Staying at Wigan: Roberto Martinez (Wigan Athletic)

VillanousOne

It'd be nice to get a manager the board actually clearly want. We went for him last year, he decided to stay loyal to Wigan, which is commendable, so if we go after him again at least it means the board are adamant in actually wanting him.

Meanwhile the Martinez thread, through any lack of enthusiam from the villa faithful, slowly winds its way to 30 pages of none enthusiastic messages.Please God let Martinez stay at Wigan,and keep all their players with him.

It would enthuse me. Not my first choice TBH - but a highly rated young manager, who by all accounts gets involved at all levels.

I just hope he signs quickly - if he shafts us again - Ill banjo the smug cXXXnt !

Martinez would be well down my wish list but one has got used to the board making slightly odd appointments, so, bring it on!

At least based on Martinez's record with Wigan we know we stand a good chance of surviving next season's relegation scramble.

Would be over the moon with Martinez. Been my favourite all along. His teams always play to win and always play good football.

Would love to see what he could build here with our potential and better quality players.

I'm all for Martinez. The idea of OGS was very exciting, and this one is too.

Even though theres been a bit of a ant-climax for a lot of us after the whole OGS saga.

I got some concerns on how he'll clear out or deal with the deadwood, and how we'll look defensively. But just the fact that we'll be able to enjoy watching Aston Villa play football again is such a warming thought and would make up for conceding a few more goals a season.

And if what people are saying about Rodgers reaping Martinez work at Swansea is true. He truly is a man that can build for the future.

He also seem like a very honorable man, doubt he'll leave 5 days before kickoff.

Bring him in.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-liverpool-manager-brendan-rodgers-853325

Mirror are saying that with Rodgers set for Liverpool, we're set to sign Martinez this week. Hope so.

I would prefer the names reversed. But Martinez would be a fine choice, I would just prefer Rodgers for play style. But I wouldnt complain with either tbh.

More quotes from Rodney Marsh;

Rodney Marsh ‏@RodneyMarsh10

Martinez did not give #LFC an answer by Liverpool deadline. Now free to sign for #AVFC. Apparently DW has offered him a truck load to stay

Rodney Marsh ‏@RodneyMarsh10

Same source that told me 2 months ago that KK would be let go at end of season.

Wigan fans and the Sun are saying that Martinez isn't going anywhere - he's staying. Whelan has pulled off a coup

Oh heck....................If true expect Whelan on SSN........ 3, 2, 1....

Wigan fans and the Sun are saying that Martinez isn't going anywhere - he's staying. Whelan has pulled off a coup

Oh heck....................If true expect Whelan on SSN........ 3, 2, 1....

I can hear him running towards the nearest interviewer