. Any business that didn't do the same would be foolish.

It is not a sign of anything other than a business with a sales department operating as they should.

You are correct it is a business. If you went to a restaurant that advertised itself as world class food and paid a premium price for your meal only to be served a load of crap would you not complain about it pointing out what they originally advertised?

They're rung me at least 6 times now. Someone claimed we'd sold 25k not long ago, dream on

The only way they'll shift tickets is by showing some ambition. Getting a new manager is one thing, but if you don't give him the tools to do his job there's not much point

I think a lot of supporters have simply just heard it all before, and have finally decided to sit back and say 'impress me'. My money is hard earned, show me why i should put it in your pocket Randy

We don't have millions, or even billions of inheritance to make up for another season of football depression sadly

Are you insinuating the reason that we definitely have not sold 25k season tickets is because you have not renewed?

Good lord was I ever this negative?

Lambert has said if he doesn't get anyone in by Saturday he will be happy to go with what he has for that game. In fairness what do you expect him to say ? "if I dont get anybody by Saturday I am bricking it as this lot are shite" ?

That does not mean we have completed our transfer dealings. I know it was felt that only MON left it to the end of a transfer window but reality does not support that statement.

Well yeah you were a bit... but I like new Richard so please don't change. You also have the best Avatar on the forum. and you smell nice. :mrgreen:

You are correct it is a business. If you went to a restaurant that advertised itself as world class food and paid a premium price for your meal only to be served a load of crap would you not complain about it pointing out what they originally advertised?

Where did Villa say this?

I believe our season tickets are one of the lowest in the Premier League are they not?

Can't count Holman because he was brought in by the last manager..We still have money to spend, it will just be whether we can spend it on deadline day, or do we have to wait till January, Maybe Lambert is saving some of the money for the next transfer window.

If we have money to spend and no one knows either way why wait until January? We need players now and if we don't purchase now then our targets might cost more in January due to the January inflated prices.