No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best day of my season! Not only does it look as though OGS will become our manager, I stand to make a fortune out of it.

The second best day was McLeish being sacked...

Match days themselves suck compared to this!

He's not our manager yet!!! You'll jinx it. :|

I've seen a very nervous and quite pessimistic Mantis the last couple of days! Never seen him before... :lol:

I'm normally optimistic but these last 11 months I've been very much pessimistic (the McLeish effect). Now I'm just all over the place. I don't know what's going to happen. :P

How much money have Sky/Skybet made through that? Such a scam...

How exactly? They put the price out massively and then lots of people put money on it. They stand to lose money over that, and probably quite a lot.

My post a few pages back seems to have gone by unnoticed, so once again :)

As a NORWEGIAN that watched the entire press conference:

OGS never said that he was going to stay at Molde IF he got an job offer from Villa. He said that he hadnt received an offer and therefore had his focus on Molde. He told the media that his ambitions were to manage in the premier league, but that it had to be a club HE wanted to manage (not just any PL team). He informed us that he had already turned down a few PL clubs, meaning that Villa is the first one he has wanted to talk to.

Thanks K-C, so are the quotes "I have not had any offers," Solskjaer told a press conference. "I'm not looking for another job.

"In football, and in life in general, things turn up that you have to make decisions about. I have a contract for two more years and I'll stand by that." not correct?

Personally I'm not sold on him yet, so I'm not bothered either way as imo this would be the biggest gamble since Dr Jo however if he does come then I'll be happy to give 100% support.

The bookies will probably lose money if Randy gets an outsider that isn't OGS and does it completely under Trees' nose.

I would imagine they will make a lot of money if this happens. Remember, huge sums of money are going on OGS at the moment due to the hype that is out there.

If it is a manager that isn't OGS or Lambert then they pocket all the OGS money, and will only have to pay out a fraction of it to the very few people that put money on say Benitez to become our next manager.

My girlfriend just halved my potential winnings.

I showed her the Betfair website and the potential winnings and when I was out of the room she put another £10 on (with the intention of giving me the tenner as a present for myself) but instead layed the tenner at 9.4 as she didn't understand how it worked.

To say she has just got a stern lecture in the world of betting is an understatement. That could have been my savings down the pan!

I showed her the Betfair website and the potential winnings and when I was out of the room she put another £10 on (with the intention of giving me the tenner as a present for myself) but instead layed the tenner at 9.4 as she didn't understand how it worked.

To say she has just got a stern lecture in the world of betting is an understatement. That could have been my savings down the pan!

ooooo... not cool man. Very not cool.

I get the feeling Ian Taylor is feeding back information to the club.. I understand he is club Ambassador but I think he is feeding back opinions to the club and he is more involved than he makes out.

Ian Taylor ‏@IanTaylor7

Would #solskjaer be your choice? If not,who? #avfc

Ian Taylor ‏@IanTaylor7

Personally, I think he'd be a good appointment if it's a younger manager the club wants. It's definitely not over with. #solskjaer #avfc

maybe i'm reading too much into it.

Having just seen SSN's yellow bar before I bothered to read this, I wasn't too happy.

Having read this thread, it seems that the latest position is that :-

1. OGS is not taking the Villa job - because he hasn't been offered it so therefore CAN'T rather than WON'T

2. He isn't looking for a new job, but that in no way means that he wouldn't take a job that came looking for him

3. SSN have got it totally wrong

4. He has got two more years on a contract, so in the absence of being offered anything else, he'll carry on

Now that all just sounds like total common sense to me. I've been in jobs before but got a call out of the blue to attend an interview and I took the job. Wasn't looking, had no reason to look, but I changed anyhow. Fail to see how the situation is any different, aside from I got to my interview on the bus.

:crylaugh:

I have not been offered a job at Aston Villa. We have simply met to get to know each other. They will also speak to other candidates and I do not know whats going to happen from here. So as of today I have two years left on my contract and I intend to stay

thats the important stuff right there - those sentences

nothing has changed from yesterday, and he hasnt turned us down

The reason why I think OSG will be appointed is because of the (criteria) words used in PF's statement about the new management search. He used the words "reinvigorate" and "vibrancy," which could probably be applied to Martinez, Rodgers and OSG, and it seems that only OSG out of the three managers wants the job.

Lambert could well "reinvigorate" with his man management abilities, but I dont think that anyone would describe either him or his brand of football as "vibrant."

I get the feeling Ian Taylor is feeding back information to the club.. I understand he is club Ambassador but I think he is feeding back opinions to the club and he is more involved than he makes out.

Ian Taylor ‏@IanTaylor7

Would #solskjaer be your choice? If not,who? #avfc

Ian Taylor ‏@IanTaylor7

Personally, I think he'd be a good appointment if it's a younger manager the club wants. It's definitely not over with. #solskjaer #avfc

maybe i'm reading too much into it.

My theory is that OGS was always just one of a number of candidates. However, the reaction towards him potentially being our manager has been so positive that the board may just decide to go with him. I guess we'll find out on Monday.

Collymore has just apologised after we all sent him the links to Eurosport article.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

Correction. Aston Villa haven't offered Ole Gunnar Solskjaer anything. From as close to the horse's mouth as you can get. Apologies.

Collymore has just apologised after we all sent him the links to Eurosport article.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

Correction. Aston Villa haven't offered Ole Gunnar Solskjaer anything. From as close to the horse's mouth as you can get. Apologies.

Haha. Sit down shut up.