General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

So. All this talk from Falkner about bringing in players, spending money.....was it another attempt to pull the wool over people's eyes like before?
Do you ever stop moaning? :)

I will be delighted if the rumours are true and Hutton, Collins and Warnock are sold this summer.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for £10m he'd be a decent signing, purely because he's young and has potential. he's not worth that much more than £10m at the moment however

if we could get mon to take gabby off our hands for a reasonable fee (£8-10m) then i'd definitely snap carroll up, for a maximum of £12m, and offer him whatever wage gabby was on

:thumb:

I will be delighted if the rumours are true and Hutton, Collins and Warnock are sold this summer.

Yes, that's fine, but they do need to be replaced.

Also, some would porbably keep Dunne but lose Collins? Not for me. Dunne is as much, if not more a liability than Collins. Both need shifting IMO but not sell Collins over Dunne.

James Nursey‏@JamesNursey

Got impression no big spending spree at #AVFC on cards but more shrewd slightly under-radar signings due when Huts, Collins & War prob go.

To be honest most of us on here could post that on these forums and be the laughing stock for pointing out the obvious.

I believe he is going to use to US tour to clarify what he already believes about his squad and then make more changes when he gets back.

So. All this talk from Falkner about bringing in players, spending money.....was it another attempt to pull the wool over people's eyes like before?

have already brought in 3 players

Oh FFS, really? Have we not signed anybody yet? Not one player?

I'll see your Shakespeare and raise you one 'Faulkner'.

"slightly under radar signings"

Aka - who the **** is he ?

I prefer this - most players that we've heard of that are attainable, probably aren't going to get the pulse racing, so I'd rather the club rolled the dice and took a chance on some unknowns.

have already brought in 3 players

May have added 3 but take away those who left and the fact Petrov won't be playing and you will then see the squad hasn't really been strengthened as yet.

I prefer this - most players that we've heard of that are attainable, probably aren't going to get the pulse racing, so I'd rather the club rolled the dice and took a chance on some unknowns.

The reason they're unknown is more than likely because they're average players. I for one am not impressed with our signings so far. Lerner's still trying to do things on the cheap it seems.

The reason they're unknown is more than likely because they're average players. I for one am not impressed with our signings so far. Lerner's still trying to do things on the cheap it seems.

I don't get that logic.. There are millions of professional players out there and only 50-100 of them are household names. Yes there are some more known players than others but most players become bigger names through coming to the Premier League. There are so many good players that could come to this club as unknowns and become bigger name players and an asset to any club. Do not write off anyone just because you haven't heard of them before they came here, treat these players how you would like to be treated if you were an unknown signing for a big club..

Lerner isn't a charity, and the club is losing money. He tried spending loads and it didn't result in queues of people outside VP waving twenty pound notes, so what's he to do?

Who the were Cabaye and Pappis Cisse before they moved to Newcaslte? Granted they were 8 and 10M signings, but if they were already proven how much would you been spending on them then?

Do we really have the money to just spend £15M on a player? Maybe if we only needed to strengthen one area on the field, maybe, but we have so many places to fill yet. There is money there, yes, but not silly money.

All summer i've had the nagging feeling all wouldn't be as hoped on the transfer front. Talk/tall tales of 25-30m outlay always sounded like pure fantasy. No doubt leaked by the club to keep up the feel good factor

Only time will tell

Who the were Cabaye and Pappis Cisse before they moved to Newcaslte?

Well Cabaye was a key team member for one of the better Ligue 1 clubs and had just broken through into the French national side.

If that's what "under the radar" means, I'll be more than happy. :)

Wow, it really doesn't take long for the negativity to resurface. One tweet from Nursey & many are beginning to question the funds available.

Lambert obviously knows there is a lot of rebuilding to be done. Movement both ways. For all we know, it means that we're not going to be spending big on individual players; which is a wise move in my opinion. We don't need to spend big, we need to spend very wisely.

The squad needs freshening up in a number of positions, so spending big on individuals wouldn't be prudent moving forward.

I still think we will sign one marquee player personally, & I am hoping it is a striker to play up top with Benty. Would be great to have a partnership of two strikers who are both capable of getting 15 plus goals a season. That would be ideal.

no I honestly do not believe that is the case