No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not, all these brilliant chairmen will make mistakes, the difference is they ensure nobody knows about it.

they kept it quiet as RL/PF havent made any statements or quotes saying they want OGS. news only filtered through because of ITK posts about Randy's jet being in norway

But being as there is history of people tracking RL's plane, do you think it might just have occurred to them to send a different plane to pick him up?

It's probably in the CIA 101 of how not to get discovered! It's not like we don't have US Military experience on the board.

JulieB, thats all well and good, however my point has nothing to do with Molde, it's the constant dithering our board do. If you want OGS, you fly out to meet him, you bring him back, get the deal done. This interview process is bollocks, you have a list of 5 targets, my no1 is XXX, try for him don't get him, move on no 2 XXX.

When a manager is under contract with another club.

What happens if they just say NO??! Give the manager a big fat payrise & give him £1M to buy a new striker - which is big money to MoldeFK.

Like what happened with Moyes last 2 summers running! EFC just said NO or persuaded him to just say NO...it was kept behind closed doors.... MoldeFK have milked this drama for all it's worth - which Lerner & Co will not be happy with.

eg in a similar player scenario - Chelsea wanted Modric last summer IIRC - Levy dug his heels in last year and said NO you're not leaving - it worked

Best thing we could do now is hire are next manager right now as everyone seems to be sure we have interviewed a few surely RL knows who is second choice. Otherwise this conference tonight could make us look bad.

Di Matteo didn't win the Champions League. Chelsea won it after he took over and said "play like you did before AVB came in".

I would like to think there's an ace up the sleeve. Sadly, as history dictates, the ace up the sleeve is 90% going to be **** shit.

To everyone who has sent me PM's, I'm not going to reply to you all individually so I'll just say this...

I've said as much as I know in this thread. I'm not holding anything back. I won't say who my source is but you've probably all worked it out by now if you've read my previous bits of info.

However, it's unlikely that I'll get clarification from my guy on anything before the weekend. I've told a mod who my source is and he'll understand why I won't have more info.

If I do hear anything, I promise you'll all know very shortly after. Sorry :)

popcorn.gif

Nothing has changed, as far as I'm concerned. There's a charade being played out.

Is it a book, a film, or a TV show?

Stage play. A tragedy in four acts:

I. Lightbulb Moment

II.The Chase

III. Dashed Against The Rocks

IV. Meet Mick

:lol:

Yesterday I thought that Decks post was very funny. Today it seems to be prophetic as well.

Similar to the martinez circus last time we tried to appoint a manager

We all know who we ended up with last time

This is my real big worrie hope we have a good ace up randys sleeve or this. Oils be 12 months ago all I've again :)

However, it's unlikely that I'll get clarification from my guy on anything before the weekend.

In terms of Solskjaer it might as well be next century as be the weekend. This is dead in the water and the final act will be when Molde and Solskjaer hold there press conference this afternoon hailing him staying when the truth is I don’t believe he was ever offered the job so there was in reality no decision to be made in terms of leaving.

Molde have played this well though and turned us speaking with him in to a positive for them.

I used to have a very reliable itk, no longer at the club mores the pity

Oh him.

Didn't he walk out 5 days before the beginning of the season :winkold:

Another case of 2 and 2 equaling 5 for you I think thetrees. It was not MON.

It's going to be Roberto Di Matteo IMO.

I can see the statement now "Champions League winner, the man to lead us back to glory"...

Gutted.

This OGS is dead IMO :cry:

Whilst not wishing to seem like a doom-monger, I also suspect that RDM will become our next manager.

He was a disaster at the Baggies - ask any ST holder and they will agree, they were glad to see the back of him, thought of as a bit of a joke by both players and fans apparently.

He succeeded with Chelsea more because of who he wasn't (AVB).

The level at which AVB was detested at Chelsea was unparalelled, any change of Manager, especially to someone still held dear by the players (most of whom have played with him) would have seen an upsurge in fortunes at the Bridge.

To be honest, they were lucky to get past Barca and as lucky to beat Bayern, but, credit to them, they did a job and won the CL, but look at their league form...

One saved penalty away from no CL football at Stamford Bridge - yeah that would have gone down well.

RDM - not for me, I would rather have Simon Grayson, a talented young Manager and worthy of a chance - just my opinion before people start slating him.

The way I see this is that Im not 100% sure this isn't dead. Could be a smoke screen to cover the final two games of the Norwegian season so OGS and Rokke save face. When the two games are up, Solskjaer might walk, freeing him up to walk straight into the Villa job.

This may sound far fetched, but its my take on it. Something doesn't feel right about the whole situation. I don't think Randy thought his jet was going to cause as much attention as it did. Possibly a bit naive.

Having said that, if the deal is off, then Im sure Randy has a plan in place. OGS may, for all we know, be Plan B.

For me, if OGS is not coming, then I think Randy might be further down the line with AVB than we gave him credit for. AVB is clearly the biggest manager we could realistically obtain.

Randy isn't that stupid (cue 'he appointed McLeish... I know). He'll be aware of the furore contained on this thread about our feelings towards OGS. He's young, vibrant, exciting, something different. The only thing some people are concerned by is his lack of experience. AVB is everything OGS is, but with added experience. He'd be the only manager that would be seen as a step up from OGS in most supporters eyes.

Surely he won't make the same mistake twice by getting our hopes up and then hiring Mick McCarthy. Perhaps Im giving him too much credit. Im certainly not jumping on the 'sack the board' bandwagon.

I just feel that there's more to this story than meets the eye.

i suspect if ole was not offered the job, he will say as much... i think the few comments that he has made have been very respectful of the process....

imho, he has been a class act through all this, but now he has been told to piss or get off the pot... with what he has in front of him (or more importantly what he doesn't have), it was probably a very simple decision for him....