No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't decide between him and Lambert. Now I don't have to. Just sort out Lambert now please Villa, for the love of McGrath.

wow!!!

I think that was the fastest my fingers had ever moved to lay everything I had put on OGS!! My goodness that was intense...

I'm gutted because (A) I think he would of done an amazing job, and even if he didn't he would of at least united the Villa fans and (B) I would of won just over £1.5k...

As it stands now, I'm totally deflated about him not taking the Villa job, but managed to lay off my betting position quick enough so that if he takes the job I win £2.96 but if he doesn't I win £76.87..!!

That was super intense!

Lambert was always way ahead as my number one choice but I'd have been happy with Ole as a back up plan. With him out the running I hope we now get Lambert as otherwise it could be another **** up appointment.

Sad to hear this :(

After last season, the prospect of some nice attacking football played on the deck was very appealing indeed.

Glass half full and all that though, maybe we'll find someone better to take the job in the long run.

Totally gutted about this. Although I had no idea how well he would do, OGS as manager was an idea that really got me excited for next season.

Nobody else we are likely to get (Martinez and Lambo included) really excites me. Lambo is just MON all over again and Martinez has talent, but has managed a team that have been terrible for 2/3 of each of the last 3 seasons.

OGS and our pursuit of showed insight and desire to change things.

I'll renew my ST this week, but I think the chances of me returning it before the start of the season stand at well over 60% as I don't see us getting a good manager and I don't see us buying anyone decent.

Like I say, not saying OGS would've been good, but the idea was good and I enjoyed being excited about the club for once.

Seriously gutted.

Argh. Left my PC an hour or so ago to watch Mad Men with the wife.

"Where've you been?" she said

"Just checking for new of the Villa manager" I replied

"What's the point, won't you just end up with someone **** anyway?"

I just smiled knowingly (I thought) and said "oh, we'll see"

And I come back to THIS?!

FFS! Now I'm gutted AND my wife was right! ;(

We havent approached Lambert though. This strikes me as with Martinez last year. Ole was our number one we approached him, offered him a contract and he said no. Only down hill from there. Same as with MArtinez, approached, said no. Hire McLeish.

How long until Mick McCarthy is spotted at VP?