No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/norsk/artikkel.php?artid=10061758

From this i quote:

"- Det er opp til Aston Villa om det blir noe mer, jeg har bare snakket med dem, og regner med de snakker med flere. De er på jakt etter en manager. Skulle de ta kontakt får jeg ta stilling til det da, men det vil ikke stå noe privatfly å vente på meg. Det er sånn i livet at ting dukker opp, og da får man ta stilling til det, når det eventuelt skjer."

Translates to:

"Its up to Aston Villa if it goes further, i have only spoken to them, and i believe they are talking to others. They are after a manager. Should they make contact i would have to consider it, but it will not be a private jet waiting for me. Sometimes in life things accure and you will have to consider if it eventually happens" - OGS

Sorry for the bad translation, but it seems he will seriously consider if he is offered the job. The leader for Molde fk also says that he dont know if OSG still will be at Molde at the end of season.

OSG has also said today that he has had offers from clubs in the PL, clubs who will be in the Champions league next year and will in his opinion get through to the next stages and he has not considered leaving Molde. But he had to listen to a club as big as Aston Villa... Seems like he would take the job if he is offered to him.

Cheers Julie, missed that.

I'm a bit bipolar over this tbh. I cannot understand for one second how sending a plane over, then bringing him and an agent and OGS wife to meet Lerner and Faulkner would be just for talks, but I am typical Villa fan right now, it'll go wrong and be somebody who doesn't inspire.

My take on it is:-

1.Contact was made Olle was intersted - villa were keen

2.Olle Jets in - at this point Olle was keen to sign - and villa thought they had there man

3.The thorny topic of cash for players crops up - Olle Hesitates

4.Villa can't meet olle's demands - but Olle is in a pickle has he upset the powers at molde (not a problem when he boarded the jet as he thought he was leaving anyway)

5.All sides cook up a story where everyone saves face - ie these were only preliminary talks)

The thing is if we can't lure a bloke from a minnows league in Norway - don't hold your breath for Lambert \ Poyet \ Martinez

If you must gamble - the smart money has to be on Kevin McDonald.

I wondered this. Maybe he was told we havent got a pot to piss but if you sell Darren Bent/Gabby/Ireland/Nzogbia and get the wages down you can spend some of the money bought in???

At which point Ole went no thanks Im going home :lol:

Well THIS is Villa and as we all know ... nothing ever goes straight forward.

Ian taylor BTW has re-tweeted Jan Aage Fjortoft tweet just..... so I think he also has an inkling.

Remember he simply tweeted #CNZ some time before he actually signed last summer to give us all a big clue.

Reading a bit too much into this one I think...

Ian Taylor was the first to tweet saying OGS had turned us down and what s shame it was. He changed his tune about 5 minutes later when a million Villa fans put him right.

Unfortunately, in this instance I dont think Taylor has any inside information and is ITK as much as us.

You mean Collymore? Or did Taylor do it too?

Taylor tweeted the same as Collymore's about a minute later. I'd imagine he got his info from Collymore as I've noticed Taylor does re-write journalists tweets and passes them on as his own...

I think Lambert has thrown his hat into the ring but I think it's clear we want Ole!!

How do you know this?

he doesnt say he knows it, he says he thinks it

I think Pele has thrown his hat into the ring but I think it's clear we want Ole!!

I don't think there's anything more to know frankly. I doubt anyone is ITK on this aside from Randy and Faulkner. I think it's as we see it, we're exploring a couple of other options, had positive initial talks with OGS, didn't offer him anything and left it at that.

We'll talk to a couple of other candidates and assuming OGS is the firm favourite, we will contact him and Molde to make a firm offer. Then it's up to OGS really. I don't think there's some huge conspiracy or cover-up or that OGS doesn't want to come because we have no money for transfers or anything like that.

We'll just have to wait and see, hopefully by the end of next week we'll have more of an idea of what's going on.

Wouldn't be surprised if OGS isn't coming to Villa - would prefer Lambert anyway.

But if we cant lure OGS from a minor league in norway.......

What chance luring Lambert from Norwich .........slim id say

If this is what it seems your down to

Grayson

Lee Clark

Kevin Mcdonald

Lee Clark is supposed to be very outspoken - so couldn't see Faulkner going for him

Ian taylor BTW has re-tweeted Jan Aage Fjortoft tweet just..... so I think he also has an inkling.

