General Chat (mobiles, tablets, etc.)

leviramsey

Where would be the best place to sell my 32GB 4G WI-FI 'THE NEW IPAD'? I've had a quote of £300 from GadgetPanda. Reckon I should go through eBay? Just a little worried about fees, shipping etc

Just beware of scammers, check buyers feedback etc...

Having been on the receiving end when I sold my 3G iPhone I wouldn't sell a high value item on there ever again but I know others who have never had a problem.

I had trouble with buying the Galaxy Note 2. I paid and it was never delivered. I then placed a dispute with eBay and got my money back. It's very safe especially with selling as you only ship when you receive payment.

I had trouble with buying the Galaxy Note 2. I paid and it was never delivered. I then placed a dispute with eBay and got my money back. It's very safe especially with selling as you only ship when you receive payment.

All the protection is for the buyer. If the buyer says he didn't receive it, ebay will just take the money back while it's in dispute and then decide the buyer was correct, even when the seller has proof. It's happened so many times to people that very few people I know still sell on it.

Alright chaps, need a fairly quick opinion on the following. Is the Dell Inspiron 15R special edition is a decent laptop? Very close to ordering it as apart from the looks it seems a decent all rounder at a decent price. Any other suggestions?

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15r-se-7520/pd.aspx?ST=inspiron%2015r%20special%20edition&dgc=ST&cid=41141&lid=1069630&acd=239715600820560

Alright chaps, need a fairly quick opinion on the following. Is the Dell Inspiron 15R special edition is a decent laptop? Very close to ordering it as apart from the looks it seems a decent all rounder at a decent price. Any other suggestions?

http://www.dell.com/...239715600820560

15 inch needs 1080p display. So I'd go for the £679 version of those. What I would also do is buy a SSD drive (from the cheapest place you can find but stick to Intel/Samsung drives, more reliable in my experience ). The performance-hike is night and day. It's easy to change yourself on these. Usually 2-4 screws and then reinstall.

Yeah I forgot to mention it was the £679 version. Would you recommend that laptop then? Or are there better/similar priced alternatives? Thanks for the info on the ssd drives as well, will definitely pick one up.

The reviews ive been reading all sound positive. Just wished it looked a little nicer.

Yeah I forgot to mention it was the £679 version. Would you recommend that laptop then? Or are there better/similar priced alternatives? Thanks for the info on the ssd drives as well, will definitely pick one up.

The reviews ive been reading all sound positive. Just wished it looked a little nicer.

Apart from the 5400RPM drive it looks good. I'm a bit behind on graphic-cards but that one has it's own set of memory which is good.

All the protection is for the buyer. If the buyer says he didn't receive it, ebay will just take the money back while it's in dispute and then decide the buyer was correct, even when the seller has proof. It's happened so many times to people that very few people I know still sell on it.

Well this is only the case if you do not mail via registered sign for insured Royal Mail. As once you dispatch you you have a tracking number and the buyer needs to sign for it at the other end. That's why you enter tracking numbers on eBay these days when you ship. Correspondance is also recorded for use if there is ever a dispute.

It's much better now, when did the people you know have problems?

I sold my S3 and there was no problem at all.

Well this is only the case if you do not mail via registered sign for insured Royal Mail. As once you dispatch you you have a tracking number and the buyer needs to sign for it at the other end. That's why you enter tracking numbers on eBay these days when you ship. Correspondance is also recorded for use if there is ever a dispute.

It's much better now, when did the people you know have problems?

I sold my S3 and there was no problem at all.

I'm glad it worked for you. I suspect that most people are honourable, but problems like this have been reported on this board in the last few months. My impression is that it is becoming more common, but it may just be that people talk about it more now. The fact it is "signed for" is not relevant. Ebay will take the money back from the seller whilst there is an outstanding dispute and I've heard many cases where they didn't accept a Royal Mail POD as evidence.

I'm glad it worked for you. I suspect that most people are honourable, but problems like this have been reported on this board in the last few months. My impression is that it is becoming more common, but it may just be that people talk about it more now. The fact it is "signed for" is not relevant. Ebay will take the money back from the seller whilst there is an outstanding dispute and I've heard many cases where they didn't accept a Royal Mail POD as evidence.

Well I suppose people are always going to give their tales of their experiences. But imo you can help yourself by doing everything by the book and of course using paypal, you'll be protected and either get the device you sold back or your money back for a device you bought that you didn't get. So aside from those two outcomes I'd imagine the rest is quite rare unless you sell a lot of stuff on eBay.

What I meant was I wouldn't bother buying one without it and going through the money and hassle of taking out the HDD and putting in a new purchased SSD and then getting Windows on it, then ending up with a HDD you don't want or need.

I just pick the thing I want and buy it. But when it comes to laptops it's all down to what each person wants.

Well I suppose people are always going to give their tales of their experiences. But imo you can help yourself by doing everything by the book and of course using paypal, you'll be protected and either get the device you sold back or your money back for a device you bought that you didn't get. So aside from those two outcomes I'd imagine the rest is quite rare unless you sell a lot of stuff on eBay.

You would be surprised Conor, even those who have done everything by the book like you say still end up out of pocket. Scams such as the buyer saying the box was empty or saying the phone doesn't work and sending back a smashed phone just for the fun of it.

They are not isolated either I have lost count of the amount of threads I have read on various consumer websites.

The internet is saying that Samsung are getting their billion dollars back from Apple by putting the prices of their processors up by 20%. Apple are locked in for a couple of years so there isnt much they can do about things, and of course if Apple do stop buying processors off of Samsung then all they are doing is allowing Samsung to increase their manufacturing capacity for their own stuff and flood the market further with competing products.

Â