No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

MM has just said that we never offered OGS the job to turn down.

Looks like WE pulled the plug on this one.

Whilst I am convinced a "formal" offer was not made, I am not sure the facts point to the second bit of your statement to be true.

Lets see...

Lerner arranged for OGS to fly out to Brum for a chat - what do you think that was about then? Comparing SAF letters? No it was to discuss the Villa job, what Lerner's ambitions and goals for Villa are what he would expect a amanager to offer and what tools the manager would have

Lerner flew "towards" the states and OGS flew back ( I suspect with the instruction "think about it and let me know after the weekend if you are interested")

OGS went away , thought about the conversation they had just had and then after the weekend said "Not interested thanks" with the exscuse that he did not want to uproot his family.

Where has anything happened to suggest we pulled the plug, OGS actually pulled the plug FACT. and OGS and Lerner had a discussion last week. FACT

Maybe Lerner went away and thought he's not right for the job and declined to offer him the position.

At least we can say 1 of us is right.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really pissed off that we didn't just go for him. I'm not going to start calling for Randy to go or anything but I'm getting pretty fed up with them right now. What the **** are they doing?

Well, on the basis that RL and/or PF have actually met and held discussions with OGS (rather than just watching a YouTube video and whipping themselves up into a frenzy), one has to assume that they know more about him than you and have valid reasons for not pushing more aggressively for a deal.

I used to have a very reliable itk, no longer at the club mores the pity

Oh him.

Didn't he walk out 5 days before the beginning of the season :winkold:

Another case of 2 and 2 equaling 5 for you I think thetrees. It was not MON.

It was a joke Richard, surely you remember them?

When was the other case of 2 and 2 equalling 5? Please expand.

Thanks for the courtesy Richard.

We'll put that one down as a PFE then :D

Again with the jumping to conclusions, not PFE at all but as there are numerous posts today to catch up on you'll excuse me for not responding immediately?

The 2+2 =5 comment was reference to your leading the charge on lumping on OGS at big odds certain he would be our new manager.

To be fair, i don't think Trees ever said OGS WOULD be the manager. He just told us that Randy's jet was going to Norway.

Which it was, we know that. And it was for OGS. Trees never went beyond that.

So for him, his 2 + 2 very much equalled 4.

If people then became certain it would be OGS as a result of that then that's their problem, not thetrees

I used to have a very reliable itk, no longer at the club mores the pity

Oh him.

Didn't he walk out 5 days before the beginning of the season :winkold:

Another case of 2 and 2 equaling 5 for you I think thetrees. It was not MON.

It was a joke Richard, surely you remember them?

When was the other case of 2 and 2 equalling 5? Please expand.

Thanks for the courtesy Richard.

We'll put that one down as a PFE then :D

Again with the jumping to conclusions, not PFE at all but as there are numerous posts today to catch up on you'll excuse me for not responding immediately?

The 2+2 =5 comment was reference to your leading the charge on lumping on OGS at big odds certain he would be our new manager.

I provided factual information-it did come true, if you recall which, in that case at least makes 2+2= 4. I think that therefore makes your '=5' comment completely wrong.

I agree that my factual informationprobably created the charge, but i can hardly be accused of leading.

You do need to be 18 to put bets on in this country, and at 18 you are at he age of full responsibility for your actions.

Not a case of leading the charge on lumping on OGS at big odds certain that Lerner's plane was going to Kristiansund?

Not quite the same thing.

Whilst I am convinced a "formal" offer was not made, I am not sure the facts point to the second bit of your statement to be true.

Lets see...

Lerner arranged for OGS to fly out to Brum for a chat - what do you think that was about then? Comparing SAF letters? No it was to discuss the Villa job, what Lerner's ambitions and goals for Villa are what he would expect a amanager to offer and what tools the manager would have

Lerner flew "towards" the states and OGS flew back ( I suspect with the instruction "think about it and let me know after the weekend if you are interested")

OGS went away , thought about the conversation they had just had and then after the weekend said "Not interested thanks" with the exscuse that he did not want to uproot his family.

Where has anything happened to suggest we pulled the plug, OGS actually pulled the plug FACT. and OGS and Lerner had a discussion last week. FACT

Maybe Lerner went away and thought he's not right for the job and declined to offer him the position.

At least we can say 1 of us is right.

Not sure in that case you would have OGS making the statement that he's no longer interested .

Lets see...

You seem to put a negative spin or slant on anything to do with the board, why is this?

There is x number of reasons what did or didn't happen, why do they all have to be negative i dont understand?

Lets see...

Some of this may be fact but you do not know whether they are facts or not - FACT

OGS pulled the plug? You dont even know if there was a plug to pull. OGS might be one candidate of several to be interviewed the only difference is that we know of this one.

There is so much conjecture in your post to reach the conclusion you have come to and yet you will happily convince yourself its actually what happened.

You do need to be 18 to put bets on in this country, and at 18 you are at he age of full responsibility for your actions.

My original said 2+2=5 for YOU thetrees, if anyone else wanted to bet on OGS then yes that is their issue. But you lumped on too I think?

Really pissed off that we didn't just go for him. I'm not going to start calling for Randy to go or anything but I'm getting pretty fed up with them right now. What the **** are they doing?

