No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Great news! stop pissing about with amateurs like OGS and go and get lambert!!

haha, calm down. Do you even know what he said, or are you just seeing what sky sports news say?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OGS has turned down several offers från PL-clubs. On monday he got a call from a friend that Villa wants to talk with him. Anyone thinking of who that friend might be? I know someone very close to him, who is his mentor. Could it be SAF?

That doesn't make any sense. Villa having SAF be the messenger to OGS about the vacant job?

I would believe it is as simple as his agent, Jim Solbakken. OGS not exposing him is just a way of keeping it low-profile and light. Other than that, I'd say John Carew. Frankly, it doesn't matter who it is. The contact was made, that's the important point. 8)

Would rather an "amateur" like OGS than Lambert. I'm sorry but after being linked with OGS Lambert would be a huge letdown. I bet he'll bring Grant Holt with him as well. :bang:

What the **** is happening? Have Sky got something else or are they just basing this on the PC?

Based on absolutely nothing more than the interview first thing this morning.

Think about this logically, and without emotions:

1) OGS can not upset Molde currently as he has huge respect for them

2) He has only had informal talks, and as such can not state he wants to quit Molde in case it goes wrong and he has to stay.

3) Molde are going to making life difficult because they want the most amount of compensation possible

4) OGS is a massive figure in Norway. It has gone absolutely crazy over there... he needs to calm things down, so is he plays down the link to Villa. At the same time he says, if Villa do come back we will have to sit down and discuss the situation.

The English media are interpreting the above as he is staying, though if you read between the lines, and understand the situation like the Villa fans who have been following closely have been you can easily argue that there is now more chance of him coming to Villa than not.

Would rather an "amateur" like OGS than Lambert. I'm sorry but after being linked with OGS Lambert would be a huge letdown. I bet he'll bring Grant Holt with him as well. :bang:

lol what a load of childish nonsense, got your panties wet over the thought of a big named amateur and would now be let down by a proper manager and one of the best strikers in the league last season.

Sums it up really.

As much as I want OGS to come here I feel people are also putting Paul Lambert down because of OGS. Lambert is a very good manager.

I was just coming down to your level of typical English thinking. Getting mad at Americans calling a sport by its actual name.

Well, actually Soccer isn't the proper name, it's Football. It's widely recognised that the game as we know it today was established in England and we called it Football, not Soccer. FIFA actually stands for the Fédération Internationale de Football Association.

Not that I agree with the other poster. As an American Football fan myself, I realise that football over there is generally what American Football is called, so using Soccer makes the game easy to distinguish from American Football.

Wait until tomorrow to place bets on OGS, the story would have probably died down a bit more giving us better odds

Absolutely not. Strike whilst people are over reacting to Sky and Talksport.

Back now, lay tomorrow.

Just registered with SportingBet to get him at 12s and the market has been suspended :evil:

Same. I'm still not entirely convinced he's definitely going to get it, but at this stage I am convinced that we're more privy to the ins and outs of this story than most of the media are. And the bookies seem to be reacting to the ill-informed musings of lazy journalists.

lol what a load of childish nonsense, got your panties wet over the thought of a big named amateur and would now be let down by a proper manager and one of the best strikers in the league last season.

Sums it up really.

It's childish to prefer OGS to Lambert? Whatever

OGS is a "proper manager" too, and Holt is nowhere near one of the best strikers in the league. He's 31 now. Whoever our next manager is I don't want us to sign him.

As much as I want OGS to come here I feel people are also putting Paul Lambert down because of OGS. Lambert is a very good manager.

He's a good manager but he's not as exciting is he? :(

Wait until tomorrow to place bets on OGS, the story would have probably died down a bit more giving us better odds

Absolutely not. Strike whilst people are over reacting to Sky and Talksport.

Back now, lay tomorrow.

Hoping the odds will be like 20-1 tomorrow :P , what are the current odds?

Get the bets on lads

This. Very much this. Free money anyone?

Just wacked £200 on. Good call. Only got it at 7 though. Damn...wish i had it open when it went to 10!

**** hell man. I still believe there's a chance we could get him but that's one hell of a risk.

I never bet a lot of money on things I really want to happen. Never. If Villa made the FA Cup final I'd put all my money on the opposition.

Come on, he won't be considered for Liverpool. Replacing a Liverpool legend with a Manyoo legend.

You seem to be forgetting that Liverpool are owned by Yanks and they, as you may well know from experience, do not know the intricate and passionate nature of football and just see it as a business (they call it soccer ffs!).

Just to let you know it's called soccer, sorry to break you narrow minded heart. Now I'm off to watch the best of 'Soccer Am'.

How can anyone have a 'narrow minded heart'?

Dumb statement.

I was just coming down to your level of typical English thinking. Getting mad at Americans calling a sport by its actual name.

Not just my thinking there are others that think the same. It's nothing to do with being English (not that you know whether I am English or not as you are just guessing).

If Americans were so switched on about the subject of football in England (or Britain if you prefer) Lerner would never have taken McLeish and the owners at Liverpool would never have sacked Dalglish after winning a cup and getting to another final.

Not anti American feeling by any stretch of the imagination. I have a client who is an American and he is a great bloke but like an awful lot of Americans he doesn't know a great deal about football.

He's a good manager but he's not as exciting is he? :(