No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time we got a grip here. OGS won a very poor league with a billionaire backing him. He could have been way out of his depth as Villa manager. Lambert and Martinez would still be great appointments.

Yes but if bloke managing a team that wins its league in front of 9,000 fans doesn't want the job - what chance lambert or martinez - close to zero.

I don't buy the family reason either - he still has a house in the UK - has lived here for 11 of the last 13 years !

I really think he got more details - cash for players - wage ceilings - and thought better of it.

You bet if other PL clubs comparable to villa make him an offer - he wouldn't have any family problems them.

FFS - its the guys stated ambition to manage in the PL - he ain't gunna be able to do that from Norway.

All sounds incredibly fishy. He gives the clearest indication he wants it one day (after presumably talking it over with his family for a week or so) and then declines a few days later due to family reasons after a meeting with the dodgy owner.

Strange but nothing surprises me as a Villa fan. At least I wasn't clamouring for news on Twitter awaiting that kick in the bollocks.

Fjortoft saying villa never offered him the job

OGS went to dinner with the owners and had a meeting ... In the meantime Villa said OGS was no longer a candidate

Weird stuff

Suggests Solskjaer was never more than a plan B and that they have had a positive response from plan A.

If we make an appointment in the next couple of days it would seem that is the case.

@EricLichaj

Words can't describe what's going on

He's watching that documentary on channel 4 about fat fetishes and food. I decided against watching that one.

That documentary is sick :puke:

Meanwhile... Is that a response from Eric Lichaj or his opinion? If it's his opinion he should shut the hell up.

Some pathetic reactions against the club here!

I do not see how the club can be blamed in this situation. A lot of fans set themselves up for disappointment.

Agree, I'm gutted myself, but dont see how we can blame the club on this one. Truly gutted. Let's hope we can still get a vibrant young manager in! None of us were even considering OGS before it came up!