Well, on the basis that RL and/or PF have actually met and held discussions with OGS (rather than just watching a YouTube video and whipping themselves up into a frenzy), one has to assume that they know more about him than you and have valid reasons for not pushing more aggressively for a deal.

We've also only been without a manager for 10 days. I don't understand why people are panicking. Liverpool and West Brom haven't filled their manager positions either and are probably at a similar stage of recruitment as us. Solskjaer is the only one we know that has been interviewed and that was just by pure chance that Treesy works at the airport. I can be certain that the club hasn't spent the last 10 days just trying to get Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and he's stuck two fingers up at them. It sounds like they have someone they prefer to Solskjaer and are taking their time to make sure it is done properly.

There is x number of reasons what did or didn't happen, why do they all have to be negative i dont understand?

The board have not done much positive in the last few years, so admittedly I do tend to use past experiences to forecast current or future events.

However, what I have said there is my opinion on what has happened, agree with some of it or not, thats up to you.

It's hilarious the way people assume things (all that conjecture). I'm a bit gutted because I've lost money, if I had won the money I was going to put a little bit on us to get relegated next season too. OGS was exciting because it could have been inspired, but it might have gone terribly too. Just look at Ianrobo on astonnewsviews making out it was a done deal for a week and tweeting every few minutes saying the same things, some of these reactions are delerious considering all anyone can really go on regarding OGS's ability to manage Villa is a youtube video made by MUFC and one season managing Molde.

I really liked this option with OGS but why go mental at Randy because he's not going to be the manager? We only know about OGS because of the whole plane thing - and that's quite amazing, the way the whole thing escalated from a poster on villatalk - why do some people always have to find a scape-goat? Bit of patience maybe.

Lets see...

Some of this may be fact but you do not know whether they are facts or not - FACT

OGS pulled the plug? You dont even know if there was a plug to pull. OGS might be one candidate of several to be interviewed the only difference is that we know of this one.

There is so much conjecture in your post to reach the conclusion you have come to and yet you will happily convince yourself its actually what happened.

Well most people are expressing their opinion today on this and other villa related stuff, and it is true that most of those opinions are based on conjecture.

But I think the only two things I have said in my post as FACT are undeniable really aren't they?

I mean OGS has come out today and said he is no longer interested hasn't he and effectively pulled the plug on any deal (potential or not)

We also know that he had a discussion with Lerner last week dont we? So I thin k those two are facts really.

Tweets saying the odds are dropping on OGS again.

What the heck is going on? Is this just bookies keeping the story alive to make some more dosh?

People really don't understand betting, do they? Odds depend initially on the bookies' knowledge and insight, but from thereon reflect the betting patterns of the public. If 10,000 people simultaneously went and put £100 on Mr Blobby to become the next AVFC manager it would drop his odds...it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Randy may as well go if he gets this wrong, in my opinion the only man for the job now is AVB, if he's just going to appoint someone average Di Matteo, Curbs, Martinez just throw in John Gregory at least he loves the club and wouldnt be thinking about a cv.

So if Randy can't get AVB then he should leave AVFC?

If he can't persuade a manager who won the quadruple in Portugal, including becoming the youngest ever European silverware-winning manager, and who then went to Chelsea and is now sitting pretty on a nice settlement package, biding his time for a top European job...

Give me a break.

Im sorry but no one else can get us where we need to be. (off the top of my head) i.e. challenging for honours. If it was Mr. Lerners ambition when he bought this fine club to finish top 6 while getting the odd trip to Wembley sure he can stay but thats not acceptable for me. I want to be top of the pile and if Mr. Lerner cant provide that then imo its better for everyone if he moves on. Im not saying I'm not grateful for what hes done. Obviously I dont expect immediate success and would have given OGS sufficient time as in 2 years before Id expect to be where Fulham are.

My original said 2+2=5 for YOU thetrees, if anyone else wanted to bet on OGS then yes that is their issue. But you lumped on too I think?

Richard, the inference was that the information that I gave was wrong, and it wasn't. I appreciate that it is difficult for you to climb down on that point.

I am 'lumped on' a number of candidates, so am currently at 10 + 10 = 25 :lol:

He's right thetress, you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Next time, put the bet on after a manager's been appointed. Makes it less of a gamble that way too.

McLeish was sacked on the Monday.

We spoke to OGS on the Tuesday about the job, and then he came over on Friday.

We also spoke to MM and the the bloke from Portugal

We havent spoke to Lambert

Have we spoke to Martinez?

Have we spoke to AVB?

Have we spoke to Grayson or Kmac.

I doubt we would have spoken to DiMatteo before Saturday

If we spoke to OGS on tuesday you would have thought that the club would have tried to speak to all likely candidates last week, certainly by this week. You would have hoped we had some kind of shortlist by now and an idea of whom we wanted as we have said that OGS was not the prime candidate. I get the feeling this one could come out of left field.

For some reason and I don't really know why...I read the first part of this to the tune of Craig David Seven Days...

He's right thetress, you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Next time, put the bet on after a manager's been appointed. Makes it less of a gamble that way too.

:lol::lol:

Was thinking the same thing....