No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Randy may as well go if he gets this wrong, in my opinion the only man for the job now is AVB, if he's just going to appoint someone average Di Matteo, Curbs, Martinez just throw in John Gregory at least he loves the club and wouldnt be thinking about a cv.

I now feel also we should try to pull out all the stops to get AVB as you say, or maybe another top European manager we may have missed. I still wouldnt be averse to Martinez though. More than anything we need a manager who is creative with scouting and who can attract certain players.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh right must be something in it then if someone typed it on a message board.

Look I only said what had been typed on a message board and my post said "if it's true".... why get upset with my post if

everything posted on a message board is tosh?

If you don't want to take any notice of any supposed ITK from Gazton, MM or anyone else...then just dont' read it.

If someone has genuinely changed their mind at the last minute or AVFC have pulled out then it's no one's fault on VT

We'll just all have to wait and see.

Randy may as well go if he gets this wrong, in my opinion the only man for the job now is AVB, if he's just going to appoint someone average Di Matteo, Curbs, Martinez just throw in John Gregory at least he loves the club and wouldnt be thinking about a cv.

I now feel also we should try to pull out all the stops to get AVB as you say, or maybe another top European manager we may have missed. I still wouldnt be averse to Martinez though. More than anything we need a manager who is creative with scouting and who can attract certain players.

Whilst i'd love us to get AVB i can't see it happening/. If we can't attract OGS what chance do we have of convincing AVB?

Just seen Paul Lambert on SSN talking about his future. Seems pretty pissed off. Think he was denied the chance to speak to us?
I think he is pretty pissed off with all the questions to be honest and is probably as much in the dark as the fans of either club.

If he wanted to talk to us, he was encouraged to talk to us but his club refused him that chance then he knows what to do and I think he is not the type of manager or person to not do anything about it

I now feel also we should try to pull out all the stops to get AVB

What worries me about AVB is that all the players at CFC seemed to dislike him alot. Same goes with Di Matteo at WBA.

Randy and OGS seemed to be made for each other. Randy flies home to spend quality time with his family before OGS had even left Brum, and OGS puts his family before Villa as well. there's an expression that says "nice guys always finish second." You've got to be totally focused to the point of selfishness to succeed in the Premier league.

FWIW i don't think that Mr L went home last Friday. He flew in that direction, but I think that he ended up elsewhere. Where, i don't know, and whether it was Villa business, I don't know either. The law of averages says probably not, even though that is presumably his top priority at this time. It was the weekend, after all.

The only feeling that I have had through this is that OGS wasn't the only iron in the fire, something that he club pointed out in their press release last weekend.

So let's allow the glass half empty brigade their inaccurate feeding frenzy and wait and see.

But, as i often repeat, i am not an ITK and never have been.

What worries me about AVB is that all the players at CFC seemed to dislike him alot. Same goes with Di Matteo at WBA.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.......

When Bruce left Wigan he had them in 11th place allbeit on 45 points, dont think Martinez has better that? For the bulk of the season that I watched them I thought they were by far the worst team in the league but how come they can win so many of their last games and not the first ones? Huge bummer is right. Randy & Faulkner made to look like fools again. How much did we end up paying for McLeish? 2mil in compo was it. Theyd be better off throwing 4 at Molde and seeing how many tickets theyll want to sell then.

Not sure about that, Di Matteo did much better with Chelsea than AVB by getting the best out of the players rather than upsetting them. We saw with Houllier how successful coming in and upsetting everyone is. Either way I'm sure AVB will be eyeing up a much higher-profile job than the Villa, no matter how much Randy wanted him.

oh right must be something in it then if someone typed it on a message board.

Look I only said what had been typed on a message board and my post said "if it's true".... why get upset with my post if

everything posted on a message board is tosh?

If you don't want to take any notice of any supposed ITK from Gazton, MM or anyone else...then just dont' read it.

If someone has genuinely changed their mind at the last minute or AVFC have pulled out then it's no one's fault on VT

We'll just all have to wait and see.

I'm not blaming anyone on VT. I take everything any of the so called self proclaimed itk's say with a pinch of salt. Its the people that actually fall for what they say hook line and sinker that I feel sorry for be it on here or twitter.

My opinion is that Solskjaer was never plan A. I am hoping that plan A has though come to fruition and he has got wind of it and has pulled out stating family reasons to save face.

True, AVB did get the players backs up, but wasn't it 'the old guard'? Similar in a sense to the 'bad apples' we have here. Im more confident in AVB kicking these guys to touch than OGS. Having said that, Houllier didn't exactly unite the dressing room, did he? Guess the players are used to a lot of rope to play with.