No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Get the bets on lads

This. Very much this. Free money anyone?

Just wacked £200 on. Good call. Only got it at 7 though. Damn...wish i had it open when it went to 10!

**** hell man. I still believe there's a chance we could get him but that's one hell of a risk.

I never bet a lot of money on things I really want to happen. Never. If Villa made the FA Cup final I'd put all my money on the opposition.

Ah easy come easy go.

I wacked £40 on Lambert yesterday when his odds were 8/1. So... If i'm lucky I might break even haha.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They news stations have additional info hence they all broke the story at the same time hours after the PC. The info is probably from Villa's end.

Can we now just accept it, stop wasting money and move on please?

hahaha, they know nothing. They didn't even know Lerner was sending his jet over to get him. They got most their info from these forums as i've seen loads of quotes from members on here hahahahaha.

I was just coming down to your level of typical English thinking. Getting mad at Americans calling a sport by its actual name.

Well, actually Soccer isn't the proper name, it's Football. It's widely recognised that the game as we know it today was established in England and we called it Football, not Soccer. FIFA actually stands for the Fédération Internationale de Football Association.

Not that I agree with the other poster. As an American Football fan myself, I realise that football over there is generally what American Football is called, so using Soccer makes the game easy to distinguish from American Football.

The term 'soccer' comes from an abbreviation of 'association' - as in association football. It's an English term, so while we all call it football now, historically, soccer is basically slang for football. Who gives a shit anyway.

Back on topic, feeling pretty nervous now. Really hoping this still goes through.

Just registered with SportingBet to get him at 12s and the market has been suspended :evil:

Same. I'm still not entirely convinced he's definitely going to get it, but at this stage I am convinced that we're more privy to the ins and outs of this story than most of the media are. And the bookies seem to be reacting to the ill-informed musings of lazy journalists.

If everyone starts lumping money on Lambert (because the inaccurate "breaking" news), then their risk with Lambert is increasing, they suspend the market to work out what is going on and then reprice everything.

As Lambert comes in, OGS will go out...

This isn't the bookies reacting to ill-informed journalists, it is the punters reacting to ill-informed journalists and the bookies protecting their books. Pretty standing. The wise people will be lumping on OGS right now.

I agree its definitely not as exciting, however if we don't get OGS I think Lambert would be perfect for us.
Why? Because he'll get the best out of the likes of Dunne, Collins and Warnock?

We don't need someone like that. We need someone who will come in and ship those pricks out. This could be OGS or someone completely different. Regardless, we need a revolution.

Jesper Mathisen ‏@jespermathisen

Og i skrivende stund blir Molde-spillerne informert om at OGS leder sin siste kamp som Molde sjef i morgen mot Sandnes Ulf. #Villavilla

We need confirmation of that translation and it's authenticity because that is a tweet supposedly of a Molde player stating on twitter that OSG has told the players that tomorrow is his last game.

They news stations have additional info hence they all broke the story at the same time hours after the PC. The info is probably from Villa's end.

Nonsense. Read the articles... they are all taking snipets of OGS interview this morning and twisting it. In the articles themselves they are writing "appears to have rejected Villa".

Definitely not from Villa, and definitely a twisted version of the facts from this mornings PC.

I agree its definitely not as exciting, however if we don't get OGS I think Lambert would be perfect for us.

We don't need someone like that. We need someone who will come in and ship those pricks out. This could be OGS or someone completely different. Regardless, we need a revolution.

No, because I think he's a good manager. OGS could also come in and try to get the best out of that lot too, who knows? I agree we need a revolution but as much as I want OGS he doesn't have to be appointed for it to happen.

Og i skrivende stund blir Molde-spillerne informert om at OGS leder sin siste kamp som Molde sjef i morgen mot Sandnes Ulf. #Villavilla

We need confirmation of that translation and it's authenticity because that is a tweet supposedly of a Molde player stating on twitter that OSG has told the players that tomorrow is his last game.

That tweet came out before the press conference this morning.

The latest, and most accurate information is from the Press Conference. Nothing, as far as I am aware, has changed since then.

I'm confused, OGS has ruled out being our manager according to the BBC are these reports dodgy?

Personally I wouldn't put a £1 on who was going to be our next manager, this is the board that appointed Alex McLeish!! Who in their right mind would have thought that would be a good idea, no one but they still did it ... we will just have to wait and see, my ST money is staying where it is until we appoint a credible man and give him some serious cash to spend.

I am sure I read yesterday that the Molde chairman was hoping to talk to OGS today.. Perhaps OGS has told him the talks were more serious than he let on and that Lerner gave him the permission to say his farewells before signing on Monday. For all we know there are no other candidates and it was all a planned excuse crafted at that initial meeting..

Steven Hunt ‏@ASTVIL123

Jesper Mathisen, striker for IK Start has tweeted Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told his squad that tomorrow's game is his last for Molde. #avfc

Sorry if that tweet has been done already, didnt see it over the last few pages.

I quoted this a few pages back.

I think you're jumping to conclusions right now, assuming that the journalists have additional information. They don't. They're going off the press conference which seems to have been mistranslated. Lots of scandinavian journalists on Twitter are stating that at no point did he say he was staying or that he'd turned down Villa. Just that he had a two year contract at Molde and was not actively looking for a new job nor was he even offered one by Lerner, it was just a chat. He's probably telling the truth, he probably wasn't offered the job. It doesn't mean he's not interested though, if he wasn't then why would he come to talk to us at all?

There are also reports that OGS has told his Molde squad that tomorrow is his last game for them. I think this was supposedly tweeted by a player somewhere. No idea if this is true, I'm not even saying I'm confident that OGS will come to us, just that what the British press have reported from the press conference isn't accurate.

Either ways, what people spend their money on is their own business, not yours. Likewise, people can believe what they want to believe so I don't understand why you're getting so pissy because people believe something you don't.

No, because I think he's a good manager. OGS could also come in and try to get the best out of that lot too, who knows? I agree we need a revolution but as much as I want OGS he doesn't have to be appointed for it to happen.

As I said, it could be OGS or somebody else. However, my gut feeling is that Lambert would merely get the best out of what we've got.

Dear Sky Sports News

:wave:

Do you know something?

And he doesn't play for Molde. He plays for Start. He knows as much about this as the rest of us.