Staying at Wigan: Roberto Martinez (Wigan Athletic)

VillanousOne

We do not have the players to turn around such a run

And you'd have said Wigan did before they did it? I wouldn't have.

Nope but Wigan dont have any bad eggs in their side and want to play for the manager we have players who love to get pissed and don't care what happens to the club

If Martinez were to take control would he be able to do much more than McLeish did in regards to these players. He does not look like the disciplinarian type

MON got the best out of them by giving them loads of time off to get pissed in. not exactly discipline there either, more 1970s clough style man management.

the point with RM for me isn't what he does with dunne and collins and crew. it's the type of performances he could get out of gardner, herd, bannan, albrighton, nzogbia, ireland, lichaj, carruthers, johnson, grealish, stevens, clark, baker...

if he can get them playing at a good level, all of a sudden our squad looks very different and not "weak" as AM has labelled them.

Wigan dont have any bad eggs in their side and want to play for the manager

So you're in favour of him now then?

I'am and will back whoever takes charge just questioning his ability to deal with the current squad as it is alot different to what he's used to at Wigan and should we have a bad start to the season will he be able to turn it round the way he has done at Wigan like he has done numerous times the past couple of seasons

I'm hoping RM will have been interested enough in Villa to have done his usual meticulous research into the potential within our squad.

Total control of all football related matters from the Academy through to the first team could sell the job to RM.

His choice may well be between ....

L'pool .... Succeed with coaching whatever players the Director of Football and the board sign for you.

AVFC .... You Decide which players you want to coach and manage, and you set the total football agenda.

by all accounts for the last 2 years they have all been complaining about the lack of coaching, corner and free kick stats prove this has been the case,

:!: :!:

Not so much coaching, but general cohesive strategy and tactics. Also, expecting the reserves and youth teams to play a different style, with different defensive/marking systems, and expecting them to come into the first XI without fully explaining the systems employed has led to the disaster we have seen.

by all accounts for the last 2 years they have all been complaining about the lack of coaching, corner and free kick stats prove this has been the case,

:!: :!:

Not so much coaching, but general cohesive strategy and tactics. Also, expecting the reserves and youth teams to play a different style, with different defensive/marking systems, and expecting them to come into the first XI without fully explaining the systems employed has led to the disaster we have seen.

We have lacked a tactician for a long time!

I'm hoping RM will have been interested enough in Villa to have done his usual meticulous research into the potential within our squad.

Total control of all football related matters from the Academy through to the first team could sell the job to RM.

His choice may well be between ....

L'pool .... Succeed with coaching whatever players the Director of Football and the board sign for you.

AVFC .... You Decide which players you want to coach and manage, and you set the total football agenda.

Add to that.With Liverpool if you don"t win something every so often you are in big trouble.

I should add that, in my opinion, the problem lay with the manager of the time and also with either MacDonald or Cowans. There needs to be communication between Manager and Reserve/Youths managers. Keeping Cowans/MacDonald for purely sentimental reasons is the wrong decision. If the new manager wants to make a change in the Youth/Reserves setup, I'm all for it.

Yeah, you know, next season I will be happy if we take one throwing, just one where someone actually moves to get the ball.

I will celebrate like we have scored if that happens. Since MON days they've always just stood there waiting for a flick on. MOVE!!!!

We do not have the players to turn around such a run

And you'd have said Wigan did before they did it? I wouldn't have.

Nope but Wigan dont have any bad eggs in their side and want to play for the manager we have players who love to get pissed and don't care what happens to the club

If Martinez were to take control would he be able to do much more than McLeish did in regards to these players. He does not look like the disciplinarian type

The fans should let it be known that they support the manager, and show the troublemakers in the team where their at. It's about time we got behind the manager, who ever it is.

Who are these alleged troublemakers in the team? Please support your accusation with evidence.

There is no alleged about it. James Collins has been involved in two seperate incidents in which violence has been used. Richard Dunne has been involved in an incident with Collins which led to repairs having to be paid.

To be fair Gazton MM has pointed the finger at the likes of Collins, Warnock, Dunne several times on this site.

You have stated several times that MM is ITK so the rest of us are putting 2+2 together

I agree, but I think it's harsh to suggest that fans give these players plenty of abuse based on rumour and supposition.

To be fair Gazton MM has pointed the finger at the likes of Collins, Warnock, Dunne several times on this site.

You have stated several times that MM is ITK so the rest of us are putting 2+2 together

I agree, but I think it's harsh to suggest that fans give these players plenty of abuse based on rumour and supposition.

Chrs Herd Fabian Delph Gatecrasher? Barry Bannan drunk driver?