Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Very pleased about this. I always thought he had more too show, but he was mediocre in the pre season as well. But fair play to him, really had a good match I thought. Best one yet actually.

You must have missed the Crewe and Malaga games

I think he can do a job and he did a great one yesterday, but he'll always be limited by his range of passing

There is nothing wrong with his range of passing. He just hasn't really shown it here so far. At Feyenoord his passing ability was one of the best in their team.

I think he can do a job and he did a great one yesterday, but he'll always be limited by his range of passing

There is nothing wrong with his range of passing. He just hasn't really shown it here so far. At Feyenoord his passing ability was one of the best in their team.

The dutch league is proper shit though

I think he's had plenty of time to show his range but it hasn't popped up. He can definitely pass the ball in tight spaces and with little chips but I don't think he can really spray it across the pitch.

Again, he's very energic and combative and harasses the other team very well. Just pointing out some of his cons

The technical ability of the top teams is very high.

My point is that his range of passing shouldn't be written off due to one poor season when he has displayed good passing ability in career beforehand.

I think he's had plenty of time to show his range but it hasn't popped up. He can definitely pass the ball in tight spaces and with little chips but I don't think he can really spray it across the pitch.

Again, he's very energic and combative and harasses the other team very well. Just pointing out some of his cons

One season (in which he hardly played regularly) is plenty of time?

Edited by Isa

The quality of the opposition has nothing to do with his ability to kick a football various distances. 

• Like 2

Probably fair to say he'll get more time and space to pass the ball in Holland. Anticipation of where the pass is going might not be as high from the opposition aswell.

Anyway, played well yesterday. We played him as the most advanced midfielder of the three which rather than attacking he was the first to press and tackle the Arsenal player who was on the ball. He did that well.

The English league would be without any imports (I disagree about the dutch league btw)

The quality of the opposition has nothing to do with his ability to kick a football various distances.

He doesnt get anywhere near as much time and space in the premier league. Villa also spend a lot more time without the ball than Feyenoord did when he was there. He could dictate more games in Holland.

• Like 1

He doesnt get anywhere near as much time and space in the premier league. Villa also spend a lot more time without the ball than Feyenoord did when he was there. He could dictate more games in Holland.

But the comment was about his range of passing, which is a technical attribute and so the quality of league would have no impact.

But the comment was about his range of passing, which is a technical attribute and so the quality of league would have no impact.

It would to an extent. Range of passing doesn't mean how far you can kick a ball. It is to do with your overall passing game which in-turn is linked to your decision making. Less time on the ball places much more onus on the intelligence and decision-making of a player.

I think KEA struggles when he has little time to make a decision

That's a fair point.

He did do and was subsequently dropped from the team. Since being given another go towards the end if last season he has looked much better. So perhaps he has adjusted to the pace?

Or we can just write him off permanently because of a few shakey performances after a solid start.

Agree but adapting to the pace of our league can take a while which is why we shouldn't just write off his passing ability on the back of last season. I believe his failure last season was down to him struggling to adapt to the pace of the league rather then any innate lack of quality. However we'll find out this season...

That's a fair point.

He did do and was subsequently dropped from the team. Since being given another go towards the end if last season he has looked much better. So perhaps he has adjusted to the pace?

Or we can just write him off permanently because of a few shakey performances after a solid start.

Yeah, it wouldn't be like us to have a midfielder who took a while to settle into a new league (and role within the team) only to then become a lynchpin of the side.

Anyone remember why we used to clap in the 19th minute last season?

• Like 3

Â