General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Been told we've asked yourselves, Fulham and West Ham if you would like Carroll on loan or even better to buy him. West Ham seem most interested and asked to loan him. Loaning will involve a loan fee and paying most of his wages (he's on £60,000 pw).

LFC defo want rid for at least this season.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been told we've asked yourselves, Fulham and West Ham if you would like Carroll on loan or even better to buy him. West Ham seem most interested and asked to loan him. Loaning will involve a loan fee and paying most of his wages (he's on £60,000 pw).

LFC defo want rid for at least this season.

Hey Toela, some questions. Personally...

1. do you feel sorry for Carroll? (genuine question :) )

2. would you keep him, if you were Rodgers?

Legov

P.S. Mods would probably see this conversation as one that belongs in the OF section, but since it contains a (very tenuous) link to AVFC I'd argue it belongs here.

You'd wonder how accurate the newspaper reports are that Liverpool are willing to lose £25m on him. If he was available for £10m then teams would be insane not to go for him. I'd expect an auction to happen and the final bid to be between £15m-£20m in that scenario.

for £10m he'd be a decent signing, purely because he's young and has potential. he's not worth that much more than £10m at the moment however

if we could get mon to take gabby off our hands for a reasonable fee (£8-10m) then i'd definitely snap carroll up, for a maximum of £12m, and offer him whatever wage gabby was on

Don't know, England squad, Champions League....why wouldn't he be arsed.

He seems for all the world like a cocky sort who doesn't understand the concept of being arsed about anything. Which is fine, but doesn't make for successful football playing.

At the Euros from what I saw he acted mostly as a delivery mechanism for transferring posession of the ball to the other team.

Don't know, England squad, Champions League....why wouldn't he be arsed.

He seems for all the world like a cocky sort who doesn't understand the concept of being arsed about anything. Which is fine, but doesn't make for successful football playing.

At the Euros from what I saw he acted mostly as a delivery mechanism for transferring posession of the ball to the other team.

In all fairness the whole england Team were incredibly poor apart from a couple of players that managed to shine..

I think Carroll would be arsed ..he would want to prove a point.I think with the club's listed we have as good as chance as any.

Nursey latest tweet

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Further to last #AVFC transfer tip, as now been 3 in, likely we'll see exits (eg Hutton, Collins, Warnock) before more new players arrive.

If we had crazy money to splash aorund on signings we don't actually need, I'd take a gamble on Carroll at 8-10m absolute tops. He's not even proved he's worth that much yet so still a gamble. But with 2 provisos

1. He'd drop his wage from the reported 75k a week to something more fitting 45k ish

2. He cuts off that ridiculous pony tail. Under ever tail is an arsehole, as someone once pointed out to me when I had one. Either let your hair flow or cut it off. The big jessie

Would hope for Sturridge on a loan.

No thanks.

A loan deal just prepares a player for someone else long term. And it puts one of our own down the pecking order in the process

I'm 100% against any/all loan deals involving premiership clubs. With the silly money knocking about there's just no need to loan players anymore

Either buy them or don't