No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I used to have a very reliable itk, no longer at the club mores the pity

Oh him.

Didn't he walk out 5 days before the beginning of the season :winkold:

Another case of 2 and 2 equaling 5 for you I think thetrees. It was not MON.

It was a joke Richard, surely you remember them?

When was the other case of 2 and 2 equalling 5? Please expand.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why everyone thinks he's our first choice. I'm pretty sure other managers in the country have already met with Lerner, completely under the radar (excuse the pun!), the only reason why we're assuming that OSG is the first choice is because he's the only one we know about, and all the furore in the Norwegian press (he's a legend over there) - there is no evidence to suggest that he was or is the first choice. If a manager from the continent flew into Heathrow on his own, then got the train up to Brum to speak with the club, it would be good fortune on the press's part to even pick up on this, and someone who comes for a meeting off his own back, rather than being practically chauffeured to the club is someone who I'd rather have. One option removes itself from the thinking, another option will appear. I think the club have learnt lessons from McLeish and understand that it's huge appointment for the club. They won't take the decision lightly.

On a sidenote, his record here and at Browns doesn't fill me with much confidence at the moment! Lets hope he bucks the trend.

So do we know now whether he turned us down or we turned him down?

I suspect he learned a little more about the job - and backed off.

Villa will say the job was never offered - which technically may be true - he was never in front of contract with faulkner saying sign here ...of that i am sure.

I would say he went off the villa - rather than villa going off him.

I also suspect that RDM will become our next manager.

not that anyone needs any more ITK's jumping into this thread :-)

but I'm trying to find out if RDM's future lies in London or not

Basically he asked was there any money, to which lerner replied, NO.. And OGS was no longer interested..

Easy said, hard to prove.

I suspect that this clear out we're seeing today is preparing the way for some good investment being given to the new manager. I can only guess but I think it's lazy to make the opposite conclusion.

The very mention of the phrase "smoke screen" really does instill the fear of God inside me. Lerner and Villa CLEARLY do not have the ability or want to introduce anything so cunning.

I'd disagree..

Remember when RL called off the talks with Ellis and high-tailed it back to the US? At that stage, all bets were off and we on VT were distraught.

Randy can play a good game of poker, of that I'm sure..

Grayson a young talented manager, ask Leeds fans and they'll tell you how talented he is.

I only know a couple of Leeds fans, both of whom were gutted when he left.

Look at Huddersfield - they sacked Lee Clark just to get Grayson installed. To finish Fourth in Div 1 this esason, with Charlton and both Sheffield clubs above you is a great achievement given the lack of money available, couple this with a Wembley date this weekend and he could be continuing to build on his (already strong) reputation.

To all the people chasing AVB - I suspect you all expected Ancellotti last year as well.

Face reality - we ARE NOT the draw that we used to be, we are a mid table side at best (in our current state), the sooner people realise this the better - it bloody pains me to type it but we really have to get real.

MoldeFK have milked this drama for all it's worth

I respectfully disagree.

I don't think the English contingent realises how big this is in Norway,and if OGS to Villa was big,then OGS withdrawing from the process is ten times bigger(when it wasn't for family reasons).So it's genuinely huge and not milking imo...

I think it's a fair statement that if Ole was offered the job on Friday he would have taken it and Molde wouldn't have had the chance/time to mount a counter offensive.

I'm very disappointed,I was really looking forward to a Norwegian manager in the PL.

Most ex footballers and experts here in Norway considers Villa the perfect club for Ole...oh well,bring on next year! :)

Remember when RL called off the talks with Ellis and high-tailed it back to the US? At that stage, all bets were off and we on VT were distraught.

Randy can play a good game of poker, of that I'm sure..

**** me that was one hand that he played almost 6 years ago. Since then certainly in terms of appointing managers its been one **** up after another. The same can also be said for the Browns.

Where's MM when you need him!

Told us to keep an eye on Mat Kendrick's press posts didn't he?

MK hasn't tweeted at all since last night & putting out the B'ham Mail article.

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

There is no suggestion that OGS was actually offered the job by Villa. Just that he no longer wishes to be considered for it

PF mentioned the criteria for our new manager .... vibrant, reinvigorating and inspirational. It sounds like he made that statement after they had identified OGS as their target. Who else can they have been thinking of when they told us what kind of manager they were going to appoint?

PF mentioned the criteria for our new manager .... vibrant, reinvigorating and inspirational. It sounds like he made that statement after they had identified OGS as there target. Who else can they have been thinking of when they told us what kind of manager they were going to appoint?

Paulo Di Canio?