General Chat (mobiles, tablets, etc.)

leviramsey

Apple made the big mistake here imo. They should have just accepted the way the world works, competition was always going to happen it's the way of things. To start this stupid fight with Samsung isn't really going to help them in the long run, burning your bridges with the biggest and of highest quality parts vendor. It's not going to hurt Samsung too badly that Apple is running the higher costs of having multiple vendors for their parts. They now have LG, Sharp and Samsung making screens for example, never mind the memory, processors etc..

They'll never get the billion dollars anyway, it's widely accepted as a mistrial and it's just the due process which is stopping it being thrown out already.

Also the appeals, Samsung would take it to the Supreme Court. It'd get there too given the size of the companies and uniqueness of the trial.

The other thing is if Apple jump into bed with another chip manufacturer, after a few years of selling a million billion processors to go in iPhones and iPads, the new chip company will probably have enough money to do a Samsung and become serious competitors to Apple.

My iPad went in total for £392.15. After postage, paypal and ebay fees I will return with the final total. I am disappointed yes, but I'm glad I sold it now as I hardly touch it. I may aswell cash in now rather than let it lose its value.

My new Sony Vaio 11 inch e-series has just arrived, really impressed with it. Its so small and light, not quite in ultrabook territory but I wanted something in between a laptop and an ultrabook and this fits the bill perfectly. Not even very powerful compared to other machines but I cant afford anything too expensive.

Still getting used to Windows 8 but im sure after a few days i'll have got used to it, a few things seem a bit odd at the moment but overall I am really happy. Now just need to wait for my htc 8S to arrive so I can pair it up with this and be in w8 harmony.

Did anyone see this new thing Samba Mobile. You get a sim with 3G access via the 3 network. You can get free 3.5mb of data by watching an ad. Usually a movie or game trailer. Or you can buy data as a top up. £5 for 500 £3 for 250mb.

I think this would be perfect for a 3G tablet like my Tab 7.7 but they also do a dongle version too, so you can get it for a laptop. Seems pretty good idea to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see this new thing Samba Mobile. You get a sim with 3G access via the 3 network. You can get free 3.5mb of data by watching an ad. Usually a movie or game trailer. Or you can buy data as a top up. £5 for 500 £3 for 250mb.

I think this would be perfect for a 3G tablet like my Tab 7.7 but they also do a dongle version too, so you can get it for a laptop. Seems pretty good idea to me.

Well, if you're only going to use data, get a t mobile payg sim and pay £20 for six months unlimited data...

Ok, I've mentioned this one or twice but I had to return my HTC One S to HTC because of 2 'known' issues they have, paint rubbing off and a software glitch. First time they had it for a week, fixed some of the paint issue but not all and also sent it back with a broken earpiece so couldn't hear anybody in calls. I complained of course and they took the phone away again for another week, returned it yesterday and now the earpiece is fixed but they still haven't fixed all the paint issue. I wrote a shi**t message to their CEO and I've just had a call, an apology and an upgrade to the 32GB HTC One X.

Ok, I've mentioned this one or twice but I had to return my HTC One S to HTC because of 2 'known' issues they have, paint rubbing off and a software glitch. First time they had it for a week, fixed some of the paint issue but not all and also sent it back with a broken earpiece so couldn't hear anybody in calls. I complained of course and they took the phone away again for another week, returned it yesterday and now the earpiece is fixed but they still haven't fixed all the paint issue. I wrote a shi**t message to their CEO and I've just had a call, an apology and an upgrade to the 32GB HTC One X.

Win! :thumb:

Does anybody have any first hand experience of the HTC One X? I've seen a few reviews and YT vids and it seems a superb bit of kit.... I just don't know anybody who has actually bought one!

I believe JB 4.1 is already available for it which is good news so I can give the Google Now app a trial, see what the fuss is about!

Techradar say its the 2nd best phone you can buy at the moment behind the SGS3. (With the Nexus 4 in 4th place IIRC.)

Apart from the traditional hokey HTC Battery it looks a lovely phone.

Well, if you're only going to use data, get a t mobile payg sim and pay £20 for six months unlimited data...

Or buy a Data Sim from Ovivo Mobile for £10.00 and get 500mb of data free each month for doing nought, if you need more you can top up as and when but if you can cope with 500mb then its a great deal.

I have a Samba sim as well and have built up over 1gig of credit but dont use the dongle anywhere near enough to run it down.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a BB as a work phone too, and agree that is has nothing on practically any other smart phone. I run a Nexus 7 tablet so have seen first hand what the latest Android OS can offer.

Haing said that, I use BBM a lot and find it to be the best thing about Blackberry.

The BB10 could potentially be a nice piece of software, and the initial browser tests seem positive.

BB10 v iOS 6 and Windows 8

Wonder if the soft keyboard will be any good though?

Â