Remember he simply tweeted #CNZ some time before he actually signed last summer to give us all a big clue.

Ian Taylor was the first to tweet saying OGS had turned us down and what s shame it was. He changed his tune about 5 minutes later when a million Villa fans put him right.

Unfortunately, in this instance I dont think Taylor has any inside information and is ITK as much as us.

Taylor tweeted the same as Collymore's about a minute later. I'd imagine he got his info from Collymore as I've noticed Taylor does re-write journalists tweets and passes them on as his own...

Oh, i only seen that he tweeted

Ian Taylor ‏@IanTaylor7

Understanding is that #Solskjaer has NOT turned job down. Would consider if #avfc made an offer. Still has 2 yrs left on contract

He must have deleted his original tweet?

My post a few pages back seems to have gone by unnoticed, so once again :)

As a NORWEGIAN that watched the entire press conference:

OGS never said that he was going to stay at Molde IF he got an job offer from Villa. He said that he hadnt received an offer and therefore had his focus on Molde. He told the media that his ambitions were to manage in the premier league, but that it had to be a club HE wanted to manage (not just any PL team). He informed us that he had already turned down a few PL clubs, meaning that Villa is the first one he has wanted to talk to.

Thanks K-C, so are the quotes "I have not had any offers," Solskjaer told a press conference. "I'm not looking for another job.

"In football, and in life in general, things turn up that you have to make decisions about. I have a contract for two more years and I'll stand by that." not correct?

Personally I'm not sold on him yet, so I'm not bothered either way as imo this would be the biggest gamble since Dr Jo however if he does come then I'll be happy to give 100% support.

They are correct. But seems to be taken a bit out of their true context and/or incorrectly translated.

F.example: "Im not looking for another job" is a direct translation of a norwegian sentence that really means "I have not been searching to find another job". Which is two different things. One implies that he is staying, the other is a reminder that this isnt something that he has applied for, but rather wanted to know more about.

First one is an answer to if he has received a contract proposal from villa and third quote I cant recall being in the same sentence.

The way I PERCEIVED him he was happy to stay if nothing materialised, but also excited about the prospect of managing Villa if they wanted his service.

Ian Taylor ‏@IanTaylor7

Understanding is that #Solskjaer has NOT turned job down. Would consider if #avfc made an offer. Still has 2 yrs left on contract

lol - yes, he tweeted this about 2 minutes after he tweeted about the "breaking news"! I'd like to think it was me who got him to do that as I did tweet him a couple of links, however in reality I was probably only one of a hundred who did the same...! :lol: 8)

We have money for Transfers.. Lerner has always said he'll pay for top money for the right player. Ole will probably get £30 million to rebuild when he arrives and he's the ideal man to keep wages down.

I think as mentioned earlier, Randy and Faulkner will talk to a couple more candidates and then make an offer to the onethey want. We just need to be a bit patient, we will know when there is more to know.

Ian Taylor ‏@IanTaylor7

lol - yes, he tweeted this about 2 minutes after he tweeted about the "breaking news"! I'd like to think it was me who got him to do that as I did tweet him a couple of links, however in reality I was probably only one of a hundred who did the same...! :lol: 8)

I tweeted Collymore along with loads of others, who i guess are from here. He also deleted his tweet and never spoke about it on air. He also removed the tweet that went something like " i never knew all you Villa fans could speak Norwegian"

But if we cant lure OGS from a minor league in norway.......

You know this how?

Seems to me you like spinning everything to make Lerner shit, without any evidence.

Perhaps we interviewed OGS and decided he wasn't for us, he didn't interview well whatever.

Put the below link through a translator and you'll see that Randy and Faulkner were both very impressed with OGS.

There is no smoke and mirrors here so lets stop twisting everything and use facts. OGS has not yet been offered a position because the Villa board don't want to speak to one person and offer it to one person. They want to interview others and that is the correct thing to do, regardless of whether they already know whether they are or are not going to offer OGS a job.

OGS interviewed well

Collymore really does alienate himself from Villa fans doesn't he..

he just seems so intent on having a go at us and wanting to piss us off....

very strange considering he is a fan...

maybe its because he feels guilty about being so utterly shit for us....

he's such a shit pundit never allowing anybody else to speak

I think as mentioned earlier, Randy and Faulkner will talk to a couple more candidates and then make an offer to the onethey want. We just need to be a bit patient, we will know when there is more to know.

Villa fans and patience dont mix :)