No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Julie, missed that.

I'm a bit bipolar over this tbh. I cannot understand for one second how sending a plane over, then bringing him and an agent and OGS wife to meet Lerner and Faulkner would be just for talks, but I am typical Villa fan right now, it'll go wrong and be somebody who doesn't inspire.

Also if it was just for talks you would think that as Randy has flown over to get him they may aswell just had talks over there surely?

everyone seen this i spose?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18126718

can't be arsed to read the last 10 pages :)

any reason we shoudl think that this isn't the terrible news it sounds like it is?

They have changed the title to that article three times in the last hour.. They posted that when news site twisted what OGS said at a press conference. Suddenly every website jumped on it and here we are now..

Well THIS is Villa and as we all know ... nothing ever goes straight forward.

Ian taylor BTW has re-tweeted Jan Aage Fjortoft tweet just..... so I think he also has an inkling.

Remember he simply tweeted #CNZ some time before he actually signed last summer to give us all a big clue.

I really have no idea tomaspg.

OGS would be fantastic though, I do not care if he leaves us in 2/3 years, I just want us in a better position, with better players, playing good football so we are in a position to attract somebody decent to carry it on. I actually do not think he will be united manager after Fergie though, maybe after that yes.. so if we can get him in and build something in his vision from bottom to top, it could really be one hell of a ride.

@JanAageFjortoft

My feeling: If Aston Villa offer Solskjær the job, Solskjær is Villa- manager 1st of June

Reliable ?

Norwegian International footballer, with 71 caps (also plied his trade with Swindon in the Premier League) and now working as a pundit for Sky Germany.

Very probably ITK about matters like this.

Ian taylor BTW has re-tweeted Jan Aage Fjortoft tweet just..... so I think he also has an inkling.

Remember he simply tweeted #CNZ some time before he actually signed last summer to give us all a big clue.

Reading a bit too much into this one I think...

Ian Taylor was the first to tweet saying OGS had turned us down and what s shame it was. He changed his tune about 5 minutes later when a million Villa fans put him right.

Unfortunately, in this instance I dont think Taylor has any inside information and is ITK as much as us.

From a PR standpoint OGS is the only way to go. He'd be the "fan's choice" therefore he'd probably get more time than someone like Martinez who the fans are divided on. He's a massive name as well so would definitely be good for attracting players.

@JanAageFjortoft

My feeling: If Aston Villa offer Solskjær the job, Solskjær is Villa- manager 1st of June

Reliable ?

Norwegian International footballer, with 71 caps (also plied his trade with Swindon in the Premier League) and now working as a pundit for Sky Germany.

Very probably ITK about matters like this.

If memory serves me correctly Fjortoft was also OGS strike partner at international level. I'd imagine they are still very close and so yes a good reliable source.

The key factor here now is "IF" offered the job. Make it happen Randy.

I'm a bit bipolar over this tbh. I cannot understand for one second how sending a plane over, then bringing him and an agent and OGS wife to meet Lerner and Faulkner would be just for talks, but I am typical Villa fan right now, it'll go wrong and be somebody who doesn't inspire.

My take on it is:-

1.Contact was made Olle was intersted - villa were keen

2.Olle Jets in - at this point Olle was keen to sign - and villa thought they had there man

3.The thorny topic of cash for players crops up - Olle Hesitates

4.Villa can't meet olle's demands - but Olle is in a pickle has he upset the powers at molde (not a problem when he boarded the jet as he thought he was leaving anyway)

5.All sides cook up a story where everyone saves face - ie these were only preliminary talks)

The thing is if we can't lure a bloke from a minnows league in Norway - don't hold your breath for Lambert \ Poyet \ Martinez

If you must gamble - the smart money has to be on Kevin McDonald.

Reading a bit too much into this one I think...

Ian Taylor was the first to tweet saying OGS had turned us down and what s shame it was. He changed his tune about 5 minutes later when a million Villa fans put him right.

Unfortunately, in this instance I dont think Taylor has any inside information and is ITK as much as us.

You mean Collymore? Or did Taylor do it too?

@JanAageFjortoft

Reliable ?

I agree, but I doubt he has any more information than the rest of us.. just taking a guess. They discussed it at length in this weeks Stang In, Dagbladet's internet football show, but didn't come with any new information.

Dagbladet is reporting that sources close to Villa says that Lerner & Faulkner's meeting with Solskjær lasted 4 hours and was a positive one. They are also quoting The Sun Daily Express who wrote that they were impressed with Solskjær.

link

My take on it is:-

1.Contact was made Olle was intersted - villa were keen

2.Olle Jets in - at this point Olle was keen to sign - and villa thought they had there man

3.The thorny topic of cash for players crops up - Olle Hesitates

4.Villa can't meet olle's demands - but Olle is in a pickle has he upset the powers at molde (not a problem when he boarded the jet as he thought he was leaving anyway)

5.All sides cook up a story where everyone saves face - ie these were only preliminary talks)

The thing is if we can't lure a bloke from a minnows league in Norway - don't hold your breath for Lambert \ Poyet \ Martinez

If you must gamble - the smart money has to be on Kevin McDonald.

I'm pretty sure cash for players would have been mentioned earlier, when propositioning in the first place.