No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we shake things up a bit here? I've got an idea that may have something to it. Maybe OGS knew he wasn't going to be offered the job and has done this to save face with the Molde supporters.

This reason is bullshit.

I think either Villa got approval from no.1 target and we said thanks but no thanks Ole and hes covering it up.

Or hes knocked us back because hes gotten a massive pay rise (most likely).

If we hire a manager in the next day or two.. it is option 1.

Option 2 if it drags out.

What do you mean it's not a cock up? Look at the media reaction, look at the fans reaction! I know everyone loves a bit of drama, but this doesn't look good.

PS. This might be plan B? I sense Simon Grayson off the cuff without any plans made beforehand....

Not buying the family reasons. I would suspect MoldeFK have been applying the pressure.

Unless he's just been hankering for a big payrise of course, which doesn't appear to be his style at all.

Villa have took the unusual step of confirming to SSN that he was not offered the job after further talks.

Hmm... curiouser and curiouser

OGS would not have got on Lerners plane the other day if his family weren't open to the idea of a permanent move to Birmingham.

I smell a rat.

100% This. His wife would have made it clear before he even came over here, but no, his wife got on the plane too.

Shall we shake things up a bit here? I've got an idea that may have something to it. Maybe OGS knew he wasn't going to be offered the job and has done this to save face with the Molde supporters.
That sounds plausible, but if that is the case, why the hell didn't we offer it to him!?

That was what I was thinking

Maybe OGs was an expensive smokescreen while plan a slipt in under the radar

They hired McLeish last year. Not sure anyone could make the required leap in cunning to execute both plans in consecutive years.

More likely for me is lack of funding. That seems to be more in line with the evidence from the last couple years.

Not sure the offer/non-offer issue will ever be resolved. There are a lot of nuances as far as that goes. From ITK, it would seem that both sides were quite far into the process, however. Denying the official offer seems to be more of a move to save face than a statement of fact in my view.

Break it down it's obvious what happened...

We did meet and show an interest..

He WASN'T offered anything...

He was under consideration..

Meanwhile he's met with Molde owners and decided to stay so has withdrew his interest..

So I don't believe we did make an offer but he was under consideration.

That sounds plausible, but if that is the case, why the hell didn't we offer it to him!?

I'm hoping that its because Plan A has given us the nod. I don't think Solskjaer was ever anything more than a back up plan.

Talksport earlier were saying that the LFC owners were holding court in Boston for any interviews.

Whereas Randy has the decency to send his jet over to Norway to help OGS so he's not away from the club

for too long, as they had a game coming up.

Everyone in Norway was convinced he would leave if Villa offered him the job. Emotional blackmail?

Something is a foot...like grumbob said... I smell a rat.

OGS would not have got on Lerners plane the other day if his family weren't open to the idea of a permanent move to Birmingham.

I smell a rat.

100% This. His wife would have made it clear before he even came over here, but no, his wife got on the plane too.

Or maybe she got on the plane to see what Birmingham was like because maybe she's never been.