Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

to be fair to him he was never a bad player. He just got thrown in to a very poor team in the quickest most competitive league in the world.  Must have really affected his game.  Looks much more comfortable now.

I'm not suprised at all.  You put a good player in a good team and if they are not good enough it stands out like a sore thumb.  Last season he was as poor as the rest of the team when he played but got stick because he was a new signing and we expected better.

Good players need good players around them to excel.

I'm actually surprised how much he has improved

This. Looks a different player so far this season

tbf he played one time at the end of season .. and just a second half against Utd .. 

Playing with three midfielders make you do a better job ..

You could see him tiring towards the end. Other than that - a real terrier.

Like Delph, he has the ability to win possession and work in tight spaces.

Unlike Delph, he usually retains possession :thumb:

Let's wait and see how he works against lesser teams, when we are expected to win, when we are supposed to keep up momentum and attacking teams.

Losing 2-1 away to Chelsea is OK, drawing West Ham and losing to Swansea on the trot is not.

Different teams, different expectations and so on.

Given the kind of player he is, now that he's up to speed I expect against the lesser sides he'll flourish assuming he hasn't lost his place to Sylla by then.

Still wanna see Sylla though, love that guy. But KEA has done well, and I agree with the notion that he is like a new signing. Our midfield has been very composed so far, hope we can keep that up. IMO throwing in bacuna,sylla and such might unsettle that.

Hes our only central midfielder that has a great long range shot on him.

Think Mr Gardner would disagree with you there Omar!

Also I'm sure KEA was renowned for poor shooting at Feynoord maybe his hit against Everton was a fluke not done a lot since shooting wise unless I'm forgetting something?

Â