No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

If he's looking for a free buy-out clause in his contract should Man U offer him a job, he can get ****. Whatever about using Villa as a platform to other jobs (I doubt many would begrudge him doing this) but don't be so overt about it.

I thought the free buy-out clause was in his current contract for Molde, should Man Utd come calling, but £400k approx for everyone else. I doubt that he would want to carry this clause across with us and that this would be a sticking point for him being our manager as he does seem very keen on it. Besides, Lerner and Faulkner are fools if they even contemplate agreeing to a clause like this.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why we wouldn't wait til the 1st of June to be honest. Randy will want to do the right thing by Molde in all of this too. I think he would happily wait a week to employ a manager he wants if it keeps the other team happier.

Can anyone summarise what's happened so far today

Pretty much nothing.

Randy flew in this morning but other than that, there's been nothing concrete, not even much speculation either.

Clearly I am better at tracking footie people :lol:

I thought you'd retired from that pursuit?!!!

We're all just starting to come to terms with life after TT's updates..... :(

Wish the board could somehow tell us that we've got OGS without actually confirming it.

Kind of like:

"Board Statement: We are continuing our search for a manager and expect to have permanent manager in place by June 1st. :winkold:"

Well, I woke up a bit worse for wear this morning, I had a bit of a late night session on Trials Evolution. Was running a little late for work, so no time for breakfast and had to make do with a quick rinse around the key areas. Not a great start to the day.

So I get to work, sit down, deal with a slew of emails whilst perusing VT and my other regular online haunts. I read a few webcomics, have a cursory look at Twitter, so on and so forth. Got an email from the estate agents of the people we're buying from and a phone call from an underwriter about my health insurance application. Deal with those, crack open a can of Diet Coke and back to work. Get a phone call from the boss, got some jiggery-pokery to do on a spreadsheet but that can wait. Listened to one of the guys I work with getting real arsey on the phone with one of the marketing girls, that'll come back to bite him on the ass. He's a douchebag though, so ho-hum. We pack his van with marketing collateral as he's off to an exhibition this week, will be nice and quiet in the office for a bit now.

Roll on 12, a quick jog down to Gregg's for a sausage roll. I noticed the till rung up the price as 87p, but they still charge 85p. Guess they're still fighting it out over that hot food tax issue. I think back to when we had more bakers in town than just Gregg's, and how good 3 Cooks up Wote Street used to be. I breathe a heavy sigh. They were good sausage rolls there man, like really **** tasty. C'est la vie.

Back to the office, a quick peek in the post room to see if my new goalkeeper gloves have arrived. Got a bargain on a great pair of F-Line gloves. No package for me. Ah well, it's early days. Sit down, back on VillaTalk to check what's up. Has anything happened with OGS yet? Nope, but CI's asked a question; better answer it...

Why everyone so concerned about what OGS is doing? The right question is what his agent Solbakken had been doing the last week. When did he come home from Birmingham? Where i he right now? OGS has an agent to take care of the details.

Well if Lerner has flown back in I'd say OGS is not nailed on at all

He must be interviewing others this week

thetrees has said that he flies in to Bham every Tuesday morning, and has done all season. so he's just doing what he always done, irrelevant of whether he is interviewing or not.

Well, I woke up a bit worse for wear this morning, I had a bit of a late night session on Trials Evolution. Was running a little late for work, so no time for breakfast and had to make do with a quick rinse around the key areas. Not a great start to the day.

So I get to work, sit down, deal with a slew of emails whilst perusing VT and my other regular online haunts. I read a few webcomics, have a cursory look at Twitter, so on and so forth. Got an email from the estate agents of the people we're buying from and a phone call from an underwriter about my health insurance application. Deal with those, crack open a can of Diet Coke and back to work. Get a phone call from the boss, got some jiggery-pokery to do on a spreadsheet but that can wait. Listened to one of the guys I work with getting real arsey on the phone with one of the marketing girls, that'll come back to bite him on the ass. He's a douchebag though, so ho-hum. We pack his van with marketing collateral as he's off to an exhibition this week, will be nice and quiet in the office for a bit now.

Roll on 12, a quick jog down to Gregg's for a sausage roll. I noticed the till rung up the price as 87p, but they still charge 85p. Guess they're still fighting it out over that hot food tax issue. I think back to when we had more baker's in town that just Gregg's, and how good 3 Cooks up Wote Street used to be. I breathe a heavy sigh. They were good sausage rolls there man, like really **** tasty. C'est la vie.

Back to the office, a quick peek in the post room to see if my new goalkeeper gloves have arrived. Got a bargain on a great pair of F-Line gloves. No package for me. Ah well, it's early days. Sit down, back on VillaTalk to check what's up. Has anything happened with OGS yet? Nope, but CI's asked a question; better answer it...

Good news, Gareth is on Twitter.....following!

Roll on 12, a quick jog down to Gregg's for a sausage roll. I noticed the till rung up the price as 87p, but they still charge 85p. Guess they're still fighting it out over that hot food tax issue. I think back to when we had more baker's in town that just Gregg's, and how good 3 Cooks up Wote Street used to be. I breathe a heavy sigh. They were good sausage rolls there man, like really **** tasty. C'est la vie.

:lol::lol:

Nothing to report lots of mixed messages outside of VP about what is going on .

My understanding same as Saturday is they are still in the interview procedure and its 3 in the process with others who have thrown their hat in the ring via agents .

Think Matt Kendrick is probably as ITK as anyone at the moment outside of the inner sanctum

Roll on 12, a quick jog down to Gregg's for a sausage roll. I noticed the till rung up the price as 87p, but they still charge 85p. Guess they're still fighting it out over that hot food tax issue. I think back to when we had more bakers in town than just Gregg's, and how good 3 Cooks up Wote Street used to be. I breathe a heavy sigh. They were good sausage rolls there man, like really **** tasty. C'est la vie.

You're the reason I still read this forum.

All is right in the world I see this morning as Gareth's contribution to global GDP remains consistent!

Wish the board could somehow tell us that we've got OGS without actually confirming it.

Kind of like:

"Board Statement: We are continuing our search for a manager and expect to have permanent manager in place by June 1st. :winkold:"

Or how about this?

Board Statement:

We appreciate all the letters we have received regarding our ongoing search for a manager and, in particular, the fans' preferred choice.

Despite this, we feel the need to remain firm in our approach.

There is nor way that we're gunnar tell you who's getting the job.

LOLOL....

P Faulkner

Think Matt Kendrick is probably as ITK as anyone at the moment outside of the inner sanctum

Cheers MM...

Mat reckoned OGS is in P'OLE position for the job earlier on via a tweet on his day off.