No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Well,I for one am glad that OGS turned the Villa job down. It shows that he knows what he is about. He knows that he would need much much more experiance to take a Premier League team to midway in the table while cutting wages and going for free agents.

I have no doubt at all that one day he will be a great manager ....................just not right now.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do need to be 18 to put bets on in this country, and at 18 you are at he age of full responsibility for your actions.

My original said 2+2=5 for YOU thetrees, if anyone else wanted to bet on OGS then yes that is their issue. But you lumped on too I think?

Richard, the inference was that the information that I gave was wrong, and it wasn't. I appreciate that it is difficult for you to climb down on that point.

I am 'lumped on' a number of candidates, so am currently at 10 + 10 = 25 :lol:

Honestly that wasn't the intended inference at all, how could it have been as we all know that the Lerner jet did go and pick up oGS, I have referenced it several times today so no that wasn't the inference.

2+2=5 was absolutely about OGS was going to be our new manager.

Can people lay off thetrees, he provided some information just as he did last time, however because this time it wasn't quite right, lets blame him for all the bets placed do me a favour. I didn't place a bet but i believed his information which sort of proves its up to the individual whether he places a bet or not.

Trees has proven again, that a little knowledge in the wrong hands is dangerous

I dont recall at anytime last friday thetrees saying OGS is going to be the new manager get your money on it. He did tell us that his jet was going close to where OGS lives and was returning. Everything was pure speculation.

Tweets saying the odds are dropping on OGS again.

What the heck is going on? Is this just bookies keeping the story alive to make some more dosh?

People really don't understand betting, do they? Odds depend initially on the bookies' knowledge and insight, but from thereon reflect the betting patterns of the public. If 10,000 people simultaneously went and put £100 on Mr Blobby to become the next AVFC manager it would drop his odds...it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Randy may as well go if he gets this wrong, in my opinion the only man for the job now is AVB, if he's just going to appoint someone average Di Matteo, Curbs, Martinez just throw in John Gregory at least he loves the club and wouldnt be thinking about a cv.

So if Randy can't get AVB then he should leave AVFC?

If he can't persuade a manager who won the quadruple in Portugal, including becoming the youngest ever European silverware-winning manager, and who then went to Chelsea and is now sitting pretty on a nice settlement package, biding his time for a top European job...

Give me a break.

Im sorry but no one else can get us where we need to be. (off the top of my head) i.e. challenging for honours. If it was Mr. Lerners ambition when he bought this fine club to finish top 6 while getting the odd trip to Wembley sure he can stay but thats not acceptable for me. I want to be top of the pile and if Mr. Lerner cant provide that then imo its better for everyone if he moves on. Im not saying I'm not grateful for what hes done. Obviously I dont expect immediate success and would have given OGS sufficient time as in 2 years before Id expect to be where Fulham are.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon with AVB but it's not going to happen. No one outside of Villa fans are even considering this possibility!!!

To mention him is ludicrous...he is not going to go from Porto > Chelsea > Villa. If this had been just after MON left, and we were 3x 6th place finishes and League Cup finalists, then possibly as he'd be looking to kick on to top 4. But not in our current situation and with our current squad...he will have much more attractive options available unfortunately.

Let me understand this:

thetrees saw where the plane was going worked out why. Looked up the odds fancied a tenner on them but hey it didnt work out he is a master criminal??

Surely if he was so gung ho and sure of himself he would have lumped his life savings on it?

Aston Villa Central ‏@avfccentral

i wonder whether randy could find another airport to operate out of, one where some dick won't spill the beans whenever he flies in & out

thetrees getting stick on twitter, fk the haters keep the info coming..

Aston Villa Central ‏@avfccentral

i wonder whether randy could find another airport to operate out of, one where some dick won't spill the beans whenever he flies in & out

thetrees getting stick on twitter, fk the haters keep the info coming..

It was always going to happen if OGS didn't get the job. People were too quick to lay bets/get their hopes up. Yes i got my hopes up, but i don't blame him. Others are just looking to blame him for them losing money. He called it how he saw it, he never added anymore to the story.

the trees, just ignore the fucktards and cretins on here giving you a hard time, most of us 'normal' and 'sound of mind' people - or adults as we are better known - appreciate what you are doing mate

:thumb:

thetrees gave factual information about the plane which was spot on before anyone knew about it. Then he gave his opinion that he though OGS would be the prime candidate for the next villa manager based on his information. This ladies and gents was an opinion. What you did this with opinion was your own fault...

Looked up the odds fancied a tenner on them but hey it didnt work out he is a master criminal??

Anybody said that or anything remnotely like it? You all need to calm down immensely, I know passions are running high at the minute. I made a comment to him this morning following on from a comment he made to me, nothing to see here actually and being blown out of all proportion which is a measure of the current state of minds on VT I think!

And actually leads to one reason why the removal of OGS from the running (let me be diplomatic and put it that way) is a lshame really.

Let me be honest, I did not want him. He was not my first choice, I did not have a bet on him BUT the majority of fans on here wanted him. The small percentage for whom he was not first choice would have given him a chance and backing so that was as close as you could get to fans being united. And after having vast divisions at the club / fan base in the last two years that united position was not something to be sniffed at. It was an opportunity for the club to start to move ahead.

The fact that OGS will not now be our manager, and the great sense of disappointment amongst large swathes of the VT community that comes with that leads to the fear that the bloke that does get appointed will be seen by some as a poor second choice (he may actually be seen by all as a poor second choice if Lerner and Faulkner cock up again but there you go)

Whatever happens I hope the chance to build on an almost united fanbase has not gone begging

OGS is officially off the radar, so let"s concentrate on who the next candidate is ?

We are a decent sized club, surely it should not be too hard to attract a decent manager ???