No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Collymore really does alienate himself from Villa fans doesn't he..

he just seems so intent on having a go at us and wanting to piss us off....

very strange considering he is a fan...

maybe its because he feels guilty about being so utterly shit for us....

he's such a shit pundit never allowing anybody else to speak

I asked him if he is always a clearing in the woods after he was very condescending towards Villa fans.

He blocked me :D

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be surprised if OGS isn't coming to Villa - would prefer Lambert anyway.

But if we cant lure OGS from a minor league in norway.......

How the hell could you interpred this from the press conference.

I saw it live at VG TV, and Solskjær basically was begging for Villa to come with an offer.

The muppets in English press does not know the nuances in the Norwegian language, hence the ill informed news after the PC.

The other way to look at it is if the guy only has experience of managing in a minor league

like guardiola?

Exactly, everyone has to start somewhere.

For every manager who has managed a team in a top division and done well there are more who have managed in a top division and done terribly.

Just because OGS hasn't managed in a top league doesn't mean he's automatically a bad manager. The reverse is true, just because McLeish has managed two teams in the Premier League doesn't make him a good manager.

An excellent manager is an excellent manager, regardless of the league they manage in. Obviously not everyone makes it to the big time, but in the short time OGS has been involved in coaching and management he has impressed wherever he has been.

We need someone with a fresh approach, someone young and eager to succeed and prove themselves, in my opinion. If we truly don't have much money for transfers and will have to rely on our youth academy, who better to get the best out of them than an ex-player who had a successful career at the top club in the country, who not only won the Champion's League but scored the goal that won the game, who worked under the top manager in the Premier League for years as a player and then as a coach, who has managed the top club in the country's youth team, and who has taken his hometown club to their first league title and the Champions League in his first season in charge?

We need big changes at Villa and this is the type of manager we need to make these changes which will transform this club for years to come. As much as I admire Lambert as a manager, and if he became manager I would support him fully, I just feel like this kind of appointment is one that will make us safe, but won't change anything in a major way in the long term.

The other way to look at it is if the guy only has experience of managing in a minor league

like guardiola?

Mourinho had never managed anybody, was never a very good player and his 1st job was at Benfica!!!!

I have a bet on but I do not care about the cash from that, I would go back in time and stop the bet if it meant we would get OGS. I feel so excited but am trying not to be and I guess it shows :(

I want this appointment so much.

At the end of the day none of us know anything more than we did yesterday. its all speculation on our behalf.

From what we can make of it, OGS has just confirmed he has had talks with Villa, there has been no offer (as of yet) and NONE of us know whether there will be.

He hasn't ruled out taking the job if one is offered, and reiterated that he will see out his contract (should he decide not to take the job or not get offered one).

So until we find out if he gets offered it, or until others have been interviewed its all just speculation. Nobody knows anything more than anyone else, and we just have to sit it out and wait for it all to unfold.

What I do find interesting though is how Lambert seems to have been flavour of the month at the beginning of the week, and now it seems that many have turned their opinions on him because of the OGS talks. Seems to me if Lambert did indeed now get the position certain Villa fans would now be dissapointed because it wasn't OGS and Lambert wouldn't get the full support he would have had at the beginning of the week before OGS had talks. I hope this isnt the case because I for one still think Lambert could do a damn good job here. But I also like the idea of OGS since it has emerged we are interested in him.

Im with DeepDish on this one, he is waiting for an offer.

I agree. Up to Lerner to do what he wants. OGS has been very good today at handling questions: making sure not to burn whats left of the bridge back to Molde should he not get an offer, and at the same time really giving a big "make me an offer" shout in the direction of B6. We'll know more after the Molde game tomorrow.

I would like to state that from where I stand, I am quite happy with the way the club is dealing with the managerial search, discretion is a good thing, it was inevitable that with our resident aircraft anorak, Thetrees, we were going to discover the plan, but the club has proceeded with care and a refreshingly adventurous approach. I am pleased thus far and I have a degree of confidence that the club has no desire to screw this appointment up.

Still might go t*ts up but I'll wait and see.

Much happier today than I was before the Norwich game, that's for sure.

UTV!

Aston Villa target Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would 'consider' job

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he would "consider" an offer from Aston Villa to become their new manager, but is also happy to stay at Norwegian side Molde.

BBC finally get it right.

It really wouldnt surprise me of RL and PF know that they want OGS. They know the fans want him too. I think they could just be playing it down, taking the time to interview other candidates almost as a formality whilst the Norwegian season is coming to a close for the Euros. Being respectful will be key for Randy and it will give Molde time to appoint a new manager. Once their season closes then I think we will make our move. It's just a waiting game now.

The BBC have done a complete U-turn. First it was "Solskjaer rules himself out of the Villa job" then it was "Solskjaer will stand by Molde" now it's "Solskjaer will not rule out Villa or "Solskjaer would consider Villa".

**** amateurs.

The way I see it is that we have told OGS yesterday that if he wants the job he will be offered it when the Norwegian league breaks off for the Euros.

In the meantime, he has to calm the storm which has kicked off at Molde, because he isn't a rocket polisher and he does care about the club; hence the 'preliminary talks' quotes.

Being a linguist myself I know how nuances in suggestion are very difficult to translate, which was shown by the initial press reports following the presser the morning. I'm not complaining because I was able to get money down on OGS at inflated odds that I couldn't have dreamed of yesterday.

I could be completely wrong but I think Randy and Faulkner will have seen the overwhelming fan reaction to the OGS speculation and will want to take full advantage of it given the horrendous PR disaster of the Mcleish appointment.

Having wanted Lambert more than anything at the start of the week I would now be so disappointed if we didn't get him. Call it hype or whatever but OGS seems like he would be the perfect choice for us at this time (and yes I did watch that documentary on him on youtube).