No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I kind of hope this doesnt go through, just to teach you godless gamblers a lesson.

It's not gambling when you have the edge, and as I got very good odds it isn't a gamble. Can't speak for all the other scallywags though...! :)

If someone came up to you and offered you a million quid if OGS became manager in return for 1 quid right now, you would give the dude a quid, mainly because you can afford to lose it and the potential benefit is huge. This is currently the same situation only slightly less extreme. :)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been offered a job at Aston Villa. We have simply met to get to know each other. They will also speak to other candidates and I do not know whats going to happen from here. So as of today I have two years left on my contract and I intend to stay

thats the important stuff right there - those sentences

nothing has changed from yesterday, and he hasnt turned us down

And they are pretty identical to quotes from just about any player in the world about whom there is some form of transfer speculation.

In fact not far different from what Downing said about a week before becoming a Liverpool player.

I give Collymore credit for making himself sound more important than his is 100% of the time that takes some effort.. Too bad almost everything he says under the guise of being important is bollocks.

Ha ha .... Talksport have just reported on their 2.30pm headlines.... the quotes from Eurosport article I tweeted to Mr Collymore about OSG...

"It's up to Aston Villa if there's going to be any more. I have only spoken to them, and I would expect that they will be talking to others.

"If they contact me I'll have to make a decision, but it's not like there's a private plane standing waiting,"

VT is taking over the world!!

From MM on H&V

Cue the abuse ! We have had informal talks and of course we are interested but we do not want to go down a blind alley and want to interview others with similar qualities but without speaking to them how do we know if they will fit and share the same visions . My understanding is 2 others are in the frame and OSG Has not been ruled out and certainly not been offered the job to turn it down . There has been interest where 1 decent manager has thrown his hat in the ring but not sure if he is even an option !

Villa have no issue with the mis-reporting as its helping them do what they need to do without it being public and things are going under the radar . Villa wish that the OGS story wasn't in the public because he isn't the only candidate available and will lead all Villa fans to think he is the preferred and only choice . He is not the only option he never was !

Unless those other candidates are AVB, Rafa, Ranieri or people of that ilk, just forget them and get OGS.

How much money have Sky/Skybet made through that? Such a scam...

How exactly? They put the price out massively and then lots of people put money on it. They stand to lose money over that, and probably quite a lot.

Bets would come in a lot, especially on Lambert. People then betting against OGS, to save their skin on previous bets for.

Unless those other candidates are AVB, Rafa, Ranieri or people of that ilk, just forget them and get OGS.

Thing is, We havent the money for Rafa, Ranieri wouldnt really bring excitement, and I suspect AVB will have bigger and better things to do.

So my conclusion....go get OGS!

I have two mates who want to get Season Tickets if OGS is appointed.... I suspect a lot of others will too.

From MM on H&V

Cue the abuse ! We have had informal talks and of course we are interested but we do not want to go down a blind alley and want to interview others with similar qualities but without speaking to them how do we know if they will fit and share the same visions . My understanding is 2 others are in the frame and OSG Has not been ruled out and certainly not been offered the job to turn it down . There has been interest where 1 decent manager has thrown his hat in the ring but not sure if he is even an option !

Villa have no issue with the mis-reporting as its helping them do what they need to do without it being public and things are going under the radar . Villa wish that the OGS story wasn't in the public because he isn't the only candidate available and will lead all Villa fans to think he is the preferred and only choice . He is not the only option he never was !

I like the sound of that, and if Lerner has any credibility left then he will do all he can to get the fans favorite after the disgrace of his last appointment and the rift that caused with the fans.

I have all the details to hand to renew my 2 season tickets online before the price increase deadline. Just waiting for the right appointment to be made before releasing my cash.

Klinsman, yes please

I wouldn't have ever ruled him out because Randy is apparently a big admirer.

I still think it has a good chance of being Ole though...

Fresh off the wire -

Tweet from his Norwegian strike partner....who was interviewed yesterday on SSN about OGS.

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft

My feeling: If Aston Villa offer Solskjær the job, Solskjær is Villa- manager 1st of June. #avfc #talksport

Cheers Julie, missed that.

I'm a bit bipolar over this tbh. I cannot understand for one second how sending a plane over, then bringing him and an agent and OGS wife to meet Lerner and Faulkner would be just for talks, but I am typical Villa fan right now, it'll go wrong and be somebody who doesn't inspire.

To do it so overtly suggests they wanted to see the fan reaction to OGS ?

Randy, it seems to be a resounding YES

So you want OGS now?

To do it so overtly suggests they wanted to see the fan reaction to OGS ?

Randy, it seems to be a resounding YES

Now, that CI did cross my mind and here is why..

He wanted to see what would happen, protests etc but know that because it seems we were right over Houllier, right over appointing McLeish and right on getting him out, it would seem he might feel it would seem like fan pressure for "us" to choose. So, he lets OGS go away up to their break and then we pick things up again.

And of course, they continue the search but come back to OGS in the end.