No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, people are asking why am I still hopeful.

Yesterday I was told it was done, but that there was going to be drama attached. Hence my comment yesterday about a charade.

Now, I have not had it confirmed or denied that last night was part of the drama I was told to expect. News broke late and I can't contact my guy right now.

It's possible that it's over, but it might not be; hence me saying 'don't lock the thread' rather than 'it's still on'.

I hadn't seen this post earlier from Gazton.

At no point have we said that Ole was the number one choice, we have always said that we have other targets to see. So I don't think we as a club don't end up looking too silly in all of this at the moment. I can only hope that Randy and Faulkner have other good quality targets lined up for the job, and that they are not too far from being appointed. I just hope it doesn't turn into last seasons fiasco again, and we end up with plan z. If that is the case, then lessons have not been learnt.

What we seem to know is :

OGS said he would take the job if offered

we didn't offer it

I'm not really sure why that makes Lerner / Faulkner or even OGS bad guys

if Lerner then appoints McCarthy then yeah lets burn Villa Park down , but meanwhile lets have fun in the next round of the speculation game

Ok, people are asking why am I still hopeful.

Yesterday I was told it was done, but that there was going to be drama attached. Hence my comment yesterday about a charade.

Now, I have not had it confirmed or denied that last night was part of the drama I was told to expect. News broke late and I can't contact my guy right now.

It's possible that it's over, but it might not be; hence me saying 'don't lock the thread' rather than 'it's still on'.

I hadn't seen this post earlier from Gazton.

And whilst this may sound rude and I hope Gazton doesn't take it this way as it's not intended to be as insulting as this possibly sounds - but what would Gazton know? Seriously - if this last week has taught any of you gullible people it's not to believe people posting silly cryptic messages that can come across as attention seeking nothing. Not the case with Gazton - but this constant stream of 'ITK' bollocks twitter accounts from people basically seeing what they see in the newspapers is ridiculous. Nobody knows whats going on and the pretend otherwise and cling on to some faceless names on the internet is not the way to go about it.

Gazton posted a week before Ireland signed that it was a deal done. Anybody on this message board could have done that. It had been in the papers for weeks.

The non-communication toward the fans in the AVFC is probably one of the biggest problem within the club, at least within the fanbase.

they did issue a press release to say they weren't going to comment on speculation regarding the new manager .. they only commented on OGS because of the Plane Spotter media fest ..

I'd like them to respond because at the moment we are being kinda made to looks small time by the media with "OGS turns down Villa" headlines .. but as has already been pointed out , how can you turn down something that wasn't offered to you ?

Someone's just tweeted that VT is on suicide watch over all this..... :)

Come on guys... chin up, tits out and all that.

If OGS' got a big fat payrise & been blackmailed by MoldeFK not to leave, then we can't do too much about it IMHO.

There is something going on I am sure about it.

If its to do with Ole Gunner Solskjær or not I don't know but this seems to have been a very very good distraction for us all whist the real target is sorted out.

Just my opinion but I feel Friday will be a big day

JulieB, thats all well and good, however my point has nothing to do with Molde, it's the constant dithering our board do. If you want OGS, you fly out to meet him, you bring him back, get the deal done. This interview process is bollocks, you have a list of 5 targets, my no1 is XXX, try for him don't get him, move on no 2 XXX.

@JanAageFjortoft give me some words of hope that ole could still come to aston villa........ ? is there any hope?

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft

@Rob_Hallmark no....

So , there you go the bloke on Twitter who was wrong before has now said it's over

this ITK lark is quite easy when you think about it :-)

I think last nights conversation must have gone something like this:

Faulkner: So Ole, the jobs yours if you want it.

Ole: Brilliant, where do i sig... WHOAH hang on, part of the agreement was that Heskey would be gotten rid of before I agreed to anything!

Faulkner: Well, yes yes he's going in the morning.

Ole: Forget it bud, I ain't signing shit til he's gone!

So as I see it, now that stumbling block is out of the way - he'll agree to be our manager later today!! Yay, happy times!

Its not, all these brilliant chairmen will make mistakes, the difference is they ensure nobody knows about it.

they kept it quiet as RL/PF havent made any statements or quotes saying they want OGS. news only filtered through because of ITK posts about Randy's jet being in norway

@JanAageFjortoft give me some words of hope that ole could still come to aston villa........ ? is there any hope?

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft

@Rob_Hallmark no....

So , there you go the bloke on Twitter who was wrong before has now said it's over

this ITK lark is quite easy when you think about it :-)

:lol: Nobody knows anything do they?

I am just worried who our second choice is. Hopefully RL has played a blinder and has been hiding his ace up his sleeve all along.

History dictates otherwise we ended up with a manager like McLeish last time i do not think lerner is this smart.