No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grayson a young talented manager, ask Leeds fans and they'll tell you how talented he is.

I only know a couple of Leeds fans, both of whom were gutted when he left.

Look at Huddersfield - they sacked Lee Clark just to get Grayson installed. To finish Fourth in Div 1 this esason, with Charlton and both Sheffield clubs above you is a great achievement given the lack of money available, couple this with a Wembley date this weekend and he could be continuing to build on his (already strong) reputation.

To all the people chasing AVB - I suspect you all expected Ancellotti last year as well.

Face reality - we ARE NOT the draw that we used to be, we are a mid table side at best (in our current state), the sooner people realise this the better - it bloody pains me to type it but we really have to get real.

Simon Grayson was SACKED! The football he played was dreadful already had a Leeds fan predicting relegation for us when he's employed!

My feeling is that they did make it clear he was first choice but Molde have made it as difficult as possible for him, and he's decided to have a go at qualifying for the Champions League, with the family reasons just an excuse to save everyone's reputation. He's still young after all and will get a chance at some point in the Premier League, no need for him to rush. It would have been nice if it came off but shit happens.

The very mention of the phrase "smoke screen" really does instill the fear of God inside me. Lerner and Villa CLEARLY do not have the ability or want to introduce anything so cunning.

I'd disagree..

Remember when RL called off the talks with Ellis and high-tailed it back to the US? At that stage, all bets were off and we on VT were distraught.

Randy can play a good game of poker, of that I'm sure..

I aggree, you dont get to the positions that lerner has in his life unless you know how to "roll the dice" and "play the game"

to think otherwise is just pure stupidity !

The very mention of the phrase "smoke screen" really does instill the fear of God inside me. Lerner and Villa CLEARLY do not have the ability or want to introduce anything so cunning.

I'd disagree..

Remember when RL called off the talks with Ellis and high-tailed it back to the US? At that stage, all bets were off and we on VT were distraught.

I aggree, you dont get to the positions that lerner has in his life unless you know how to "roll the dice" and "play the game"

You do realise he inherited his wealth don't you? He didn't earn it.

I am not fussed OGS is not coming personally always wanted Lambert better fix for Villa. Got a sneaky bet on AVB too dunno why but he is the guy they could have been talking to since the Bolton game, with him being out of contract no compensation to pay. Somebody must be telling them to let Guzan/Cueller/Heskey go. Randy will give funds to whoever I am sure of that and what was Commoli doing at the last game!? Continental approach with a foreign coach and director of football!? Exciting close season it has to be said!

Ok, people are asking why am I still hopeful.

Yesterday I was told it was done, but that there was going to be drama attached. Hence my comment yesterday about a charade.

Now, I have not had it confirmed or denied that last night was part of the drama I was told to expect. News broke late and I can't contact my guy right now.

It's possible that it's over, but it might not be; hence me saying 'don't lock the thread' rather than 'it's still on'.

I hadn't seen this post earlier from Gazton.

And whilst this may sound rude and I hope Gazton doesn't take it this way as it's not intended to be as insulting as this possibly sounds - but what would Gazton know? Seriously - if this last week has taught any of you gullible people it's not to believe people posting silly cryptic messages that can come across as attention seeking nothing. Not the case with Gazton - but this constant stream of 'ITK' bollocks twitter accounts from people basically seeing what they see in the newspapers is ridiculous. Nobody knows whats going on and the pretend otherwise and cling on to some faceless names on the internet is not the way to go about it.

Gazton posted a week before Ireland signed that it was a deal done. Anybody on this message board could have done that. It had been in the papers for weeks.

I posted something similar this morning first thing, absolutely 1000% this

Grayson a young talented manager, ask Leeds fans and they'll tell you how talented he is.

Look at Huddersfield - they sacked Lee Clark just to get Grayson installed. To finish Fourth in Div 1 this esason, with Charlton and both Sheffield clubs above you is a great achievement given the lack of money available, couple this with a Wembley date this weekend and he could be continuing to build on his (already strong) reputation.

To all the people chasing AVB - I suspect you all expected Ancellotti last year as well.

Face reality - we ARE NOT the draw that we used to be, we are a mid table side at best (in our current state), the sooner people realise this the better - it bloody pains me to type it but we really have to get real.

Simon Grayson was SACKED! The football he played was dreadful already had a Leeds fan predicting relegation for us when he's employed!

In his three full seasons at Leeds he finished in the Div 1 playoffs, got promoted, then finished 7th in the Championship. When he was sacked Leeds were within spitting distance of the playoffs.

Grayson was SACKED (as you seem to think this needs to exagerated) because he spoke out about the boards lack of financial backing.

Leeds moved quickly because of the availability of Neil Warnock - and a fat lot of good that did them!!

The football at leeds under Grayson was far from dreadful - not sure where you get that from - still, if it suits your opinion eh!

I'd disagree..

I bet he plays a crap game of Football Manager, though :)

Seriously, if we get someone like Di Matteo, to quote Carew'sEyebrowDesigner "I will disembowel myself".

I just don't see this as over quite yet..
Look at it this way.. they're hardly going to have a press conference on the big screens in front Molde's fans to say that he's coming to us are they?

It's over, and what's worse is that our noses will be rubbed in it again at 4pm and Sky will have another excuse to maybe put it on their yellow ticker for the 3rd time this week.

If Villa release an 'official' statement it gives even more of an indication to other managers out there that they would be second choice, so I guess we just have to bite the bullet. Everything that surrounds our current hierarchical structure seems to be a complete farce unfortunately.

I'd disagree..

You do realise he inherited his wealth don't you? He didn't earn it.

Pure stupidity 8)

In his three full seasons at Leeds he finished in the Div 1 playoffs, got promoted, then finished 7th in the Championship. When he was sacked Leeds were within spitting distance of the playoffs.

Grayson was SACKED (as you seem to think this needs to exagerated) because he spoke out about the boards lack of financial backing.

Leeds moved quickly because of the availability of Neil Warnock - and a fat lot of good that did them!!

The football at leeds under Grayson was far from dreadful - not sure where you get that from - still, if it suits your opinion eh!

Leeds in the Playoff's they should have been bloody promoted the first time he got there. I worked in Huddersfield, used to go and watch Leeds as Bannan was there, trust me it was bloody hoofball. Dreadful manager if appointed, nice chap as he used to play for us, but AM was also decent, I'm sick of these decent chaps, just want a decent manager. Can you please stop saying Div1, no matter how NPower have re-branded the leagues, it is DIV 2 in my book.

Solskjær this morning: "We'll stay at home, that's decided. But much of what's reported in the newspapers today is nonsense".

It's just all so flipping cryptic. No where have MoldeFK come out with a statement saying - OGS is to continue as manager...

PC to follow.

They've shifted the PC as well - Norwegian's are starting to pick up on all the uncertainty around this as well.

The family thing is a bit of a smokescreen. OGS has lived here before - he knows the score what it's like in UK. If it's true he already held

talks with Lerner in March/April then he's had a fair few weeks to decide he didn't want to uproot his family.

I suppose we shall have to wait for the press conference to see what comes out.........

gutted that this seems to have fallen through. Like others im holding onto hope that there may be another twist in this but i think that it is more wishful thinking than anything else. Was so game for OGS all other mentioned names (with the exception of AVB which wont happen) seem dull and uninspiring.