Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Agreed. Class performer for me. Great composure and passing. For me he has to start the first game alongside Westwood and Bacuna. Harsh on Delph, Sylla and the other players, but he adds something that the others don't have. Experience. 

I didn't see tonight's game but Sylla really deserves to start ahead of him at the moment. Not saying he can't be a good player, but putting him ahead of Sylla purely because of "experience" would be a mistake.

If I hadn't seen tonight game I would agree (and maybe I still do !) - But it can not be over stressed how good KEA was tonight. 

Its a big if - but if he started producing that in the prem, he would be some player

I think he has impressed in most of his recent appearances for us, but they were only sub appearances. I hope he gets a chance this season, but not at the expense of Delph, because he provides a lot of energy.

All in all its great to have a bunch of guys fighting for the midfield spots. Think Westwood is kinda solidified, but its up in the air for the other spots if KEA is going to pull performances like that.

Like i said in the match thread he was pretty good last preseason as well one of the stand out performers but didn't look up to much against PL opposition

I guess the ACON didnt help

With more PL experience he might be a decent player for us i hope he is

Edited by AshVilla

Haven't been impressed with him at all since he has arrived. From last season's viewing he seemed very fragile but looking at the game tonight he looks a lot bigger and some of the link up play was very good, especially the goals. The wee flick pass over to Benteke was like WOOAH!

Promising...

I take the good performances like the poor ones with a pinch of salt, but I've seen signs of KEA being a player, he just needs to man up for the premier league.

Lambert likes him, so that's good enough for me.

He did play well tonight but until I see him perform against Premiership opposition I wont believe he's up to the standard, if we want to play the likes of Crewe every week then he's our man.

Sorry I just don't rate this player....................yet.

He may have had a fair game  tonight and thats always good  to see. However, defencively speaking  would  you rather play  KEA over Sylla  or  Delph  assuming that all three  are  fit?

Our problem last season was that we leaked too many goals starting from giving the ball  away from midfield positions or not  being able to  control the midfield. The situation improved with the  arrival of  Sylla and  Delph came into his own also. 

It's good to  have a creative  scheming midfielder but that player must also have some grit and strength in defence while also having the ability to win and  to hold the ball and then distribute it effectively. Of the three of them  who  does this  the best?

Just watched the highlights, and KEA was the real surprise - a different player, lovely work last night.

Have read plenty about him but it never aligned with what we saw last season, he really needs to show this or he will be away at the end of the year. Great to see the midfield fighting for places. Sylla looked useful too - for me he gets the nod over Delph at the moment, but only just.

He may have had a fair game  tonight and thats always good  to see. However, defencively speaking  would  you rather play  KEA over Sylla  or  Delph  assuming that all three  are  fit?

Our problem last season was that we leaked too many goals starting from giving the ball  away from midfield positions or not  being able to  control the midfield. The situation improved with the  arrival of  Sylla and  Delph came into his own also. 

It's good to  have a creative  scheming midfielder but that player must also have some grit and strength in defence while also having the ability to win and  to hold the ball and then distribute it effectively. Of the three of them  who  does this  the best?

"fair game"? the chip off the outside of his right foot to set up benteke was something very special indeed. not sure if any of our other midfielders would have thought of it let alone been able to do it.

not suggesting he's suddenly world class, i have no heat maps.

• Like 2

Petrov was shit the first season... as was Angel.

Some players need time to adapt and a good pre season may help him and his confidence. Lets see how he goes.

Hope he plays better this season, I have not given up on him just yet. Haven`t seen the highlights from last season but it was the same story last year. If he can deliver like that, or like the manu match then he should be a starter. But he has some ways to go yet, crewe and arsenal is a whole different type of thing

Â