No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post a few pages back seems to have gone by unnoticed, so once again :)

As a NORWEGIAN that watched the entire press conference:

OGS never said that he was going to stay at Molde IF he got an job offer from Villa. He said that he hadnt received an offer and therefore had his focus on Molde. He told the media that his ambitions were to manage in the premier league, but that it had to be a club HE wanted to manage (not just any PL team). He informed us that he had already turned down a few PL clubs, meaning that Villa is the first one he has wanted to talk to.

Just sussed it - That PC was to get the odds on OGS out - once they hit 10's/20's the Molde Board will lump as much money on as possible and then when OGS joins us - make a killing and be financially safe if that investor **** off!

Some people reading too much into the PC - you don't turn a job offer down if you've not been offered one!.

I trust and will wait for our fellow Villans in Norway/Scandinavia to tell us otherwise.

Villa have not said a thing today but uncle tom cobley and all are presuming everything from Randy has **** up again to OGS has turned us down and we are heading for the same shambles like last year!!!

Of course OGS is interested in the job. It's not as if he is some benefit scrounger that goes to job interviews with no intention of ever taking a job just so that he can satisfy the demands of the state benefits system.

If the package is right, and that includes the job spec as well as the salary, and his family are supportive then he will take it if offered.

Dear Sky Sports News .....

Please read the following article from Eurosport and perhaps you may wish to alter your yellow ticker bar on SSN after doing so.

Sat, 19 May 13:45:00 2012

Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's visit to Aston Villa for an "informal first chat" has caused a storm among sponsors and supporters in his native Norway.

Sponsor Aker ASA, which been involved with Molde for over 20 years, said on Friday that it would be withdrawing its support for the club over Solskjaer's visit to Birmingham.

"This is perceived as being incompatible with the Molde community, of which we are both a part," Aker chariman Kjell Inge Rokke, said in a statement announcing the end of a deal worth over 20 million Norwegian crowns ($3.34 million) annually to the club.

Fans have also turned on their former favourite, siding with the sponsor rather than the coach.

"Kjell Inge is worth more to me than any coach," said Eva-Brit Mauseth, a leading member of Molde supporter club Tornekrattet.

Speaking to newspaper Verdens Gang, she said that Solskjaer was in danger of destroying his reputation as a hero at the club if he left now.

"If Solskjaer wants to leave the district with any dignity, then he has a job to do in the coming months," she said.

The popular former player ignited the controversy when he skipped training on Friday to fly to England for an "informal first chat" with the Premier League club, who recently fired manager Alex McLeish following a disappointing season.

Solskjaer made his name at Molde as a predatory striker before joining Manchester United in 1996, where he went on to have a glittering career.

Often described as a "super sub", he won six Premier League titles and came off the bench to score the winner in the 1999 Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

He returned to Molde in 2010 after a successful spell as coach of Manchester United's reserve side, and led Molde to their first Norwegian title in his first year in charge.

But instead of looking forward to Champions League qualification with Solskjaer at the helm, the club has now been thrown into turmoil.

"We were made aware of the interest and the talks, but it was still a disappointment when he chose to travel to England on Friday to meet Aston Villa," Molde chairman Oystein Neerland told Norway's Romsdals Budstikke newspaper.

"We're not considering sacking him," he added.

Solskjaer and club officials faced the press on after training on Saturday, with the manager expressing some regrets - but not about talking to Villa.

"What I regret is that it came out the way it did," he told reporters, adding that he felt he still had the support of the club and that he was not seeking a new job.

"It's up to Aston Villa if there's going to be any more. I have only spoken to them, and I would expect that they will be talking to others.

"If they contact me I'll have to make a decision, but it's not like there's a private plane standing waiting," smiled the coach known as "the baby-faced assassin" in his playing days.

"I've said for a long time that I have an ambition to be a Premier League manager, but I haven't been looking for a new job."

Sounds pretty much like he's saying he isn't joining us, save your money lads.

"I have not had any offers," Solskjaer told a press conference. "I'm not looking for another job.

"In football, and in life in general, things turn up that you have to make decisions about. I have a contract for two more years and I'll stand by that."

Read between the lines all you like but that last sentence sounds final to me, onwards and hopefully upwards the search continues.

Stan deleted his tweet... anyway...

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

OGS has NOT turned down/ruled out Villa job. He said he works for Molde, has not had a Villa offer, but would consider it if one was made

He's such an asshat (Collymore, not Kendrick).

This managerial search has got more twists and turns than...?

Sounds pretty much like he's saying he isn't joining us, save your money lads.

"I have not had any offers," Solskjaer told a press conference. "I'm not looking for another job.

"In football, and in life in general, things turn up that you have to make decisions about. I have a contract for two more years and I'll stand by that."

Read between the lines all you like but that last sentence sounds final to me, onwards and hopefully upwards the search continues.

I don't think it means anything other than that he's not going to resign from Molde to join us, which we knew anyway. Villa can buy out his contract can they not?

This is the best day of my season! Not only does it look as though OGS will become our manager, I stand to make a fortune out of it.

The second best day was McLeish being sacked...

Match days themselves suck compared to this!

This is the best day of my season! Not only does it look as though OGS will become our manager, I stand to make a fortune out of it.

He's not our manager yet!!! You'll jinx it. :|

I'm not a betting man but I'm fairly confident that you wont end up with empty pockets.

He's not our manager yet!!! You'll jinx it. :|

I've seen a very nervous and quite pessimistic Mantis the last couple of days! Never seen him before... :lol: