No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OGS wont show up in England today. I know couse I meet him at the dentist office 3 hours ago.

He was there with his son, wearing MFK suit (looked like he was ready for training).

I did not ask about Villa couse i guess his tired of all Q's about the topic. So we only talked about "dentist-stuff".

How do I know? I grew up 200 meters from his house and we are about the same age. Sign him!

I think if anything he'll manage Molde through their next two matches and move to Villa on 1st June. It would be too disruptive (and a bit pointless with it being the quietest time of the year) for him to move sooner.

I don't care if he's staying with Molde until June 1st. I just want to know if he will be our manager from next month. Hopefully something will be sorted this week.

Can't wait until we have a manager in place and we can turn our attention to speculating about summer transfer shenanigans.

My feeling is that it'll probably be early next week. I think it's much less likely to be this week. If it is OGS then the June 1st thing makes sense and I've seen it suggested elsewhere.

Yep, I still hink this will happen next week when the Norwegian league goes on a mid summer break.

There is no reason to pull their manager and all their coaches over here when they have two games this week. Much better to wait for the month long break so they have some time to get replacements sorted before the second half of their season starts.

No need to mess up another team when there is nothing for OGS to do here this week anyway.

If we dont hear anything this week, there is a great chance that its OGS, because if its Lambert, there should be no reason not to finalize it this week. I understand if OGS wants to say goodbye properly to Molde.

If he's looking for a free buy-out clause in his contract should Man U offer him a job, he can get ****. Whatever about using Villa as a platform to other jobs (I doubt many would begrudge him doing this) but don't be so overt about it.

I think this one week, since 'he who shall not be named' was sacked, has been more exciting than the whole of last season.

watching paint dry would be more interesting than last season...

Unless it is Mcleish's house that has just been painted

I think this one week, since 'he who shall not be named' was sacked, has been more exciting than the whole of last season.

watching paint dry would be more interesting than last season...

Unless it is Mcleish's house that has just been painted

:lol:

I don't buy this June 1 thing - OGS seems desparate for the job - I think he would start this afternoon if we asked him.

Remember last summer we all thought it was ruse - and we would appoint Mark Hughes on July 1 ? - The way see it

If we are going to move for lambert - the news will break in the next 48 hours

If its to be OGS - the final steps will be put in place by the end of this week

If we go into next week - OGS\Lambert will be fading IMO - we are then into best case scenario of

Martinez (Held up with liverpool ?)

FSW - (Ditto)

Lets hope we don't get down to southgate, grayson, Mcdonald

@abc123cox82 @villamatt1874 @Fourth_Official: "Ole Gunnar Solskjær will be the new Aston Villa manager #AVFC" - Kind of implies it's done!

@Buffox @abc123cox82 @villamatt1874 it is but it's not official yet

Make of it what you will... I don't think I can wait 1st June!!!!

I was thinking, if it turns out that Rogers has snubbed Liverpool to throw his hat in the ring for the Villa job, and if I was making the decision (and it was my money at stake) this would make me sit and think,,, and then appoint OGS.

I don't buy this June 1 thing - OGS seems desparate for the job - I think he would start this afternoon if we asked him.

Remember last summer we all thought it was ruse - and we would appoint Mark Hughes on July 1 ? - The way see it

If we are going to move for lambert - the news will break in the next 48 hours

If its to be OGS - the final steps will be put in place by the end of this week

If we go into next week - OGS\Lambert will be fading IMO - we are then into best case scenario of

Martinez (Held up with liverpool ?)

FSW - (Ditto)

Lets hope we don't get down to southgate, grayson, Mcdonald

Don't agree. After all the flak he got from the club, and with 2 games coming up in 6 days, I'd say he wants to keep it very quite, especially, if it's a done deal. As I said earlier he'd seems like the guy who wants to help out the club. One could speculate that that's the reason it's so quite, he wants to hold the announcement until early next week.