No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Well he couldn't wait forever could he.................if we wanted him we should have done the deal ...........i really fear who our new manager will be now .......If OGS has declined us......I don't rate our chances of getting lambert........are we down to the deadly trio

Kmac

Southgate

Grayson....

Seems lerner learnt nothing over the last 12 months

Are you trying to sound like a parody? If you are you've outdone yourself mate!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh well that sucks to be honest :/ wanted OGS to be manager as he would change our style of play!

Lambert's a bit Meh even though we haven't approached him, dont want Martinez, so apart from the Portugese manager (Domingos Paciencia) who's aparently interested then who is it going to be?

The ITK's saw it as: we want Ole, Ole wants it. There is no way they could predict pulling out due to family reasons.

I'm seriously deflated. It was a 90%+ approval rating, and a risk, and he made all the right noises. With Lambert not making any noises at all about leaving, and Martinez being interviewed for the greatest job in world football (etc.etc.), it's going to leave us with someone who will be risker, less exciting and with less fans enthusiastic about it all. Me included.

What a load of shit. I **** hate being a Villa fan sometimes.

seems like when we talked turkey - he didn't like the finer details ......neither will any other manager worth his salt......so forget Lambert/Martinez/Poyet

Its Grayson or Kmac...............

The ITK's saw it as: we want Ole, Ole wants it. There is no way they could predict pulling out due to family reasons.

I'm seriously deflated. It was a 90%+ approval rating, and a risk, and he made all the right noises. With Lambert not making any noises at all about leaving, and Martinez being interviewed for the greatest job in world football (etc.etc.), it's going to leave us with someone who will be risker, less exciting and with less fans enthusiastic about it all. Me included.

What a load of shit. I **** hate being a Villa fan sometimes.

This is my take on it as well.

As I said, absolutely gutted. I'll get over it, but it would've been better for all I think if we'd never been linked with him in the first place.

I don't blame any ITKs as they were spot on until the dying moments where they were foiled by something they could not predict which is the thoughts of OGS himself. They can track his movements, they can somehow get what was said in a meeting but they can't scoop out his thoughts and in the end his free will is what undid them, so the ITKs were brilliant as usual.

What does Mantis think of this development?

SSN are saying WE have confirmed he won't be manager. Make no mistake, he isn't coming. Apparently no offer was made.

IMO an offer was made.........this no offer is just to save face.

I have no idea how this went so catastrophically wrong..

We seemed to want him. He seemed to want us. Got the fans approval and spread a bit of hope and optimism. His current club treated him. His current club then **** him over and seemingly gave him an easy way out - now he wants to stay? **** sake.

It's funny the way people are trying to turn this on the club now by saying they are trying to 'save face' by saying an offer wasn't made. How does anyone know an offer was actually made?