General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

The fact the club are still ringing around asking folks if they're renewing worries me too. Doesn't sound like all is well does it

Is that not standard business practice, though? Do you really expect the club to sit around and say, "Oh, well they will come if they want, we will not bother soliciting the tickets to them at all."

They're rung me at least 6 times now. Someone claimed we'd sold 25k not long ago, dream on

The only way they'll shift tickets is by showing some ambition. Getting a new manager is one thing, but if you don't give him the tools to do his job there's not much point

I think a lot of supporters have simply just heard it all before, and have finally decided to sit back and say 'impress me'. My money is hard earned, show me why i should put it in your pocket Randy

We don't have millions, or even billions of inheritance to make up for another season of football depression sadly

Ahem.... the manager should have the tools to do his job.... he has the management skills required to get the best performance out of his team.

Recruitment is a part of that process but not the only part. If I were to get the Barca managers job I guarantee you they would not be winning La Liga this year.

Not sure how relevant how Randy came by his money is to your decision not to renew your ST. (Plus if you go to more than 10 home games you will be putting more money into "Rany's pocket" than you would have by buying a ST.

ALSO the "Randy's pocket" think is a bit of a myth since the Operational Losses sustained by Villa come directly OUT of Randy's pocket.....

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard has inside info so maybe has a reason not to be negative

The rest of us will just have to wait and see. And so far it's all waiting and no seeing

I bet you were the sort of kid that peeked at his Christmas presents too weren't you?

Jeez. The transfer window closes in 2 1/2 weeks time. If the squad is the same at that point bitch away and in fact, I'll join you but until such point please refrain from bringing the rest of us down with you.

The only way they'll shift tickets is by showing some ambition.

And this statement is one of the most trotted out lines which never ceases to piss me off. When it comes to football, define ambition, please. Every person has their own opinion of what demonstrates ambition. For one, I am pleased the club sacked McLeish, brought in a young up and comer in Lambert, and has signed the likes of Holman, KEA, Lowton, Vlaar, and Guzan. To me this demonstrates ambition on behalf of the club already in that we are looking to move forward and improve, but obviously you disagree. Obviously the club cannot sit there and say oh we need to spend 10 million here and another 15 million here because we must show the ambition that Supporter XYZ demands or else we won't sell tickets. It is just a load of bollocks.

The only way they'll shift tickets is by showing some ambition.

And this statement is one of the most trotted out lines which never ceases to piss me off. When it comes to football, define ambition, please. Every person has their own opinion of what demonstrates ambition. For one, I am pleased the club sacked McLeish, brought in a young up and comer in Lambert, and has signed the likes of Holman, KEA, Lowton, Vlaar, and Guzan. To me this demonstrates ambition on behalf of the club already in that we are looking to move forward and improve, but obviously you disagree. Obviously the club cannot sit there and say oh we need to spend 10 million here and another 15 million here because we must show the ambition that Supporter XYZ demands or else we won't sell tickets. It is just a load of bollocks.

**** THIS all day long.

haha huge debate going on here... However im more to the negative side i would have to admit. i am worried about going into saturday with the likes of Stevens or Delph at left back considering Clark could be partnering Vlaar and Warnocks been left out in the cold.

The rest of us will just have to wait and see. And so far it's all waiting and no seeing

I bet you were the sort of kid that peeked at his Christmas presents too weren't you?

Jeez. The transfer window closes in 2 1/2 weeks time. If the squad is the same at that point bitch away and in fact, I'll join you but until such point please refrain from bringing the rest of us down with you.

McLeish signed Holman :lol:

McLeish signed Holman :lol:

Lambert joined Villa on 2nd June.

Holman joined Villa on 1st July.

Lambert signed Holman. If he didn't want him he had a month to say so. :thumb:

haha huge debate going on here... However im more to the negative side i would have to admit. i am worried about going into saturday with the likes of Stevens or Delph at left back considering Clark could be partnering Vlaar and Warnocks been left out in the cold.

I think it will more than likely be Lichaj at LB with Lowton at RB. I am comfortable with that. Also ok with Delph filling in as an emergency.

When it comes to football, define ambition, please.

No problem. To me ambition has to reflect the size of the club in question. The ambition shown by say a Norwich, will not be the same as one shown like Arsenal, as they're not competing for the same thing.

Our supporters tend to consider ourselves as a 'big' club. Maybe a 6th biggest type club. Therefore our ambition has to be for the team sent out in any given season to be good enough to match that claim.

Simple as that.

And it's not. And hasn't been anywhere near that for two years now. Which coincides with us starting to sell off the best players and not replace them with equal or better ones.

That pretty much somes up ambition to me.

Lambert signed Holman. If he didn't want him he had a month to say so.

Exactly.

Not Exactly - he aggreed a pre-contract and signed well before Lambert came in - Villa had committed so there was probably no getting out so Lambert would be stuck with Holman either way

Exactly.

Well that's not true at all. His contract may have started on July 1st but he signed well before that

I toured Bodymoor Heath before the end of last season when McLeish was still there and the PR woman gave us a talk about how many times Holman had been over, how she'd been helping them find a house and set up a school place for his kid, and that he had another one due at that time too

The deal was done under McLeish

When it comes to football, define ambition, please.

No problem. To me ambition has to reflect the size of the club in question. The ambition shown by say a Norwich, will not be the same as one shown like Arsenal, as they're not competing for the same thing.

Our supporters tend to consider ourselves as a 'big' club. Maybe a 6th biggest type club. Therefore our ambition has to be for the team sent out in any given season to be good enough to match that claim.

Simple as that.

And it's not. And hasn't been anywhere near that for two years now. Which coincides with us starting to sell off the best players and not replace them with equal or better ones.

That pretty much somes up ambition to me.

And this is the problem. We all have different views in regards to what we deem as ambition for the football club, so it would be impossible for the club to expect to sell tickets by demonstrating the 'ambition' that certain fans crave.

Not Exactly - he aggreed a pre-contract and signed well before Lambert came in - Villa had committed so there was probably no getting out so Lambert would be stuck with Holman either way
That's immaterial. The discussion is over Lerner backing his manager. Holman was Lerner backing his manager in the summer of 2012. The fact it was the previous manager changes nothing. Holman, along with KEA, Lowton & Vlaar is an example of Lerner backing his manager.

Exactly.

Wrong. Terms were agreed, contracts signed before Lambert arrived.