No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TheTrees is getting some undeserved stick here.

He got a sniff of what was going on, and shared the info with us. We usually shout and moan when we know nothing, and TheTrees gave us something to work with. We then waded in and got ourselves onboard with the idea. He never once said to put money on OGS. That is for you as an individual to decide. I've just stuck some on as Bet365 are offering 20s. Thats my fault if it doesn't come off, but if does, quids in.

We're all very grateful for the snippets we get from our ITKs, and I for one have actually had my love of the Villa reinvigorated by this managerial chase. If we get OGS, great. If not, as I stated earlier, our number 1 target should be AVB. He was probably our number one target regardless as he's the highest profile manager we could 'feasibly' obtain. RDM for me is not the right choice, and I can't really see RL going for him. I could be wrong.

Im very intrigued by the whole situation.

To be fair, if you were getting odds of more than 10 to 1 it was well worth a punt. We had inside knowledge before the bookies so the odds didn't reflect the chances at that point.

When I looked he was odds on favourite to be appointed so it wasn't worth the risk anymore.

Well I'm pretty philosophical about all of this. I'm disappointed that it's looking 99% certain that OGS isn't going to be the next manager (and that I'll lose £50 to boot). He just seemed 'right'. Admittedly a good deal of the reasoning for this was an MUTV documentary, which was always going to show him in a good light, but the video was also reinforced by the positive views of the various Norwegians who posted on here. Some of the excitement was no doubt due to the fact that there is a very limited expectation amongst fans that we'll be able to attract a 'top' manager - for that reason a gamble seemed preferable to the possibility of settling for mediocrity. However....we don't know what the board have up their sleeve, we do know that in the last statement they said all the right things. It's still possible they'll appoint someone who catches us all off guard and who generates the same level of excitement as OGS. Alternatively, we could end up with Lambert, Martinez or Rodgers - all of whom would be great appointments. Until they do something to contradict the statement they put out, I'll continue to trust what they said - they want a manager that will restore a sense of excitement and vibrancy. I don't feel any animosity towards any of the ITK's - it's been an exciting few days, I've enjoyed following things on here, it's addictive. Bit annoying that some fans seem to be struggling to avoid gloating and almost seem to take pleasure in any negativity - on the other hand I feel fortunate that I have a more positive relationship with the club I love.

Anyone laying any blame at TT is wrong, he just reported where the plane was.

At least it has livened this forum from the doom and gloom we all felt under Mcleish, in the end an inexperienced ex ManU player doesn't want the job, pretty sure TT had nothing to do with his decision.

I don't blame anyone, RL has a big decision to make so he shouldn't be blamed for not rushing in and nor should OGS, if he felt he couldn't do the job for whatever reason then it's right he asked not to be considered.

Time to move on.

Everything is just weird,turned on its head and I don't buy it,but I have no idea what is really going on.

Why would (the equivalent of) £1m to buy a player change his mind? If the Villa debacle hadn't happened these money would have already been available to him so not really an OMG moment for OGS at all.

I get that Ole will not manage Villa,but everything leading up to that is so unclear I hope the thread stays open until tonight at least,after the PC...

I still have a feeling there's something important we don't know or think we know,I hope that will be uncovered later today.

Cheers. :cheers:

To be honest I'm sure thetrees doesnt really care.

I have an ITK at the Samaritans and they recently spotted Tree's car in their car park

just saying like ....

I think people having a go at TheTrees should leave him alone. I mean, it's not like he's cost numerous members of Villatalk £1,000's of their hard earned money is it? Besides, he is retiring so we won't have to endure this nightmare ever again :winkold:

Just kidding TT! I think it is good to have guys who can give us some kind of information. ****, it is wasn't for people like him, Gazton & MM we would only ever know whether something is happening via the OS and that is about as much use as Alex McLeish's manual on the history of Dutch football tactics!

I was here when thetrees first joined VT and started giving out little nibbles of information based on what he did for a living. The guy has been brilliant for all who use this board and has given us a lot of hope over the years.

Anyone who even remotely says any different is an idiot IMO. Keep at it, dude.

Maybe i'm blind, but i havent really seen anyone have a dig at TT... apart from a comment from Richard?
Which wasn't even a dig by the way!

Oh and I did not make the comment that Lerner should look for another airport that was tweeted (I think) elsewhere !!!

Amazing really how things develop on here. Someone posts something and before you know it it is gospel, sign of how the board has been over the last week I think.

To be honest I'm sure thetrees doesnt really care.

I have an ITK at the Samaritans and they recently spotted Tree's car in their car park

just saying like ....

I think your ITK isn't ITK at all because my ITK at Betfair says that he saw the company janitor at the head office putting up a "RESERVED FOR THETREES" parking place sign alongside that of the Chief Executive!

I think it's simple AVFC have not approached OGS.

Only thing that makes sense,Ole was simply just one of many candidates and at no point a front runner at all,then the situation took on a life of its own.

Then everything got blown out of proportions with the jet,but that was actually explained as the best way to give Ole the most time possible to prepare for Molde's next game.

Absolutely.

Trees posted facts. If anyone chooses to bet it is up to them.

Fully agree not aportioning blame, just saying a little info can be dangerous

thetrees, as someone who made a tidy wedge using your information to back and then trade out, I just want to express my sincere thanks for the heads up, and hope that in no way take to heart the abuse you are suffering from people who clearly spend their afternoons picking fleas from their family members.