General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this VT thread should be closed and everyone should simply be on Twitter for rumours and speculation. It would save a lot of time.

Simple fact: 99% of ITK on Twitter is complete bollox (or guff). The good news is that most posters on here know that. Mind you there are still a few who treat it like gospel.

People expect too much from Twitter, ITKs, newspaper gossip. Like there's some underlying assumption that it should all check out 100%. Hardly a realistic approach to life. Why should the thread be closed? Enjoy the ride, folks. At least we have a decent manager this season and a chance to be better than mediocre.

I think you'll find that if you calculate the number of tweets with accurate transfer information it will be about five times the number of posts in this thread with accurate transfer information not taken from twitter.

And if you calculate the ratio of rubbish tweets to accurate tweets, it will still be lower than the ratio of rubbish posts on this thread to ones with accurate transfer information.

So there. How about we stop whingeing about Twitter on this thread and just get the **** on with it.

Rumours on Twitter that Stoke want Hutton, if their was one rumour i want to be true of there it's this.

I said this months back some that we'd need someone to sign these players and I said Hutton fitted the mould of a Tony Pulis player. Remember when there was all this hype about him at Rangers? People come in here then putting up names of SPL players.